Is it wrong that I'm already considering remapping my S4!?!?

"Just to confirm I removed the Center Resonator... and just swapped out the tips but that's just for looks "

the tips give it an aftermarket look

I think because he did the centre box instead of the front ones it may have reduced the drone effect

Reactions: Chop. and 8BallAddict
I've gone a bit of a different route with mine.
I did intake and exhaust first.
Next up I'll do tune and pulley.

@8BallAddict £225 for a stage 1 map is that mates rates ? Cheapest I can find is more like £800 and not many places seem to touch the s4 ecu's

£225 was a sale price down from £250. It's a remap from a company called Celtic Tuning and it was offered by HazzyDayz Audi/VW retrofitters. It is stupidly cheep hence for asking for opinions. Seems too good to be true.

I need to look into it more but I am edging Revo or APR (after @chucky1 post - many thanks by the way). I think the package from APR seems a good deal and I like what you get for the money. Being able to change modes using the cruise stalk rather than having to buy seperate hardware like you do with the Revo setup seems like a good deal to me. Also, I like the idea of this Carbonio intake that makes the whine not so prominent as with other intakes.

Reactions: Chop.
Iv done a fair bit of messing around with my exhaust and had the standard back boxes opened up at one point you would be supprised to so how much the diameter pipe decreases just as it enters the box, looks very restrictive

Reactions: 8BallAddict
I've heard celtic can be very hit and miss, im also down in the south (plymouth) so had them as a option when i find a s4

Reactions: 8BallAddict
I've heard celtic can be very hit and miss, im also down in the south (plymouth) so had them as a option when i find a s4
I've recently driven an s4 from audi at plymouth.
I'm known well there so we're happy to hand over the keys for half hour.

I will be changing from my s3 to an s4 so long as I can talk myself into the needed mods for 450+ hp...

I loved everything about thr s4...

Ahh i seen that one advertised, just out of my price range though! i'm travelling across the country looking at 3 cars on Monday!

T-3 days!

Full stage 2 ECU remap
DSG box remap
Pulley upgrade
Stage 2 Carbonio Intake
Braided brake lines
And some tinkering with the exhaust system

Excited is an understatement!

:yahoo:

Reactions: Chop., MattS5 and xpoweruk
Nobody has mentioned the augmented noise for the S4 (and S5) exhausts, pull the fuse if you want the true soundtrack in the cabin.

Only applies to the B8.5.The b8 doesn't have sound aktor

Reactions: 8BallAddict and GeoffDunk
The S4's and S5's had an augmented exhaust sound piped into the cabin through the speakers. The external sound is as it would be and any exhaust mods will change this. There will also be some change inside the cabin as you do here some true exhaust sounds. You can also pull a fuse and lose the false exhaust not that comes out of the speakers.

Check this, this is an S4 and the guy has pulled fuse number 5, we did this to my mates S5 and it had the same effect. I am glad to say my RS4 doesn't suffer this, I get the full V8 natural soundtrack.

What was ya best 1/4 time & at what mph?

Best so far is 12.2 @ 117mph. That was with summer lightweight wheels fitted. 12.5s on these runs so makes a big difference. Average RT was approx 0.4s so room for improvement as want into 11s. And no launch control either as these dont have it but LC will be mapped in when decision is made for either new chargecooler or radiator and a small tweak to the map and then should be near enough 500bhp.

Reactions: Chop., 8BallAddict and xpoweruk
I can see you getting in the 11's soon then.
Nice times & @ 117mph should see 11's with a good 60ft I would think