Facelift Is the S3 facelift worth it?

The word "should" just indicates that your expections don't match reality. Sometimes you can't easily change reality, so the only other real option is to change your expections. As someone else said above, maybe an Audi is just not for you. :)
The reality is, as I mentioned below your quote of my post, technology has moved on faster than Audi can keep up with. I know the S3 isn't for me, but not because of the tech.

I guess a good question would be if the S3 is not for you why post in an S3 section ?

VC seems like good tech ?

Not my cup of tea but definitely recent tech

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Simon L and 1 other person
At the end of the day some peeps (and I'm not necessarily suggesting 4k is one of them) will never be satisfied with anything. Just glad I'm not wired that way!! lol
I think given how much we pay for these cars (and I think I pay a lot less than others given some of the PCP threads), some expectations from people here are dismally low, but perhaps some just enjoy lining car manufacturers pockets with interest and given a fairly mediocre product.

I guess a good question would be if the S3 is not for you why post in an S3 section ?

VC seems like good tech ?

Not my cup of tea but definitely recent tech
I own an S3 pal. I'm allowed to voice my opinion, this is a forum after all. Problem?

I think given how much we pay for these cars (and I think I pay a lot less than others given some of the PCP threads), some expectations from people here are dismally low, but perhaps some just enjoy lining car manufacturers pockets with interest and given a fairly mediocre product.

Seeing as I chucked £35k of my kids inheritance into mine I think not....................but as you say you're entitled to your opinion ;)

As has been said many times before Audi is a mass produced car, Friday afternoon 'specials' occur with all manufacturers. If you begrudge having your expectations dashed you can always go for a cheap 'smack-about' next??

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and 2 others

I get some of what your feeling @4K you don't have much love for your S3 ditto,but most folks on here "not all" do and you can't hold that against them.... and confrontation with other members doesn't help anyone, as you say you don't have a high monthly which means you'll soon be able to change cars if you desire, there's nothing worse paying for something you don't really like or enjoy be patient then move on to something else

Reactions: Frazer Doe, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
Here you go 'buddy'

Your own words.

Lala land :)

Go have a drink, or maybe that's the issue !

Cherrio
I'm still failing to see what your point is? Perhaps I've upset you and your beloved car by stating it's actually overpriced and woefully inadequate.

Yep, I said the car isn't for me, but not because of the tech. And? That means I'm not entitled to comment on what I own?

Get a grip please, no one is forcing you to read and reply to my comments. Clearly you have an insecurity problem.

I get some of what your feeling @4K you don't have much love for your S3 ditto,but most folks on here "not all" do and you can't hold that against them.... and confrontation with other members doesn't help anyone, as you say you don't have a high monthly which means you'll soon be able to change cars if you desire, there's nothing worse paying for something you don't really like or enjoy be patient then move on to something else
Perfectly understand that jassy. Not asking anyone to do anything about it, or for their opinion either, I'm just stating mine :) Not my problem others don't agree with it, and I certainly am not forcing anyone to reply either. There seems to be some pent up insecurities it seems.

My main point was, and is, other manufacturers are way ahead of the curve, and niggles from a few years ago, should have been rectified before. These are my personal anecdotes from having owned one.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Seeing as I chucked £35k of my kids inheritance into mine I think not....................but as you say you're entitled to your opinion ;)

As has been said many times before Audi is a mass produced car, Friday afternoon 'specials' occur with all manufacturers. If you begrudge having your expectations dashed you can always go for a cheap 'smack-about' next??
Perhaps I will. That would actually make having rattles and coolant issues acceptable given the difference in price I'd be paying ;)

Perfectly understand that jassy. Not asking anyone to do anything about it, or for their opinion either, I'm just stating mine :) Not my problem others don't agree with it, and I certainly am not forcing anyone to reply either. There seems to be some pent up insecurities it seems.

My main point was, and is, other manufacturers are way ahead of the curve, and niggles from a few years ago, should have been rectified before. These are my personal anecdotes from having owned one.

Just remember, as @jassyo06 ssid, people on here do like there cars. Plus, it's a forum, discussion platform. If you post something people will comment on it. As you say, you are entitled to your opinion, would be a boring place if everyone had the same taste, but don't be overly concerned when some one takes umbrage to what you have said. It works both ways, you don't have to read what they say in response.

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Bristle Hound and 4 others

I think different people have different requirements and expectations, and some cars meet those better than others. Curious to know what's your ideal car, and what you think is comparable in size and price to an S3, but better all-round?

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
I think different people have different requirements and expectations, and some cars meet those better than others. Curious to know what's your ideal car, and what you think is comparable in size and price to an S3, but better all-round?
Sure, I'll be happy to tell you. Will message you in a moment.

Just remember, as @jassyo06 ssid, people on here do like there cars. Plus, it's a forum, discussion platform. If you post something people will comment on it. As you say, you are entitled to your opinion, would be a boring place if everyone had the same taste, but don't be overly concerned when some one takes umbrage to what you have said. It works both ways, you don't have to read what they say in response.
No problem with that, but it's the way it's responded to, and you can easily tell when someones rattled by their passive aggressive response. I'm just giving factual anecdotal evidence from my own experiences.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scottyg

If you felt other manufacturers were way ahead of the curve it does kinda beg the question why did you buy an Audi? It does rather come across that you've had considerable issues with yours and that has somewhat tainted your judgment. If that's the case I get it completely. If mine had played up from day 1 I'd have got shot of it without a minutes hesitation.

My biggest issue though is that you seem to think members on here are Audi's pimps because we own one. If there was anything better out there I'd be all over it but for me there isn't. I still believe Audi make a lot of the best cars on the road :)

Reactions: pburv, Koomerang, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
If you felt other manufacturers were way ahead of the curve it does kinda beg the question why did you buy an Audi? It does rather come across that you've had considerable issues with yours and that has somewhat tainted your judgment. If that's the case I get it completely. If mine had played up from day 1 I'd have got shot of it without a minutes hesitation.

My biggest issue though is that you seem to think members on here are Audi's pimps because we own one. If there was anything better out there I'd be all over it but for me there isn't. I still believe Audi make a lot of the best cars on the road :)

I didn't at the time. A lot has changed since I bought mine over a year ago. Furthermore, you only get so much perspective from test drives. I have had issues with mine yup, similar to what I believe veeeight has mentioned in the past, so no need to repeat. In terms of 'better', I think you need to be more specific. In terms of criteria, it will depend what you look for. Everyone has different criteria.

For me, I don't give two hoots about adaptive cruise, auto dipped beams etc. I do however prioritise a good ride, four wheel drive preferable, and it to be a comfortable, enjoyable experience. The latter, I know, not suspect, you can get elsewhere, even in cheaper cars. :) Happy to talk further privately if you wish, don't want to push this thread out of the original scope any further because of WarwickL's comments.

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L
Someone put out the fire. I'm not the biggest Audi fan but the 'All round package' on offer is probably the best.
I would say apart from interiors there are better cars in pretty much every other aspect but the A3/S3 covers more bases in one package.
I guess for the money, I'm a little disappointed with the long term build quality (yes the materials are nice) and Audi love you till you sign on the dotted line, but I'am in the process of changing.

Don't make it a bad car, just not for me. Plenty will like it though

Reactions: WarwickL, pburv, 4K and 3 others
I didn't at the time. A lot has changed since I bought mine over a year ago. Furthermore, you only get so much perspective from test drives. I have had issues with mine yup, similar to what I believe veeeight has mentioned in the past, so no need to repeat. In terms of 'better', I think you need to be more specific. In terms of criteria, it will depend what you look for. Everyone has different criteria.

For me, I don't give two hoots about adaptive cruise, auto dipped beams etc. I do however prioritise a good ride, four wheel drive preferable, and it to be a comfortable, enjoyable experience. The latter, I know, not suspect, you can get elsewhere, even in cheaper cars. :) Happy to talk further privately if you wish, don't want to push this thread out of the original scope any further because of WarwickL's comments.

@4K I remember you waiting on your car last year....you where like a giddy young school boy....in class waiting on a teacher ye fancied....like a lot on here at the moment may l add...lol,l for one aint into gizzmo's as such apple Carplay/Android Auto....fancy screen saver...etc l am more into how a car looks sounds and most importantly handles,my expectations of the S3 where high indeed......but hey **** happens....it was my first Audi...l still like the looks of it and l am very proud of it,but ye know what l am stuck with it til whenever my next car is released...its not a death sentence but....we live and learn...

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Simon L, TDI-line and 2 others
Someone put out the fire. I'm not the biggest Audi fan but the 'All round package' on offer is probably the best.
I would say apart from interiors there are better cars in pretty much every other aspect but the A3/S3 covers more bases in one package.
I guess for the money, I'm a little disappointed with the long term build quality (yes the materials are nice) and Audi love you till you sign on the dotted line, but I'am in the process of changing.

Don't make it a bad car, just not for me. Plenty will like it though

So M2...in Miami Vice Blue whats the update Tubbs...lol

Reactions: Simon L

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WarwickL, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
The reality is, as I mentioned below your quote of my post, technology has moved on faster than Audi can keep up with. I know the S3 isn't for me, but not because of the tech.

What next 4K?
You used to be a staunch supporter of the S3, just wondering what now floats your boat and why.
No need to PM, the explanation will help provide context to your posts within this thread.

Personally I looked at the 135i and amg a45 event the golf r and none of them had the same level of tech as the audi.

Reactions: pburv