Isn't it great when...

Drystone

Reaction score
...you can have a good play with another car, by which I mean a 'race' in a loose sense of the word, and then give each other a friendly wave when going your separate ways.

Happened to me last night. I had a proper good blast along some dual carriageway with a Mini Cooper, once we finally went different ways at a junction the driver gave me a wave and a thumbs up. We were both grinning away to ourselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Nice to know that there are other likeminded drivers out there, apart from the people on this forum of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif.

Christian

Yeah, I had a Passat T-red-DI in hurry the other day and I was in bit of a mood so I blasted past over 100K(ph) and then slowed a little further up. They continued and past me (dual carriageway), but we both had some fun on the next roundabout.

Both keeping good distance, just having a litle fun.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Yeah, it is good. Its happened in the past, but not happened since getting the S3. Then again, I haven't had many "races" in the S3.

AL

Hey! ****** off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

There's probably some truth in your statement though, as I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) very often these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Most challenges I get are from:-

- people who don't know what an S3 is, so challenge you in their plod-along car. Easy meat.
- reps in their mondeo's / vectra's. Easy meat.

AL

Oh well, it's my last week in Holland after 10 months!
I like it over here cause when I've raced someone, they've all put their thumbs up, waved etc...it's cool. If only it was like that more in the UK!

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Old Man!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... I only drive it like I stole it thank you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I had a wonderful run with a Boxter today coming back from Poole on the A32. Supprised him by staying in front, later on I passed the Baton to a Guy driving a red RS4 avant (Lovely lovely lovely!) who dropped a gear and left everyone on the planet for dead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3Bangs said:
He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what have you got in there other than a bag of best pommes frites? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3Bangs said:
Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif He then asks... **** me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens in Aus as well, but the look of shock (and horror) as a little hatchback devours the big displacement Holden and Ford V8s is priceless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

-- james

I raced a Yamaha 750 something on the A46 yesterday morning, got up to 120 km/h and he didn't get passed, think he must have enjoyed the noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jamesa said:
S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

-- james

[/ QUOTE ]
James,

I actually live around the docklands area but work in Watford... Saying that, our head office is in Elstree, so am always there at least once a week mate