Is this normal?

Auditurbo83

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this which may turn out to be stupid questions :/

Anyway here goes. So my car felt a bit sluggish which coincided with the cruise control intermittently failing to engage, and rev jumping in 3rd gear on full boost. This all seems to point to the clutch pedal switch which I'll be picking up and fitting soon. However, I noticed that when reving the car in neutral when moving the revs are very slow to rise. But when I depress the clutch and car is out of gear (but coasting) the revs rise much faster. Is this normal? If not, could it be a symptom of a faulty clutch pedal switch, or something else?

I don't have access to vagcom but torquepro didn't identify any fault codes (appreciate it isn't as accurate as vagcom). I need to buy vagcom - any recommended sellers?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Clutch switch... torque pro won't read all VAG codes... more likely an implausible signal code if you scan with VCDS

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the prompt reply tuffty. Will try and get it scanned. Do you know where I can buy a basic version of vcds and roughly what it's likely to cost?

Clutch switch... torque pro won't read all VAG codes... more likely an implausible signal code if you scan with VCDS

<tuffty/>

U can buy a lead on ebay for it and then download vcd lite which is free. That will scan some of it but not all unless you buy the full version then you can.

Thanks for the prompt reply tuffty. Will try and get it scanned. Do you know where I can buy a basic version of vcds and roughly what it's likely to cost?
Info on this is in the FAQ's... Ross Tech do a shareware version to use with eBay cables

<tuffty/>

If I change the clutch pedal switch, does anything need to be done via vcds to recognise it?

Does anyone have a current ebay link to the correct VCDS cable to use with the shareware version please?