Is there really anyone or anything out there....

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well i've been in a bit of a pensive mode over the last few days and kinda been thinking about that age old question , is there really anyone or anything out there and just cant decide, is it all nonsense or a well thought out plan ages old.

I am what could be described as a mild atheist even though i was brought up a Methodist , some times after reading the news and similar and seeing whats happening around us all i think i should go to the highest mountain possible and just shout out " is there anyone listening and why are you doing nothing" .

Are we all just one big experiment for another life form , are we really alone in the universe.......cant help thinking we are not but who really knows, if a supreme being is watching over us then it would be nice if they could help sort out the world sooner than later, i wont hold my breath for a miracle as i don't believe in them as such but just a sign would be good.

Have a good one

rob

It's a good job i did not use my mobile or the whole thread would have been incorrect......
Thanks for the note, not sure it was the most polite way though.

rob

IF there is a god, he has a ******* warped sense of humour. Surely, if as it says in the big fairy story.....sorry I meant bible.........god loves us above all else, he wouldnt let all the bad **** that happens happen. And if there is a god, I don't need the story rammed down my throat every Sunday by bible bashing twats knocking on my door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959 and Charlie Farley
Agreed, but sometimes things just don't add up.
All lot of things in our world just cant be explained , i'm not saying God is behind them , he maybe but not in my opinion but I just cant help thinking other forces are at work and not allways for the better.
Humans are effectively the supreme beings on earth and just look at how we are killing the planet, all other forms of animal life and ourselves.......is that really how things should be, i don't think it is, maybe if there is a higher life form watching over us its seen the mess we are making and decided to let us just destroy ourselves ......

Reactions: Phil Angel
Someone once said. If it's just us, then it's a hell of a waste of space! There are an estimated 100 billion galaxies and even if only 1% had life that is a lot of life...

Bacteria yes, intelligent life unlikely imho and even if it is out there may as well not exist given millions of light years away at least. It has taken us 5bn years to get to this stage after all ...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost
There has to be intelligent life out there. 100 billion galaxies, with at least 100 billion stars in each galaxy.......that is a lot of chances for life, in whatever form evolves, to occur. It would be really sad if we were the only beings in the whole universe.

Humans are isolated from the food chain, destroying the planet, eating up resources, genetically modifying food, inadvertently creating diseases etc etc. In just a few decades time, this planet will be uninhabitable for humans, so we'll jettison our DNA off into space to populate another planet...which is how we came to be here in the first place..........