kigglesss

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

doing a Bixenon upgrade on my audi facelift a3 8p 5 door. got the following:

- hella headlight
- D3S bulbs
- Ballists
- Loom

i have been told to put loom in and with the four additional wires (two for each side) i need to wire them two the BCM on box D and box A.

I was wondering if my BCM is Xenon headlight with shutter compatable? although in the screen shot looks like i could just tick the box but I have heard there is more to it than that.

have i made somebad assumptions? I have not yet fitted the lights to the car. My plan is to test them before doing anything. so put wires in the right places, update software and try to turn on the lights?

Save
Save

Hey bazzle,

The thread you have refered me to doesn't actually answer my question the thread. That thread is focused on talking about what he has achieved rather then what is has done for fit the lights in his car. rather then complete information to help others just points out people need to sit infront of a computer for ages to work stuff out.

Does not out line the VAG COM coding process. for example screen shots, what buttons he has selected or bytes he has changed for the change.

does not highlight how the wires from kuftic are fitted to car. for example taking off the driver side foot well and then removing the clips from the BCM which is located in the driver footwell. To then remove clips labeled at the back A B C D. to remove plugs A which is a black coloured clip, to then insert certain wires into selected pins and how it was done. (example). As I do not know this is something I would like to know if anyone does?

sure other people will find this thread usefull if things were a bit more cler cut. Although the washer thread is very good for this(although no coding).

As I said, if you use genuine VCDS and not a £40 copy off eBay I'll happily help you.

I had to sit for ages working everything out, reading wiring diagrams, buying parts, buying looks, fitting, coding etc.

The thread was never intended to be a "guide", there is no point doing a guide as there are too many variations in wiring between certain model years of cars.

I'll tell you one thing; your car isn't running the BCM setup.

Last edited:
so I would need a new BCM to fit the headlights to the car?

if that is the case I will probably leave it as it will cost too much and taking apart the car and ECU etc isn't something I want to do.

Why Darren is saying different I don't know but If the screen shot above is of your actual module ( 8p0 907 279 N )
Which is a pre facelift 30 byte high module

Then YES it is possible to fit bi xenon headlights with led drls
The loom adapters with 4 additional wires,
2 additional wires are for the shutter for high beam

Right = block A pin 5
Left = block D pin 6

The other 2 for led drls

Right = block A pin 3
Left = block D pin 3

A word of warning though, the kufatec looms have been know to be incorrectly wired, I've done several now and have had to re pin them myself

Labelled as 8J TT but is indenticle module to A3

7226835c2c19cd4901f119ccad2fcc09.jpg

On iPhone using Tapacrap

Last edited:
Reactions: hollows wife
I have managed to get it all wired up fine. Surprisingly most of the information I have been given is utterly wrong and not useful.

But 1Wheelonly yours was very close to being correct.

Block D
DRL pin 10
BI xenon pin 6

Block A
DRL pin 7? (i think)
Bi xenon pin 5

i did in the end.

I will do a decent write up once I have fitted the headlights.
So at least someone else can benefit from the headache i had fitting.

thanks for help everyone.

Your bi xenon shutter pins are correct but you seem to of wired the led drls to the side light pins

They should of already been populated so I guess you removed the existing pins ??

In that case you require the loom adapter with 2 wires not 4
That way the rep inning is done in the loom adapter and not the cem

50738037f2f089851c3f126703a9925b.png
1c43c11fb9de36a46fd22a5347a2e63d.png

When you recode for bi xenons with led drls you no longer have sidelights etc

The drls require 2 power feeds, pin 10 and pin 12 on the 14 pin loom adapter

Therefore if you'd of had the correct loom adapter and it was pinned correctly you'd only need to add the shutter wires to the cem and recode

On iPhone using Tapacrap

Guys for facelift models 2010/11 what is the part number of bcm(highline)that supports bixenon ??
Is iz possible that i have already highline bcm on a3 sportback 10/11 with halogen lights ?
Is there any way to check without vcds

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not according to kufatec page where it says models past 2010 year maybe need bcm to be changed to highline model...

Kufatec can't even get there looms correct so I wouldn't read too Much into it

On iPhone using Tapacrap

My bcm is 8p0 907 063 G and couldnt find anything online for this bcm does it support bi-xenon conversion anybody have some data for bcms for 8p 2010/11??

Your bcm is facelift 3 X 52 pin module and will work fine with bi xenons

On iPhone using Tapacrap

hello, ive got a loom with 1 wire, pin and was told it fits somewher ein the bcm unit, would u know were? the lights work fine apart for the drl's indicators/ normal lights, dont have beam or side drl lights

thanks

The wires are ran back to the cem for the shutters for main beam pins C48 & 49

Drls etc won't work until coded correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok thanks for the information will get them connected, very much appreciated, i'ii look at the coding next thanks alot

hello, do you know were these fit? come across a black box with some plugs, see pic attached

thanks

pictures below, came across some relays do the wires go into these?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 640
hello, do you mean the relay or that brown plug? sorry to ask but first time ive done this and both are brown

ive looked in relay and doesnt seemt o b any places spare in that

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 420
It's the large brown plug

See the tab at the top, press that in and the white lever releases it as you lift it
5d4a842e6eceb3029f9c932872322e39.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for bumping and old thread. I wired up bi-xenon headlights using kufatec adapter set. I have a 2012 A3 with 3-plug BCM. I removed a brown/beige plug but as a guy who posted just above I was unable to open the plug to fit the wires. Can anyone tell how to open the plug? Is there any tap to push or pull?

Thanks

Sorry for bumping and old thread. I wired up bi-xenon headlights using kufatec adapter set. I have a 2012 A3 with 3-plug BCM. I removed a brown/beige plug but as a guy who posted just above I was unable to open the plug to fit the wires. Can anyone tell how to open the plug? Is there any tap to push or pull?

Thanks
if i remember correctly it slided out to the side, there must be a tab somewhere

I have a new question guys. I wired up the headlights and headlight washers yesterday and got a problem with one of pins. I needed to connect a pin to the slot 40 of the plug B (a white 52 pole plug of BCM). The slot 40 is a tiny one but a pin on a harness provided by Kufatec is too large to fit there. Does anyone know a part number for a small pin terminal that can fit into the smallest hole of the BCM plug?

I have a new question guys. I wired up the headlights and headlight washers yesterday and got a problem with one of pins. I needed to connect a pin to the slot 40 of the plug B (a white 52 pole plug of BCM). The slot 40 is a tiny one but a pin on a harness provided by Kufatec is too large to fit there. Does anyone know a part number for a small pin terminal that can fit into the smallest hole of the BCM plug?

if i remember correctly, 3 went into he C housing, and one went on the A housing, (or 3 in the A and 1 in the C)
sorry for the inaccuracy, i did that in my previous car like 3 years ago, also it was super hard for me to find all the information :( so i dont have it here to help you

The headlights are sorted out. Wired up and coded. Everything seems to work, at least the right headlight. The left one will be fitted this week and I hope it works as well.