ISOFIX Brackets

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi All

I am trying to locate ISOFIX brackets for the rear of my A4 saloon (just had 12 week scan! well the wife not me) as the car was not fitted with them from standard. I have though checked and the bolt holes are their for me to fit them.

The main dealer wants £64 for the pair; does anyone know a better source or have a pair to sell?

thank you

Are you sure?Im led to beleive all VW group vehicles,had them fitted as
standard from 1997.

I think you will find they are main dealer only. You only need 1 bracket per seat. Personally I wouldn't take a chance with non genuine parts even if they were available for something as important as this.

I have isofix in my b5 s4, but not in my 97 a4 (the mounting holes are not there. I have a britax isofix duo and that fits both cars very well, though given the choice I would go isofix if possible.

I will return to the dealer and check, the £64 was for two brackets. I though that might have been for 1 side as thre are two bolt holes per side. Maybe he was selling me two so the seat could go on both sides of the rear bench.

64 is for both sides - I paid 36 for one side from Audi (bar and 2 bolts)

I fitted them on my B6 S4. Toughest job was pulling the seat base up as it was vert tight.

Apart from that just make sure you've got the correct TORX drive in your socket/torque wrench and it's easy.

Thanks for that Scotty. Are you saying that you don't need to remove the seat bench? Also I presume the bolts to fix em are a type of self tapper. According to my log book I should already have these fitted but I'm wondering if that is just the ISOFIX preparation holes. Cheers Mike

hi

the holes should be there it took me a while to spot them, take out the base of the seat then look upwords as if you are trying to see behind the seat back. the holes are about 30cm apart and may have tape over them. It should be very easy to fit although i am not sure of the torque you should be using.