Is my car a facelift model?

Steve D

Reaction score
As above. It was built in Nov 16 and registered in Jan ‘17.
Also, it has the moving rear indicators and the headlamps are the best I’ve ever had in a car. Are they LED ones?
Thanks.

4805695D B478 41AF A0BA CCF2CFC9F234

Judging by the shape of the headlight I would say yes it is a FL. Can’t answer the question on the headlights with any authority but mine is a FL and it has LED headlights which are standard on an Australian spec S3.

Reactions: Steve D
Yup. Headlights are the FL design.
Sweeping indicators on the rear too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My S3 registered Nov 2016 and is facelift and has the LED headlights. They’re very good. LED was standard on facelift models but I’m not sure if that was just S3. Let me find my brochure....

EDIT: According to my brochure and judging by your photo, yours looks to be an A3 “black edition” which is the same specification as an S-line. So yep, LED headlights were standard on your model. As standard you would have had:

18” alloys
Black styling pack
Privacy glass
Black door mirrors
Audi sound system
Sport suspension
LED headlights with LED dynamic rear indicators
S-line body styling
Front sport seats with S logo
Aluminium inlays
LED interior light pack
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Illuminated door trims with S logo
Storage pack

That’s not an exhaustive list because the brochure says you get all the other stuff that the A3 Sport would have had, and the sport has all the stuff that the SE model has etc...you get the picture.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, it is a S Line black edition and I do have all those items. I tried on another site to decode the numbers in the book and it got most of them right but it did also say I had an electric front seat (which I don’t) as well as an 8 cylinder 4.2 litre engine. If only!

Haha that would’ve been a nice optional extra to find under the bonnet!

If you want to find out your options and standard equipment, best thing to do is download the “My Audi” app. Register your car and go through the process. Once done, there is a section in the app that shows your vehicle’s standard equipment and optional equipment.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yep, got that sorted and I have got LED lamps. Those headlamps are the best I’ve ever had on a car. Wow, the difference is certainly noticeable. :thumbs up:

Thanks. Yes, it is a S Line black edition and I do have all those items. I tried on another site to decode the numbers in the book and it got most of them right but it did also say I had an electric front seat (which I don’t) as well as an 8 cylinder 4.2 litre engine. If only!

Pretty sure the electric front seat will be the electric lumbar adjustment on it