Is My Girl Dying?

JGrant

Reaction score
hi guys i know i keep going on about dpf removal an remap, but now my car has a coil light flashing with the engine mangament light on also with th dpf light stuck on. i cant do anything until i get paid on wednesday so i have tried to research my self but i would like some kind advice on what my next step is? i was going to get a remap anyway but what figures am i expecting with a dpf? will i need to replace the filter if so or can it be cleaned, if i have it removed what figures am i expecting? im really stuck and in need of help lol i dont want my baby to die haha thanks in advance

hi guys i know i keep going on about dpf removal an remap, but now my car has a coil light flashing with the engine mangament light on also with th dpf light stuck on. i cant do anything until i get paid on wednesday so i have tried to research my self but i would like some kind advice on what my next step is? i was going to get a remap anyway but what figures am i expecting with a dpf? will i need to replace the filter if so or can it be cleaned, if i have it removed what figures am i expecting? im really stuck and in need of help lol i dont want my baby to die haha thanks in advance

In a nutshall, deletion of DPF (by hollowing it out), mapping out the DPF and a re-map can cost anything from £350.00 to £600.00. Worth getting done, but you'd need to take it to a friendly MOT man. As for re-map before/after figures search the forums, the question has been asked many a time before.

Reactions: JGrant
You don't need to take it to a friendly MOT man at all. As long as the remap is done well there is absolutely no reason why you should have any issues as long as the existing DPF can is in place.
My remapped 3.0 TDI , remapped DPF gutted car passed it's MOT recently on the smoke test fast pass with a lower reading than the wifes 2005 Toyota Yaris 1.4D. Neither has a DPF.
If your anywhere near Stockport I can strongly recommend Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments. Top man.
As for what your car might make, would help if you quoted the engine spec, size etc.

Karl.

Dpf isnt a emissionstest its justvisual inspection if its still there physically then you are all good to pass had it done on my mates 330d 231bhp
Did egr delete dpf delete custom exhaust sytstem decat with dpf casing still in place pipercross panel filter and stage 2 remap 303bhp too much torque for rear wheels lol

You don't need to take it to a friendly MOT man at all. As long as the remap is done well there is absolutely no reason why you should have any issues as long as the existing DPF can is in place.
My remapped 3.0 TDI , remapped DPF gutted car passed it's MOT recently on the smoke test fast pass with a lower reading than the wifes 2005 Toyota Yaris 1.4D. Neither has a DPF.
If your anywhere near Stockport I can strongly recommend Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments. Top man.
As for what your car might make, would help if you quoted the engine spec, size etc.

Karl.
cheers for the advice guys... Karl my car is the a3 2.0 tdi Fwd 170 57 plate, I have got it booked it in with a garage by me that has some good reviews off my friends , What would the best thing to do next like in terms of getting speed upgrading injectors? How do I get a better air flow?

Josh.

Thats why Audi only do the 3.0 TDI with Quattro, can't imagine what a 300bhp RWD diesel would be like in the wet.

The major limitation is usually the turbo, The injectors are probably at a guess good for 240- 250bhp. The problem is when you change the turbo the extra torque will go past what the standard clutch is happy with.Also you need to look at upgrading brakes and intercooler as well.
In a FWD car something like 240-250bhp would make if fairly rapid and still driveable.