Is your PS3 Bricked?

*Unkle*

Reaction score
It looks like the PS3 doesn't like the 1st of March?

Try switching it on (if its the fat one) and let us know, the problems come from the data and not able to connect to the PS3 network

Last edited:
Mine works just fine. It's running version 3.10.

Thats odd in less that 24hrs there is a 7 page thread on Digital Spy about the issue, looks like it realated to the fat one not understanding the March the 1st date and reverts to 1999 locking it out of the PSN

I think it's fairly obvious that you can switch it on ok bud!

staz,
ive had several calls and emails today comfirming that once it connects to the PSN as cruiser89 states, it tries to download back to 1999, therefore it goes kerput!! im told this only involves the fat consoles, the newer slims arent affected, apparently.
to be fair id rather not take the risk, i have 3 ps3's in the house and would be sure to get serious kickin from my 8 and 11 year old sons if they bricked !! lol

I'm not doubting that there's an issue, but since I posted earlier that mine was ok then it's safe to say it's ok to turn on :)

Does the PS3 even have automatic updates?

You could always just disable the internet connection before letting him use it mate but mine has been switched on all evening and it connects automatically to PSN :shrug:

I found THIS from the BBC

"We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours," a statement reads. "In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

Reading on Digital Spy, it seems to have been resolved. Not sure how true it is.

Issue has now been resolved, I have had it confirmed by a number of users that they have got back on and connected ok this morning.

Hehe

Just heard a guy on R5 that he lost his game saves and DLC data, but he was gaming over the shut down period at midnight. So perhaps that slightly different, lets hope they get it back up and running for the launch of Polyphony Digitals GT5.

In 2016.

Im glad i have the slimline version. Mine wasnt affected, but i still couldnt sign on psn. My mates fatter ps3 had trophie issues. Will that be fixed via system update?

No updates as yet, but just keep an eye on AVForums or some other PS sites, that should update and let you know how it goes.