Is your RS3 getting faster?

knobby

Reaction score
So mines just clocked over 11,000 miles. I swear recently its feeling noticeably faster.

I'm not sure if its a combination of new tyres, cat bypass pipe (more noise), and warmer weather. Anyone else's feeling faster now with a few miles on the clock?

On another plus note the fuel light always used to come on at about 250-250 miles but just recently I've been getting lots more. Today I filled up, 297 miles with still 30 miles left in the tank.

I love my RS3.. (well apart from the squeaky brakes)

On the Audi V8's I had the loosening points were at 10k, 25k and 50k miles and they were noticable, I suspect the same of this car TBH. Fuel economy is always in the 300's with my commute so hovering around 29-30mpg execpt when I have a tank in for just hooning around.

As P_G says, your engine should loosen up with usage. When I part-ex'ed my TTS the sales guy commented on how much quicker it felt than the brand-new cars he normally drove: they have tight engines, mine was much freer.

Mine's just clocked over 7,500 miles and feels a lot faster now than the first 4000 miles. It also seems to feel better after a long fast drive in manual mode.