Is the 1.8 tfsi worth remapping ?

Audicfc

Reaction score
Im thinking about remapping my 1.8 tfsi manual and just wondering how much of a difference i would notice and what numbers i should be able to achieve from a stage 1 remap as i have never had a remap before but feel like the car could do with a bit more power, ive had a look through the forums but dont see much about the 1.8 tfsi manual being remapped

i'd be interested to know, as i have the same car and have been contemplating it too.

i'd be interested to know, as i have the same car and have been contemplating it too.

How do you find the gear changes between 2nd to 3rd gear ? I find it very hard to go from 2nd to 3rd smoothly without getting a little jerk forward unless i am reving really high in 2nd gear before i change to 3rd gear, had a manual in the 1.4 tfsi 8p a3 and was really smooth in every gear

I’ve not really noticed tbh, but will pay attention and feedback.

Do you have drive select in your car ? If so try different drive modes.

Yes ive tried the different drive selects its just the same its just seems to like a bit more revs for a smoother 2nd to 3rd change, every other gear change is a lot smoother (no jerkyness when coming off clutch), its nothing major its just a little annoying more than anything as i thought a newer model a3 (2014) would have a slicker gearbox compared to a 2011 model

I also have looked at this. Mine is S tronic. SA Tuning quote 40 bhp and 110 Nm gains. Seem like decent amounts if achievable.

H

Hi, I have the MY16, manual and with ADS. Now he has 90,000kms and I made REVO Stage1 with 46,000kms. I am delighted, I leave the graph of what he gave before changing anything else. When I did the repro I only had a replacement K&N filter.
Now I have put the VWR600 admission, sleeve and entrance elbow to the turbo and turbo muffler delete.

If you take the K&N filter to carry the R600, I do not exaggerate if I tell you that it should have won as 10bhp, it shows a lot more. Now the serial discharge valve sounds and the car pushes like a demon. With all the changes, the lag when accelerating is almost zero!

Attachments

• audi_a3_8V_1.8tsi_stage 1_revo.png
    audi_a3_8V_1.8tsi_stage 1_revo.png
    26 KB · Views: 129
Im thinking about remapping my 1.8 tfsi manual and just wondering how much of a difference i would notice and what numbers i should be able to achieve from a stage 1 remap as i have never had a remap before but feel like the car could do with a bit more power, ive had a look through the forums but dont see much about the 1.8 tfsi manual being remapped
definately do it ... you will gain 230 bhp and in efficiency you should gain more mileage too get mixed remap eco+performance
this car is tuned https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...tion=at_cars&fuel-type=Petrol&model=A3&page=1

Last edited: