Is this for real?

Mark_B_S3

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I am not interested in this but came across it while browsing fleabay. Never heard o this before and wondered if anyone else has. Can this really be done? I hope my mileage is genuine....

Morals disappeared moons ago....

Reactions: AlS3BE, Harvey and Charlie Farley
Many, many moons ago Nigel.

Reactions: AlS3BE and NHN
This along with mileage correction software out there is the worse things invented.
it’s always a worry buying a second hand car.
suppose it’s no different to the old school way of disconnecting the Speedo cable. It’s just needs to be smarter nowadays.
Surely mileage could be stored in many modules so these folk could be caught quite easily. Abs, gearbox, engine, sat nav etc could all hold mileage data so if you don’t clock it all you could be in a trouble trying to sell a clocked car.

There will always be a back door way to fiddle mileage on cars, commercial and bikes etc,
These sort of tools just use clever worded phrases in the marketing to allow useage albeit most will get misused to the detriment to future owners.
Service history coupled with mot history to verify mileage does help weed out a lot but it’s still an abused tool that shouldn’t be sold or if so it should not have the ability to permanently alter mileages.

This along with mileage correction software out there is the worse things invented.
it’s always a worry buying a second hand car.
suppose it’s no different to the old school way of disconnecting the Speedo cable. It’s just needs to be smarter nowadays.
Surely mileage could be stored in many modules so these folk could be caught quite easily. Abs, gearbox, engine, sat nav etc could all hold mileage data so if you don’t clock it all you could be in a trouble trying to sell a clocked car.

I think it's fair to say the main reasons for the mileage tools is for negative uses, but I wouldn't say it's the worst invention as it has positives, I for one used these tools for myself when I had upgraded my cluster & also had a fault, mileage was adapted to the original, within a hair anyway as it's not a 100% spot on with these tools, so for me, there are positive needs for this, but yes mostly they use for immoral means.

I've had clients clusters also adapted correctly when fitting new clusters, so it does have good uses.

Service history coupled with mot history to verify mileage does help weed out a lot but it’s still an abused tool that shouldn’t be sold or if so it should not have the ability to permanently alter mileages.

I don't think MOT history with Service History will tell you much in this situation. You could do 40k miles in a year but the odometer will only show you have done 8k. Then you see those overpriced 5-6 year old cars with 22,000 miles on the clock. You can get away using this device without being detected, description says that it alters the mileage in all devices. F****** disgusting... The more advanced software technology is used the easier it is to break it for hackers etc.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

In situations like this I’m thankful I have VCDS. They can block the dash, but you can’t block the gearbox or ABS.

Just to clarify, I am not interested in this but came across it while browsing fleabay. Never heard o this before and wondered if anyone else has. Can this really be done? I hope my mileage is genuine....

Yup, the preserve of R8’s / RS3’s etc……

I was shown an R8 a while back that had a 50k mileage difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In situations like this I’m thankful I have VCDS. They can block the dash, but you can’t block the gearbox or ABS.

I’ve seen a device that can alter the gearbox mileage too……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk