It’s been a while!

seanbeckerleg

Reaction score
Ok.... so it’s been a while since I’ve been active on here. Last time I was here was when I was organising a group buy for the MethodEffects front spoilers. I hope everyone that was involved with that was happy with what they got? Never saw the results of what people got from it.
If @DJAlix is still about? I might need to call upon that favour someday as I have lowered the s3 and wondering if you could recalibrate my Mag ride?
Anyways, I Thought I’d come and show off what I’ve done to my car in the last year.
Not a great deal, but a few things to spur some thoughts.
So I recently looked into a product called “Autoflex”, it’s absolutley huge in the US, and when dealing with the product in hand yourself, you can see why. In the UK it’s still a very small market, and there’s not many places applying this product yet. And those that are charge a small fortune. That said, I really understand why as the work is so extensive.
Firstly, this isn’t a start to finish build process post, that’s something I might do in the future.
But long story cut very short, me and a friend decided to invest in the equipment and provide/build the best possible environment we could put together to apply this product DIY style, and although this product is strictly for professionals, the hours, money and attention to detail payed off in the end.
Of course it would have been cheaper and quicker to have someone else do it, but between us both, we wanted to do one another’s cars, and others that are willing to pay the price of the job in the future.
Hopefully the pictures speak for themselves......
Do you like green? :)
7B4140EC A596 4454 AEC6 12B0E3D14034

C93BDA44 D67D 4F8B 844C A604F78F094C
124BD730 0F32 4A01 8F64 E487C4631D40
1030AD45 2DC5 4DAB B0EF 97DBCDD73007

Ok, the colour is bold! But the inspiration came from the limited edition Lime Green TTRS. This product combined with the tint/pigment & pearls really gives a WOW factor, and with this applied, I’m protecting my factory Ara blue from stone chips and potential vandalism from key scratchers etc.
6F2DE27A E941 4FF9 94EE 524E26612D72

In this picture I’m sure tons of filters were used to get it to pop like this.... but my pictures 100% speak for themselves. No filters! The colour really does just...... GREEN!!!

On another note, I’ve also lowered the car -25mm using VWR RACELINE springs, and fitted 20” genuine 10Y spoke TTS alloys.
They were stripped, powdered coated black & diamond cut.
The overall finished result speaks for itself, and I’m in love with it. Others opinions might be different as it could be considered a bit blingy, but I’m one that appreciates diamond cut wheels, and this style sings for me.
7948BD29 BF6B 42CB 9F1C FD058CE4B2D3
F063728C E4FA 4435 AC34 DE73D4EF9F1A
D6728AD7 9B41 4E6E ADC6 9AC7B0FCB7E3
5A4E8EC1 AA99 4D7F B91A 61CDAE73E0A8
C296A2F1 92F5 423E 9FA2 299C168BAC34

AEFE38AB A3E3 4082 A723 B3ABCBDAF4A0

Ok, I am unable to upload a picture of these wheels fitted to the car as every picture I have is to large to upload. I’ll update this post tomorrow where hopefully I can get some pictures sorted.

Reactions: Leevr, Tej13, Audi Bairn and 5 others
Lovely motor mate and I like the colour a lot. Is this like a vinyl wrap? How is it applied?

@seanbeckerleg - Lime green S3 looking stunning buddy !
Looking foreword to pics of the new wheels too

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Did you get free sunglasses with that colour?! From the photos posted looks like you have done an amazing job there!

Am still around and coding like crazy. Its been crazy busy and have not had a chance to look at the forum or email. This is my first time looking at messages in a while but I will be catching up over the next couple of days.

@seanbeckerleg welcome back Sean. Love the colour, absolutely stunning results. Look forward to seeing more details if you do a build thread. Yes @DJAlix is still here and a site sponsor, I’m sure he will gladly help you out, :)

Reactions: NevMan
@seanbeckerleg It's from the same guy that does the dipyourcar stuff isn't it? I spent ages watching his video's on YouTube, a lot of awesome colours to be made!

Wow that green is stunning. No other words for it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely motor mate and I like the colour a lot. Is this like a vinyl wrap? How is it applied?
Hhhhmmm, I’m not sure what it is classified as. I guess you could say it has characteristics of a vinyl wrap as it is removable.... but if applied properly it also provides better than a factory finish gloss. This was my 1st attempt and there is very little orange peel. This does come down to
The equipment used, technique and environment it’s applied in.... but in general the product has so much potential. It’s not like your ordinary 3M wrap. This provides so much more, at round about the same price.
It’s sprayed on like any other automobile paint... and should be treated the same way.

Best part is.... it’s peelable.
Will be attempting Merlin purple next

@seanbeckerleg - Lime green S3 looking stunning buddy !
Looking foreword to pics of the new wheels too
Thanks mate! Tomorrow.... I promise

Did you get free sunglasses with that colour?! From the photos posted looks like you have done an amazing job there!

Am still around and coding like crazy. Its been crazy busy and have not had a chance to look at the forum or email. This is my first time looking at messages in a while but I will be catching up over the next couple of days.
Aha.... it certainly needs it’s when it’s shiny clean on a sunny summers day! It really turns heads.
Glad to see you’re still around! Wondering if you’d be up for a half way meet sometime? Calling you upon that favour you mentioned all them months ago if I need to pay you for any work, of course I will though.
Maybe a discount?

@seanbeckerleg welcome back Sean. Love the colour, absolutely stunning results. Look forward to seeing more details if you do a build thread. Yes @DJAlix is still here and a site sponsor, I’m sure he will gladly help you out, :)
Thank you Sandra! Pictures and more info to come :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
@seanbeckerleg It's from the same guy that does the dipyourcar stuff isn't it? I spent ages watching his video's on YouTube, a lot of awesome colours to be made!
You got it mate! Fonzie is his name....i to spent hours watching his videos, and one day i was like.....ima do this ****! How hard can it be lol! Turns out, pretty hard! But he results are amazing. You can create any colour you want, your only obstacle is your imagination and ability to mix tints/pearls/pigments. Then comes the ability to apply it, but if you watch enough videos you can self teach :)

Reactions: Tom.H, Sandra and NevMan