Is this a good lease deal?

bcfcjacko

Reaction score
Hi guys
I’ve recently ordered a new A3 S Line Hybrid on lease, but having looked into the figures a bit more, I’m concerned now that this isn’t really a good deal as first appeared.

3 year lease
5k miles
£239 per month with £2151 downpayment
Total month cost (before servicing etc) £292

I’ve had a check on auto trader and there’s currently a few new for £31,000. Meaning that my total lease over 3 years will cost me 33% of that? Is anyone who is more clued up on leasing able to confirm what I’m thinking? I’m still within my cooling off period, so can cancel (albeit losing my £100 processing fee)

Appreciate any help!

That looks like a 9+36 lease deal. Without knowing what engine it's running it's hard to say. If it's the 40TFSIe then I would say it's a decent price. However if it's a 30TFSI S Line MHEV, then I would say it's a little on the expensive side. Sometimes dealers / leasers have really good deals, but it's mainly right place and right time you require the car. Maybe due to lockdown they had some cracking deals. For comparison, the lease I got on my A3 30TFSI Sport DSG MHEV with C&S is £218 with £1308 downfor 24 months, that's the same lease price I paid 4 years prior for a Seat Ibiza Mk5 on the same 6+24 lease deal.

That looks like a 9+36 lease deal. Without knowing what engine it's running it's hard to say. If it's the 40TFSIe then I would say it's a decent price. However if it's a 30TFSI S Line MHEV, then I would say it's a little on the expensive side. Sometimes dealers / leasers have really good deals, but it's mainly right place and right time you require the car. Maybe due to lockdown they had some cracking deals. For comparison, the lease I got on my A3 30TFSI Sport DSG MHEV with C&S is £218 with £1308 downfor 24 months, that's the same lease price I paid 4 years prior for a Seat Ibiza Mk5 on the same 6+24 lease deal.
Yeah that is 9+35, should have said! It is also the 40 TFSI e S Line S Tronic. On leasing.com, it is the cheapest through ZenAuto by about £2k overall compared to the other companies, so I guess it’s atleast a good deal in that regard

Yeah that is 9+35, should have said! It is also the 40 TFSI e S Line S Tronic. On leasing.com, it is the cheapest through ZenAuto by about £2k overall compared to the other companies, so I guess it’s atleast a good deal in that regard
Me personally, and especially if you have somewhere free to charge it (ahem, at the supermarkets) then you would save on fuel as well, especially if you only do short journies of less than 20 miles at a time. Even on longer journies you might benefit too (to a lesser extent) If you downgrade (no cost) to the 17 inch tyres, you would get even more electric range!

Also for leasing, if you're happy with what you pay for the 2-3 years, do not wory about depreciation, you get a brand new car that would always be 'under warranty'. Although you might have heard about some electronic gremlins on these A3s. At least for me, on a lease, I put a 'small' deposit, compare to buying on PCP/PCH. Such a small deposit for me, and having a brand new car everytime is worth it for me, and I don't worry about depreciation or if something goes wrong with the car

Last edited:
Me personally, and especially if you have somewhere free to charge it (ahem, at the supermarkets) then you would save on fuel as well, especially if you only do short journies of less than 20 miles at a time. Even on longer journies you might benefit too (to a lesser extent) If you downgrade (no cost) to the 17 inch tyres, you would get even more electric range!

Also for leasing, if you're happy with what you pay for the 2-3 years, do not wory about depreciation, you get a brand new car that would always be 'under warranty'. Although you might have heard about some electronic gremlins on these A3s. At least for me, on a lease, I put a 'small' deposit, compare to buying on PCP/PCH. Such a small deposit for me, and having a brand new car everytime is worth it for me, and I don't worry about depreciation or if something goes wrong with the car
I believe you get around 40 miles when it is fully charged, so I’ve worked out that I will rarely have to add fuel unless I’m going on a one off longer journey, so I guess that’s a saving you don’t really take in to account when working out costs. We also have an outside plug already installed, although will be hard to gauge how much a full charge will cost me until I notice a different in monthly bill

I recently ordered an A3 Vorsprung lease directly via ACVM including maintenance and the monthly was ~£20 cheaper than what I could find anywhere else, even without maintenance. Drop me a DM if you want any details for who I was speaking to etc.

Reactions: NevMan