Is my s3 8l mapped (New 3rd log included)

Gizmo20VT

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New post, i would just like to get input from fellow k04 owners if my car is mapped.

I have logged my airflow (003) and boost (115), peaks at 19 psi or so, and then drops off to around 15-16.

Logs-1.jpg

Thanks

Please note the wastegate was reset to 5 psi. till redline.

Last edited:
If you are getting 19psi then its mapped... however your airflow is low... should be 180 ish std and 200ish mapped as a rule of thumb...

<tuffty/>

Thats what is concerning me as well, I have stock box with BMC drop in filter... Suspect the airflow sensor could perhaps be faulty?

Is it possible to reset the map to stock?

Your log only shows 1.1 bar of boost for a very short time.

However it seems you've logged what looks like a 1st then 2nd gear pull which makes it a little difficult to see whats going on.

Ideally you want to start logging in 3rd gear at 2000rpm, and pull thru to 6k or so. That way you have a run thats long enough to see what the engines doing over the RPM range.

That said, i wouldnt have thaught you would be seeing those boost figures on a stock map, which indicates that it is mapped, and its quite likely that the air flow meter is faulty.

Thats what is concerning me as well, I have stock box with BMC drop in filter... Suspect the airflow sensor could perhaps be faulty?

Is it possible to reset the map to stock?

Airflow like that suggests the MAF sensor... although looking at the load its not reaching full load at any point... you did do the logging runs at full throttle?

<tuffty/>

tuffty, throttle opening is column J, but look at the time stamps, the whole thing is over too quickly as its been done in too low a gear.

I Have lunch in 30 minutes, I can relog a 3rd WOT again if you would like?

Any additional groups that i should log?

you hit full throttle at 3k at 1.6secs in, and hit the redline at 5.04...

Maybe i'm wrong, but i really dont think a stage 1 S3 can pull thru third gear in 3.5 seconds...

Theres also quite clearly a gearchange at 5.0-5.9secs and you go full throttle again afterwards...

I will relog sir :D and post a reply after lunch. should be within the next 60 minutes....

I Have lunch in 30 minutes, I can relog a 3rd WOT again if you would like?

Any additional groups that i should log?

That might be useful, get it into 3rd gear, steady state cruise at 2krpm, start logging, full throttle through third, then lift off and stop logging.

tuffty can probably advise on other things to log, but bear in mind that the more you log the worse the sample rate gets!

Did a log quick, 3rd WOT, group 003 group 115 group 118 Airflow g/s still seem low for boost levels?

logs3.jpg

requested boost is a "little" more than std would be..
so chances are there's something on it.. but very tame, and your g/s is low for that boost

So try out another MAF and relog? Would a faulty airflow sensor effect boost request?

Not really, boost request is a function of requested torque (ie throttle position) and engine rpm with some corrections for things like air temperature and ignition timing.

New MAF time!

So need to find a tuner in SA and perhaps try revert it back to stock... Peace of mind

Will be testing with another MAF tonight, but the fact that it drops to 16 PSI is pretty bad, had a run with my mate a3 with k04-023 conversion, running 18 psi right thru and he killed me by like LAMPOLES :eiertritt: Also I dont know what Mapping is on the car, previous owner didnt even know it had some kind of software...

Have done boost leak test twice.

Would like to run unitronic, and would get support as well if i should add WMI, FMIC and so on.

Gizmo, I'm also in ZA man, give Will a call, he's very highly respected and gives great advice. Sure, PE is kak far, but he does travel every now and then (he's offered to remap my S in Cape Town), so he obviously has places he can go to get the work done.
He's also not just someone that's going to remap you car in a parking lot and walk away, he tunes cars the old fashioned way so you'll see exactly what's up.

He's on the carforums.co.za forum, handle is 6potpig.

JB