Is it time to let go

dipstic

Reaction score
Not for the first time have I been out for a quick thrash in my car,only to find when I get back im pi--ed off, forever watching out for cameras/plod/numpties who park anywhere,dont indicate,doing 20mph in a 40mph limit then just turn left with no warning.
I was sat at lights by a petrol station and saw an elderly woman in her 15 year old jap car,she had a job to turn it around and next to her in the front seat was a dog that looked like it was straight out of "Gremlins" she then proceeded off up the road at about 10mph,hope I never come across her doing 10mph while Im getting a move on.
Im no spring chicken so perhaps its time to get rid of the S3 and just potter around in my astra est and do the same as the numpties (if you cant beat them join them)

Pi--ed off S3 owner

You cant do that to your S3! Punish it because of a few little grannies in their novas doin 10mph...

do what i did.... get rid of the S3 and go for a sensible, slower and quieter car... :huh:

Do what I did, get rid of the S3 and get an R32, the exhaust note seems to scare small children and grannies.

klauster said:
do what i did.... get rid of the S3 and go for a sensible, slower and quieter car... :huh:

I think you should have stopped at 'sensible' lol

lil_coz said:
I think you should have stopped at 'sensible' lol

hehe...

on a more serious note, try doing what i do when you fancy a good drive, pick a time of day when these idiots arent on the road, i tend to wait until 10pm then take my RS4 for a spin... roads are quieter, normally less plod and easier to see other drivers I think

Oh yes... I used to see one every now and then. Loudest thing I've ever heard! Was in like a deep pearl blue colour with the 2 white stripes. Looked gorgeous! Did I mention it was loud?!

I think your S3 would forgive you if you changed it for a Cobra... Stunning cars. Always liked em :icon_thumright:

lil_coz said:
Oh yes... I used to see one every now and then. Loudest thing I've ever heard! Was in like a deep pearl blue colour with the 2 white stripes. Looked gorgeous! Did I mention it was loud?!

I think your S3 would forgive you if you changed it for a Cobra... Stunning cars. Always liked em :icon_thumright:

The S3 is only a weekend/fun car could do the same with a cobra (make sure I get a hardtop for it)

dipstic said:
The S3 is only a weekend/fun car could do the same with a cobra (make sure I get a hardtop for it)

I'd find myself in the Cobra more often than not. Is there one in particular that you're looking at? Or is it just a possibility at the moment?

lil_coz said:
I'd find myself in the Cobra more often than not. Is there one in particular that you're looking at? Or is it just a possibility at the moment?

Well the S3 will go sometime in the next six months which leaves me with the funds, getting background info on various kits, dont think I would build one myself,so would wait for the right one or get one build to my spec.
Already noticed a big difference in quality (sometimes directly related to overall cost)
Biggest issue is deciding how much I want to spend against how much I will need to spend to get what I want
So toe in the water time at the mo

dipstic said:
Well the S3 will go sometime in the next six months which leaves me with the funds, getting background info on various kits, dont think I would build one myself,so would wait for the right one or get one build to my spec.
Already noticed a big difference in quality (sometimes directly related to overall cost)
Biggest issue is deciding how much I want to spend against how much I will need to spend to get what I want
So toe in the water time at the mo

I knew that there were a few kits out there but didnt realise it was as complicated as that! With a car like that and the money you'll be spending I dont blame you for wanting to get it spot on. Hope you get what you want and enjoy the S3 whilst its still there!

Coss

dipstic said:

The superformance kit seems to be setting the standards. Imho, if you are getting a car like that, there's no point being overly cost driven.

http://www.superformance.com/