issue with sat nav location

Mike_R

Reaction score
hi guys,

need bit of help

recently bought a pioneer hd1 bt. really like it and it makes it sound really great. dvd playback is quite good. people were charging around 200 for installation and parts and thanks to the guys off here I got the right parts and did it myself. saved about 160

anyway, having a little issue with my sat nav location though. the system says gps ok and is connected to a fair few satilites but for some reason the sat nav thinks am around 20 metres from where I am and on some occasions driving the wrong way

yesterday I messed about with it and changed my location to the correct road, pointed myself in the right way. turned the sat nav on to take me home and it worked perfectly. turned engine off jumped back in the car this morning half through the journey pressed map button and again am off track and according to the map-arrow am driving sideways.

the system has these data captures which am guessing help with calculating the direction travelling. am thinking to reset these and start again.

does anyone have any ideas to help me.

thanks

Last edited:
you need to recalibrate it

hmmm. seems like the system has gathered quite bit of data already

I will reset it and put myself back on track and take it from there

will report back.

thanks for the help

Call Pioneer & ask them, as they would ideally know how to resolve or advise faulty.

How many sats does it pickup?

well I took bez's advice and reset and it was working ok.

this morning I booted the system up. it was off at first but as it was locating me it was updating itself until it got my location.

this morning it picked up 7 out of the 8 sats. 8 seems the limit on the screen. need some petrol at lunch so will check it again

thanks for ur help chaps. will reprt back and take some snaps once its all fitted in.

7-8 is plenty, I would check with Pioneer for a FW update & ask them about the issues.

I had the very similar Pioneer HD3II in my last car and loved it, they're really cool bits of kit. Managed to fit mine as well without too much trouble and saved a bit of money. Here's a link you may find of some use to you as it will have troubleshooting in the manual.

Paula :) x

Manuals for AVIC-HD1BT - Pioneer UK