it cant be that hard?

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
I want to replace the chrome strips on my A4, it just so happens im breaking a A4 with the parts i want, sorted, But how the hell do you get them off? its starting look like a right mess just to get them off, it cant be that hard , can it?

Anyone?

i.html
01032010137n.jpg

01032010136.jpg

01032010139.jpg

01032010140.jpg

Well I hope it was worth the wait:

Front window slot trim strip (vehicle with aluminium trim strip)
Note:
Illustrations show slot trim strips for rear door.
Both pictures and wordings are exactly the same!

If you have a "Standard Vehicle", ie not aluminium trim, the following applies: (it's not overclear I'm afraid).

Chromestrip4.jpg

I don't know what "standard trim" is - I'm not sure if refers to the dechromed options, my thoughts are that that would be same as aluminium, as it's basically the same trim just a different colour. Dunno.

the problem is, to get at any screws/lugs/bolts to take the trim off, you need to be able to get at them 1st, so in order to be able to get at them, you need to take the top half of the door off i.e. the window frame itself, this just seems so so long for just a simple job,

the problem is, to get at any screws/lugs/bolts to take the trim off, you need to be able to get at them 1st, so in order to be able to get at them, you need to take the top half of the door off i.e. the window frame itself, this just seems so so long for just a simple job,

You've found out why nobody does this mod!

You will have to strip the doors down to change to the alu/chrome scraper mouldings. :faint:

The aluminium trim should just slide off though according to Elsawin?

The B7 you're breaking has chrome strips, have you found this not to be the case?

If it anything like an A6 one the door has to be stripped and the chrome wiper seal is riveted to the outer panel from inside
its not a hard job but if your doing all 4 its going to be fairly time consuming job .

I looked into this yrs ago when I first got my red one. I knew it was going to be a Bastward to do so asked the dealers how much to supply and fit......approx £1200 :wtf:
"Yeah right, you can K*ss my ***"

Serious! They told me that because its such a Fiddly job that takes ages then thats the price to expect. These trims from Audi aint cheap.Ask them...

...also I dont know how true but they claimed the back 2 small windows can easily shatter aswell and supposed to be a right B**ch to change!