Is that tumbleweed......?

rodenal

Reaction score
Wow i guess no1 on here has an A2, or if they do then they dont have much to say about it.

Not surprised, i dont much like them lol

:undwech:

Yeah but the few people who have a q7 prob have servants to scoure the net for em, no need to talk to the common folk.

I've got a good one, blow em all up!

Although maybe some1 beat me to it......

A2 is the only audi on the ugliest cars in britain website. they said it was a pile of recycled vimto cans moulded around a roman bathing machine. Bit harsh really because if you really do need a pint sized people carrier its a dam site better looking than a suzuki wagon R !!!!!

They should re-launch it as a VW to be perfectly honest- would fit better in the VW stable. Oh except the aluminium-enabled production line is now busy churning out A8s and Q7s at a vast rate, both cars which are significantly more profitable than the A2 ever was!

I has an A2 as a courtesy car once, it drove all the way from bexley to bluewater, to docklands, back to bluewater then back to bexley and the fuel gauge didn't move at all! it was a 1.4 diesel.

But i was a bit surprised when I lifted the bonnet only to find it came right off in my hands...

I hate them but there nowhere near as those little Merc thingies..:puke:

I think they're pretty funky as a Doris's car.

Especially slammed with some decent wheels.

You've gotta be lovin that?!?!?!?

Was thinking of a tweaked one for the "doris" in fact, .......shoehorning a 1.8T in there!!
Wide bosy style like the espace F1 would look mad as a badger! !

I cannot remeber ever seing one on the road you know! if one fell over in a forest, would it make a sound.........!??!?! lol

I've seen plenty of these around in West London - as mentioned above, much preferable to the Merc A-classes, and hugely better than those spazzy Smarts, either the for2 or the risable for4s! Shame Audi hasn't stuck with making these sell properly, they're by all accounts very good cars and extremely economical to run if that floats your boat.

Audi-A2%20coupe.jpg

smitch said:
I think they're pretty funky as a Doris's car.

Especially slammed with some decent wheels.

You've gotta be lovin that?!?!?!?

I agree i think they're pretty cool

Vidum-AudiA202_724706.jpg

Just been looking on Autotrader at them, they seem to of held on to their value for quite some time, no cheap ones going, not even salvaged/repaired ones.

ITs a good car for a run around, its got more space in the back for the kids than the S3 has and is easier to get them into their seats.

with some versions having upto 80mpg return, and all the TDi ones being Congestion charge exempt and £35 tax it cant be a bad choice of motor.

Its looks are different, but it could be worse it might look like a 1-series.

On my second A2 and loving it.

I love the A2!
You'll struggle to find a better built 4 seater with as much storage space etc...and the 1.4 TDI is a cracker...good to drive, swift enough...and a bit funky.
As said above, much more space than an A3, more practical and 60+ MPG.

Good stuff...just too expensive to produce I suppose....hence they dropped it.

The A2's problem is that it's too expensive to fit into its market.

saying that. What is it.? a supermini ? a hatchback? a small mpv? a skip?

All of which have something far better suited to someones needs.

the a2 sucks.

Mate of mine had one, I was amazed by the legroom in the rear. For such a small car it had more rear legroom than my b5 A4. The build quality was solid - the same can't be said for the A-class especially - some of the body panels felt as if they're plastic.

I didn't like the A2's front styling but it looked great with the OEM bodykit and that colour keyed rear spoiler.

rodenal said:
Wow i guess no1 on here has an A2, or if they do then they dont have much to say about it.

It looks like you've created a thread so that people have much to say about the A2. :)

I wouldn't...Sam K had decreed, in his short time since mummy and daddy was wiping his ****, that they suck.
I'll wager without ever being in one...never mind ever buying and living with one.

I like them...far more individual than a basic spec A3...and more practical too.

Yep and the chipped TDis are quite nippy as well.

Although I really want a 1.2 version and 80mpg for the sensible part of me.......make me feel better about the other 6 days a week :D

I had one of these as a loan (1.4tdi), drove it from Bexley to Gravesend, to docklands and then home to Meopham, then back to bexley and the fuel gauge had not moved at all, didn't put any fuel in it when I returned it!

I have to admit I have been in one a fair few times and it is surprisingly spacious for such a small looking car,next time any of you drive one put both the front windows down and see how long you can drive over fifty without your ears bleeding.

The A2 is clever, innovative and imaginative. Everything that the hideous pile of metal monstrosity that calls itself the Q7 is not. Audi should be ashamed of itself for not having the balls to bring out a second-series A2.

voorhees said:
next time any of you drive one put both the front windows down and see how long you can drive over fifty without your ears bleeding.

My mates mum has one , and he borrowed it, it has a minging blue interior. but thats beside the point!

we got to about 60 and couldn't stand the windows open.. !:wacko:

(Old post i know)

Yeah above about 40mph you buffetting is bad, you need to put the rear window down about 1 inch and then its back to being a normal car. Don't really know why its so bad, but is it because it has a very low drag coeficiency and the air flow gets disrupted?

Had a A2 1.4 D as a loan for the A3 once and took it fishing for the weekend. Quite a nice little motor and it swallowed all the fishing gear a damn site easier than the A3 does.

A secluded lake, big carp, foxes and bunnies, owls and badgers and a little A2

Chilled to the bone !

Made of aluminium so very light, high spec and doesn't tip over like the A class. So few built that at least you won't look like all the other drivers of small cars.
DSC02177.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

audi_space_frame1s.jpg

004.jpg

Yeah the pic shows our car on 55.5 mpg on average and my wife uses it for a 4 miles trip each day to work only, so to return 55mpg from short trips is very good. TBH is only goes up by around 7mpg on a run but it means i put in about £40 of diesel a month!!

The Golf cost £105 for six months in the summer as its a "dry day car". while the A2 costs £35 a year. So yeah i think more people will look to it as an alternative. TBH if you own your own big car and its not a company car i can't see how you can all afford to drive them. perhaps its just that most people are paid more than me!!

What made you choose the A2 Unkle? Do you like the look of them???

I don't know really, i think its a combination of things like with most car choices.

Would I like a beautifully balanced BMW? Yes
Could I afford to run it? No
Do I like the BMW image? No

You know the sort of thing. But when you buy a car from new for £15,000 and its as small as an A2 like we did, its not really to make a statement, especially when you think of the kind of secondhand cars you could get for the money.

It has cruise control all the normal things, sports suspension and sport seats etc. only weighs 900kg, £35 tax, 60mpg and never going to rust EVER. It is so light that you can throw the sport about a stupid amount. From that point of view i don't think i could get all that from any other car on the market.

To answer your other point is it good looking? No because the audi range are proportioned very well thats why i think the A3 looks so much better than the Golf. But getting back to the A2 A very well proportioned small compact car may not be entirely practical. The A2 is, for headroom in the back, leg room, seats 4 like a bigger car. very low Drag Co, boot space volume larger than the A3 and the economy and build quality of being built at the Neckelsulm factory. (Alluminium wing of audi).

So If it didn't have all these features, even with the Audi Badge, i wouldn't have bought it. But for me it is the combination of these features that made us invest in an A2.

The A1 looks good, but it’s a steel chassis polo and I doubt it will be as forward thinking even though it will be out 9 years after the A2, and may not also be as practical. But in a market based on visual impressions, I’m sure it will out sell the A2 easily…

The BHP is very low for the TDI

TDI is
75HP
or
90HP

A simple remap takes it over 100bhp and over 220nm of torque. The FSI is more complex to increase being petrol. It is also possible to fit fins and covers to the exhaust tunnel direct from audi to increase fuel economy. and improve airflow under the car. (very much forgotten part)

Parts sitting on my Golf before being fitted to the A2
PARTS.jpg

But its the power to weight which makes a car that weights 900kg to feel quick and obviously the torque I suppose. You are right its a love or hate thing and its not pretty. I like the lupo to i was thinking about a lupo as a second car and doing away with the MK1 Golf (about the size of a lupo)

Mercedes sold over 1 million of the A class compact, thankfully Audi only sold 175000 of these. So I like the fact that is not everwhere.

But i fully understand why people think its a dog of a car, and im not really a great defender of my car, but simply try to explain why i think i enjoy it

I don't know probably the skinny runt of the litter:yes: