is it worth swaping the S3

Azz

Reaction score
i have my 66 for around 16 months , is it worth swappign the car. im paying 350pm paid 1500 depo.
on 14k miles.only do local drving as moved work locations closee to home.

is there anythign worht donwgrading to, ie, something around 250pm? but stilol decent looking and good all round?

ie , golfs (not R)
leon FR, cupra?

Depends what your needs are. Kids? Weekends away? The S3 is such a great all-rounder, it's a hard car to replace.

But for me, I work from home, so my car only gets used on odd weekends. Not worth me changing mine, as it's paid off. But when I do come to change, I'll be downgrading to a new Fiesta ST.

The new Fiesta is pretty much the size of a MK1 Focus. Has enough power to make it fun, and will have a better chassis than any Audi or VW to make it more fun to drive more of the time.

I'm still hoping in the next 12-18 months Ford announce a Fiesta RS. I'd get one of them in a heartbeat.

Reactions: KenL
it will be hard to let the S3 go , but atm local driving isnt too great on fuel either , insuracne and fuel costs and and the montly combined is around total 600pm.

350pm
40 a week petrol min
insurance 70pm

i think thats quite a lot.

those fiesta are a good shout though and will defo need a 4/5 door car anyway.

it will be hard to let the S3 go , but atm local driving isnt too great on fuel either , insuracne and fuel costs and and the montly combined is around total 600pm.

350pm
40 a week petrol min
insurance 70pm

i think thats quite a lot.

those fiesta are a good shout though and will defo need a 4/5 door car anyway.

£1500 was a low’ish deposit, hence the monthlies. If you really want to cut costs, better off selling it privately unless you shop around and get a decent deal from a dealer

Azz I would say that's a good deal on the finance, you'd be hard pressed to even get an ex-demo for under £400 p/m with £1000 deposit nowadays.

I got a 64 plate S3 for £17k and the loan repayments over 5 years are £300 pm, extended warranty £66 pm.

Depends what your needs are. Kids? Weekends away? The S3 is such a great all-rounder, it's a hard car to replace.

But for me, I work from home, so my car only gets used on odd weekends. Not worth me changing mine, as it's paid off. But when I do come to change, I'll be downgrading to a new Fiesta ST.

The new Fiesta is pretty much the size of a MK1 Focus. Has enough power to make it fun, and will have a better chassis than any Audi or VW to make it more fun to drive more of the time.

I'm still hoping in the next 12-18 months Ford announce a Fiesta RS. I'd get one of them in a heartbeat.
Without causing a huge diversion, the plasticy interior has always put me off of Ford's, what's your thoughts? Considered an RS briefly before my S3 but the interior leaves a lot to be desired considering price points.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Without causing a huge diversion, the plasticy interior has always put me off of Ford's, what's your thoughts? Considered an RS briefly before my S3 but the interior leaves a lot to be desired considering price points.

The new Fiesta and Focus interiors are a huge step up from the last Gen cars IMHO. The last Fiesta was just a button-fest, while the new car has a much better dashboard. I just wish the screen could be lowered into the dash, as it does look a bit `stuck on`.

My son has a new shape ibiza fr and tbh it's a cracking little car and punches way above it's weight.
When the cupra ibiza comes out, that'll be one heck of a car and I would take it over a fiesta ST anyday

The new Fiesta and Focus interiors are a huge step up from the last Gen cars IMHO. The last Fiesta was just a button-fest, while the new car has a much better dashboard. I just wish the screen could be lowered into the dash, as it does look a bit `stuck on`.
Interesting, may give them a look just out of curiosity. My cousin is a master tech for them nearby so could get friends and family discount :p

In regards to the OP, you have the S1, whcih I believe to be around 230hp and that pulls well, and a great interior. My mate has one with the competition pack I believe it is called. I've seen Ibiza FR and not a bad looking motor, can't comment on power or interior as never been in one. Leon R would be up at S3 power territory so probably not much help there.

I thought about this a few months ago before I got the s3 moving to a cheaper/cheerful car but couldn’t resist. You only live once why not enjoy.
Saying that if I saw this at the time I might have thought twice about the s3.
https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/...a_[ez]_5dr_dsg/24/8000/9/85108-1453-2019.html
290bhp and £228 per mknth for 3 years.
Great price. For me I don't really like the hatchback shape now, shame they don't have that in a saloon. Good looking motor.

some of the deals available in the UK are mind blowing, over the water in Europe I cant get close to those numbers.
if I could I would be driving something totally unnecessary and likely inappropriate for my age.

Reactions: NevMan
i have my 66 for around 16 months , is it worth swappign the car. im paying 350pm paid 1500 depo.
on 14k miles.only do local drving as moved work locations closee to home.

is there anythign worht donwgrading to, ie, something around 250pm? but stilol decent looking and good all round?

ie , golfs (not R)
leon FR, cupra?
If I was changing now I'd be all over this deal:

Seat

Reactions: Azz, NevMan and Damo S
some great points from al above, yes i did get a relatively good deal with a low deposit, i have had good fun over the time ive had the S3, with gap, tyre insurance, road tax , freebies.

just lookint at possible options, and i may chnage at 2 yr mark.

that Cupra deal is insane.

btw, selling privately, where can i do this (companies/online) as its a financed car and how does it work ?

some great points from al above, yes i did get a relatively good deal with a low deposit, i have had good fun over the time ive had the S3, with gap, tyre insurance, road tax , freebies.

just lookint at possible options, and i may chnage at 2 yr mark.

that Cupra deal is insane.

btw, selling privately, where can i do this (companies/online) as its a financed car and how does it work ?

Just search this forum mate, loads of info and detail about car in finance, pcp etc

Sell the car - receive the cash. Then ring up VWFS and say you wish to pay off the finance. Never done it personally but would assume it's difficult as you say, as you're selling a car with finance O/S.

If you trade it into another garage they’ll pay the finance company direct, as they can’t legally give you the cash as you don’t own the asset.

If they are giving you less for the car than the outstanding finance value I believe you will have to pay the remaining immediately or the new garage still won’t own the car.

If it’s the other way round and the valuation is more than the outstanding balance they’ll still pay the finance off and you’ll get the rest.

You can do what I did with a Q5 I had - sale or return - I used a company near Portsmouth called Targa Florio. They collected the car, marketed it and sold it for me. It was on PCP and they paid off the finance which I confirmed with Audi FS and then paid the rest to me.