Is this normal?

MikeCrum1996

Reaction score
So ever since ive decat’d my car obviously I get an eml show up every 200-500 miles but the weird thing is I know when its about to show up coz the car feels kinda sluggish not as responsive but soon as I clear the fault code it’s like driving a completely different car..
I know it’s strange I was just wondering is this normal for a fault code to make you lose power? It don’t lose a lot of power just enough for me to notice especially later in the Rev range

Audi A3 8L 1.8t Aum

Anyone shed some light?

is it a P0420?

Upload 2018 2 11 21 4 5

I don't think that is supposed to effect power? I got mine after a new sports cat on the original map - but usually when plodding along in traffic, maybe better off updating the map to remove the post cat sensor.

is it a P0420?

View attachment 148327

I don't think that is supposed to effect power? I got mine after a new sports cat on the original map - but usually when plodding along in traffic, maybe better off updating the map to remove the post cat sensor.
Yeah that’s the one.. I’ll think I’ll get it coded out when i go stage 2 just need a fmic, I also get this other code p17705 which comes on for no apparent reason then I won’t see it again for months