Is this anyone's car/anyone know this car?

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
Nice. But you really do want the sports exhaust. They carry quite a premium but you'll get that back at resale. And in between you get to hear that glorious engine so much better.

Nice. But you really do want the sports exhaust. They carry quite a premium but you'll get that back at resale. And in between you get to hear that glorious engine so much better.
I do really want the sports exhaust but was really looking to spend £35k at most - I assume prices should go down a little bit more in the next year with facelifts hitting the market. I've only had my golf R for 7 months but that rs3 exhaust note is pulling me in.....it's like a drug addiction Maybe I'll look to swap into a 16 plate nardo with sports exhaust and adaptive cruise control (this seems a very rare option on the rs3, I don't think I could go without it after having it on my 2 previous cars though!)

Reactions: Joe4842
I do really want the sports exhaust but was really looking to spend £35k at most - I assume prices should go down a little bit more in the next year with facelifts hitting the market. I've only had my golf R for 7 months but that rs3 exhaust note is pulling me in.....it's like a drug addiction Maybe I'll look to swap into a 16 plate nardo with sports exhaust and adaptive cruise control (this seems a very rare option on the rs3, I don't think I could go without it after having it on my 2 previous cars though!)
I had a Golf R previously. Loved it. But the engine in the RS3 is in a completely different league. Just make sure you get the sports exhaust. Have you not been out in one?

Reactions: AudiNutta and Radman
I had a Golf R previously. Loved it. But the engine in the RS3 is in a completely different league. Just make sure you get the sports exhaust. Have you not been out in one?

I'm hoping to this week :)

I'm hoping to this week :)

So this week your financial goalposts will change, next you will be in a Nardo car with a sports exhaust ;)

It is an amazing car, the noise can't be beaten. On holidays at the moment and I've heard one going back and forth yesterday, heavenly :D

Reactions: Terminator x
I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701251649353

Considering the above. Looks like good spec, I'd like the sports exhaust and nardo but I can't have it all.

I'd be curious as to how many owners it has had. I've asked the question but not had any response.

Just had a good look at that listing, the car has Magnetic Ride.. I thought you could only get it as a package in the U.K. @D0C ? Far as I knew the Mag Ride and Sports Exhaust was a combined option, wasn't available either or?

Just had a good look at that listing, the car has Magnetic Ride.. I thought you could only get it as a package in the U.K. @D0C ? Far as I knew the Mag Ride and Sports Exhaust was a combined option, wasn't available either or?
No, you could spec mag ride. But if you had the sports exhaust you had to have mag ride. In summary, a car that has mag ride does not necessarily have the sports exhaust.

No, you could spec mag ride. But if you had the sports exhaust you had to have mag ride. In summary, a car that has mag ride does not necessarily have the sports exhaust.

Oh right, I'm sure I had seen that elsewhere so thought I'd ask to confirm. I don't understand why people don't spec the exhausts, it's the first thing to tick.

Not my advert but mine is available next month.
Nardo with dynamic pack
7k miles

Attachments

• IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1165.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1166.JPG
    IMG_1166.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: mrbubba
Stupid question, but what is nardo?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Stupid question, but what is nardo?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It is the primer coloured paint option........ :greyrs4:

Reactions: Evotion, Joe4842 and AudiNutta
Yes ordered FL, delivery due September. Love the opinions on the Colour Nardo lol. It's such a personal thing hence why different colours are available hehe.
Since I've had it I have to say. I've had nothing but positive comments about the colour. I still think it's great. The only reason I've gone blue this time is so it's looks like I've got a different car.

Reactions: Joe4842
Yes ordered FL, delivery due September. Love the opinions on the Colour Nardo lol. It's such a personal thing hence why different colours are available hehe.
Since I've had it I have to say. I've had nothing but positive comments about the colour. I still think it's great. The only reason I've gone blue this time is so it's looks like I've got a different car.

Nice to hear, jealous of all you getting your cars long before me.

I was almost ready to pick Nardo, when I didn't think Exclusive was possible but I chickened out because I want this car to be a long term car. It's a great colour and is bold, makes the car stand out most IMO.

I assume that's Ara blue you've gone for and not Exclusive? I've gone for Racing Blue Mica.

Still waiting for news of the first facelift on our tarmac so I can go see it ;) haha! Hoping to get to see one in August when they first arrive. Terms of my deal with the salesman was to have an extended test drive when the car is available for a day, wooohooo :D

Reactions: LuckyLee
Yes Ara Blue.

Yes be great when the reviews start coming in from U.K. based Drivers.
Especially those going fro PFL to FL to hear what opinions on the difference are.

Yes Ara Blue.

Yes be great when the reviews start coming in from U.K. based Drivers.
Especially those going fro PFL to FL to hear what opinions on the difference are.

Keep us updated when it comes closer to you having it.

I'm interested to hear why you swapped as imho not much different between the PFL and FL?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman
I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701251649353

Considering the above. Looks like good spec, I'd like the sports exhaust and nardo but I can't have it all.

I'd be curious as to how many owners it has had. I've asked the question but not had any response.

With it being one of the early Cars (15 Plate) worth checking the History as quite a lot of the Dealer Demo And Press Cars had similar spec and although you still have Manufactures Warranty Press Cars can be awkward to move come re-sale time

I'm interested to hear why you swapped as imho not much different between the PFL and FL?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Your right not much difference.
I'm a fan of the new look front end & of the VC.
The small hike in power and slight weight loss I'd imagine most will not notice. Unless your throwing it hard around the track. Only time will tell :yahoo:

As you can imagine I'm losing a fair chunk of money to change. The only reason is I've got a work share plan about to mature so thought why not.

I've specced this one a lot higher with the view of possiblely keeping it .......... (until they introduce a plus 400bhp which will probably end up seducing me out of my hard earned cash lol).

Reactions: dunes7 and Terminator x
So I've just finished my test drive of the rs3. It had dynamic package so had the sports exhaust. It sounded very good from the outside, but from the inside, even with the windows open, it sounded quite quiet - I assume with miltek secondary cat deletes it opens it up quite a lot? I actually felt quite underwhelmed in all honesty. The front end felt quite lazy compared to my R, and I can actually hear my golf more inside the car than the Audi. I assume it has more sound deadening?

I also felt the dash and door card materials were on a par with each other in the Audi and the R, but I honestly felt as if the centre console area was made with cheaper finishes and materials - it would probably feel nicer with the extended leather interior package which I'd definitely want and I'd wait for one to come up with that spec used. I felt the seats were better in the Audi (super sports seats do look the part!)

Audi have offered me £24k part ex on my golf r - the car was up at £36,750 so it was going to cost me £12k to change. I paid £32750 for my R brand new 7 months ago, so to lose that much on it within a few months is insulting. It wouldn't have been so bad if I'd ordered a bog spec R for £27k rather than spending £5-6k on it with the options. Saying that, my friend has exactly the same car as me with a 5 year warranty on it, he's just managed to sell it on with 30k on it and at 2 years old (so 3 years full warranty remaining) for £23k private sale. So to offer me that much on a car 18 months newer, with an extra 18 months warranty remaining on it is insulting to say the least.

I think I'm going to be sensible on this one and as much as I want the road presence of an RS model car, I just can't part with that much money for what I'd consider a smallish step up in performance.

I've read reviews on the facelift, and it seems we're getting a lot more for the money in them in terms of spec - sat nav high and VC is free, BO is cheaper etc etc. And with the extra spec it is going to make finding a used facelift a lot easier come the time. it seems the Quattro update with being able to send 100% power to the rear is going to improve the dynamics of the car a lot, and with an engine 26kg lighter I'm sure it'll address the laziness qualm I felt on the test drive. I'm hoping in 2 years time I'll be able to pick up a facelift for roughly the same prices as today and it'll feel a bit more of an update with the extra power as well.

That's fair enough waiting for another couple of years and getting a secondhand FL, but bear in mind by then they'll maybe be a new RS3 on the cards!

As for the sound, when I first got mine I thought it would be louder. But get the windows down and you can hear just how loud it is...it's crazy.

Reactions: Terminator x
That's fair enough waiting for another couple of years and getting a secondhand FL, but bear in mind by then they'll maybe be a new RS3 on the cards!

As for the sound, when I first got mine I thought it would be louder. But get the windows down and you can hear just how loud it is...it's crazy.

I struggle to think what else they could do to improve it and how technology is going to improve in the future in cars, what do we thinks on the cards for future tech?

I struggle to think what else they could do to improve it and how technology is going to improve in the future in cars, what do we thinks on the cards for future tech?
They'll always improve! The next RS3 could have 450-500bhp, the interior is now some way behind the latest top Audi interiors so could be improved. And the handling on the FL is still supposed to be a bit numb and not as fun as some rivals.

They'll always improve! The next RS3 could have 450-500bhp, the interior is now some way behind the latest top Audi interiors so could be improved. And the handling on the FL is still supposed to be a bit numb and not as fun as some rivals.

Haven't top audi's always had the better interiors and they get passed down to the a3 eventually? Won't that always be the case? I'm not sure it's the first Audi I've owned. I almost bought a TTRS before I bought the R, but the tech was dated; no MMI, no Bluetooth for music!