Is this Audi A6 2.0 TDI S Line Special Edition worth it? 40k Mileage Reg. 2010 White, CAT D £8k

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Hi guys and hope you all had a wonderful weekend :)

As the title suggests I like to know what do you guys think about this stunning looking Audi A6 or not really?

The link is here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-AUDI-A6-S-LINE-SPECIAL-EDITION-TDI-WHITE-170BHP-/152425544604?cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu&bu=43816593409&euid=763f21e47d814571b47814fbab3b40b0&nma=true&si=VqG8xfSaPOkcLW2Q3z0Kb%2FN%2BSe4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

S Line Special Edition
40k Mileage
White
DRL
2 Owners - Last owner for 2 years
No service book (but would it matter as it has only covered 40k) how easy would it be to clock these down?
CAT-D (impacted driver's door and wing)

Please note it's a CAT D, otherwise it wouldn't be at this price, specially in WHITE colour!!!

I would appreciate any opinions and would you buy it if it was for yourselves!

Cheers

Last edited:
Cat D is nothing to worry about, you have a front-end smash on an A6 and the cost of new replacement parts + labour will easy write-off most C6's, if the job is done by a professional bodyshop.

Milage is the biggest issue, looking at it's past MOST it looks legitimate, however after 40K miles the drivers seat should be in better condition that than that, that seat looks more like 60/70K miles.

Is it worth it, well if the repair was done correctly then yes it is even if it's also had a few miles wiped off the clock.

Reactions: Fanboy
Sorry my bad, it had 4 owners in total, so i be the 5th owner if I was to buy it :/

So could that seat be due to the no. of owners?

Cheers

Morning gents :)

I was talking to a colleague this morning and he told me all CAT-D cars should come with a certificate declaring the exact impacted components of the car! Wasn't totally aware of such thing...

The other thing is:- the seller claims he misplaced the service book last time he serviced the car... surely there must be away for him to get hold of another service book from Audi...?!? I was thinking whether that's possible or not? Is it even worth me mentioning this to the seller... but I believe the price wouldn't end £7,900 if he had the service book?!?! What do you think...

Could I possibly apply for a new service book from Audi and would they stamp the existing services in the new booklet by any chance... or isn't that possible?

Lastly if I do a full HPI check would the report contains any information in regards to the CAT-D and would it detail the date of the incident etc. ?

Thanks in advance, any help is really appreciated :)

Cheers

Your colleague is miss informed, you don't need any paperwork for a cat D and a cat C requires a VIC check.

You can get hold of the service book from Audi, for the services that were done there. They will charge you for this, and the book with have the words duplicate all over it. Don't think the service book would make much difference to the cost of the car.

HPI won't give you any information, other than the date recorded as a cat D.

Remember cat D is not serious damage, it's just going to cost more that what the insurance company is willing to pay out, usually around 60% of the value of the car. Also remember insurance company won't use second hand parts, so often smaller or private individuals can repair the cars a lot cheaper.

A VIC check is no longer needed for Cat C cars.

It seems good to go for it then...

Does this model have a DPF as well... or is that just for TDV models?

Also does any of the 2.0 TDIs same spec comes as Quatrro or not really... looking at Parkers doesn't seem there is one with 2.0

Cheers

Yes it will have a DPF as it is a common rail engine, no 2.0 TDI quattro at all on the 4F.

A Few alarm bells are ringing for about that car..

I'd want to know its history, 4 owners already after 40000miles seems strange to me..

Do more digging...

A Few alarm bells are ringing for about that car..

I'd want to know its history, 4 owners already after 40000miles seems strange to me..

Do more digging...

You're right mate

Half of me says go for it, the other half naaa really... at the end of the day it's just an A6 S Line 2.0 TDI... nothing special about it...
So I decided not to buy it unless I find a good reason for it

The seller been chasing me to make the deposit since last night! Don't get me wrong I'm not a time waster or such but I counted on that service book and invoices which I asked him prior to the sale and he confirmed he will find them... wasn't expecting to ignore them all in one go!

Anyways thanks for your help guys and as always really appreciate that...

Have a lovely day with your misses