It would appear that Hermes rebranding hasn't changed anything whatsoever with their service.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
It would appear that the nightmare courier company that was Hermes is still just as bad as before despite the big all-singing rebrand.

I had a part for the old bus out for delivery today by the said company, with tracking, well if you can call it tracking .
I received a ping with a time period of 13.00 -15.00 which was ok, so I thought.
I then got a ping to say it was delivered whilst out with the woofers at 13.43.

I rushed back home in great anticipation only to find no parcel, zippo , nothing to be found anywhere.
Then it said delivered with proof of delivery.

Another message later there is a delivered message with a pic, below.

Just a black image, I mean how can that be construed as proof of delivery, no way on earth .
A quick check on the CCTV and no one had been near for an hour, so he never came near and definitely didn't deliver here.

What a muppet or what.
I had polite words with the sender, he spoke with "Hermes" that were, and they just denied everything.

Is it any wonder they just get so much flack with this sort of service.

I'll be having some choice words with hermes or Evri as they now hide behind tommorow that's for sure.

Last edited:
Evri name says it all, Evri excuse bs issue you can think of Rob, they're a joke & no customer facing people to ring, they rebranded to try & remove stigma.

Seriously who TF names it Evri, their ceo is an idiot.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I have a secret weapon Nigel, they may not have a means of telephone conversation etc and may want to stay uncontactable to the end receiver, but I have a plan.
We had similar issues last month and after a lot of searches and digging, I managed to locate my local hub that dispatches to my address.
They are on Brooklands Business park in Weybridge, I have their address etc so I'm off to see them tomorrow and I won't be Mr nice.

Reactions: Garrett 69
And it involves 2 good friends that are in media and video cameras.

Reactions: Sandra, NHN and Garrett 69
It may end being on local news ...lol
Called " Evri Uncovered"

Reactions: Sandra
Hermes is the worse. Got message saying stuff was delivered and it didn’t arrive for another 2 days. I reckon when it gets to end of shift they just mark every parcel as delivered and some poor sod in the next shift picks up the slack.

I always used to dread buying anything that was subsequently being sent by Hermes but fortunately we got a new delivery driver a couple of years ago and he is really good. Since he started not had any problems - hopefully not tempting fate here:whistle2:.

Apparently it can more productive and quicker to contact the CEO than using the helpline or chat bots - his details are Martijn.deLange@hermes-europe.co.uk unless that has been rebranded too

• Haha
Reactions: Garrett 69
I've had good experiences with Hermes and absolutely awful ones too! The worst was when I paid for next day delivery only to be get the sorry your parcel has been delayed we hope to get it in the move in the next 24 hours message. It stayed like that for 3 days, Hermes promised it would be delivered every day of those 3 days. I then went away for 4 days, 3rd day in I had a message saying my parcel had been delivered and left in my porch. I don't have a porch! Got back no sign of any parcel in the bins or anywhere in the front garden. Contacted Hermes who said my parcel had been successfully delivered so contact the retailer. Contacted them to be told they had had the parcel returned by another person as it was delivered to them and it wasn't for them. They were able to disclose that the person lived over 200 miles from me. They resent the parcel and guess what? Hermes lost it again!!! The retailer resent using Royal Mail and finally got the goods over a month after my original order. To top it off a few things didn't fit and I had to send them back(((

They are by far the most appalling carrier service out there, they were poor before as Hermes but after a rebrand they are atrocious.

I have had 4 of my last 4 deliveries all late by 3-4 days, no reason for the delay other than our driver was unable to deliver today.
Then it says delivered into our letter box with a black pic, what use is that, and cctv proves he did not deliver on the day/time as they stated.

I have had a full refund from the sellers along with the next-day delivery charge so i am not out of pocket, just got my outlay back, but thats not the point really.

Sellers should not be stating delivery times etc if they can't use a carrier that can fulfil the delivery service offered, Evri cannot fulfil anything frankly.

Reactions: geraldwkoonce
In reality, evri just offer companies a silly low contract price to get business, then just lets everyone down.
I make a point of asking what courier is used before I click pay , if they say evri i ask for another company even if i need to pay extra and if they won't then i take my business elsewhere, simple as that, but it shouldn't be that way.

Reactions: geraldwkoonce
It must be a regional thing as the local courier for us is great (plus he likes my car lol).
It's an odd one though as they look more like private hire drivers around here and not a professional service but never had an issue and we get loads of stuff delivered

You must be one of the very, very few people then.
The guy that does our round is a nightmare , I've got him on CCTV just throwing parcels over the wall and gate and just driving off in a beat-up old Renault van, he doesn't even attempt to make any contact, well that's when he even gets around to making the delivery.
They arent worried though, just another parcel drop .

I'm making a compilation vid at the moment of all his last visits for a better word and his total lack of understanding of what delivery should be.
Then it's going on youtube big time, and i'm going to slate evri after everything over the last few months, i'll add a note that the MD may feel free to contact me to discuss it, I doubt he will.

Reactions: AlS3BE
it’s at the point now if I order something and see it’s Hermes or evri or whatever they are called I will end up just cancelling the order and get it elsewhere. Just not worth the hassle.
recently found a parcel 2 days after they delivered it down the side of house in the sodding rain. No note or anything. Didn’t even get the message saying it was delivered.
feel bad for the retailers especially small retailers who rely on them for delivery as they will be losing money with damaged goods and refunding late delivery etc.

Reactions: Charlie Farley