Items missing

Vivek

Reaction score
Hey all, just picked up a new S-line last week and noticed a few things missing from my car. One being the stainless steel footrest - I've got a plastic one, although my build sheet mentions stainless steel pedals and footrest. Any else experienced this or any other items missing from their build?

My S3 also has a plastic footrest, and i didn’t realise it was meant to be stainless steel until i read your post and looked at the configurator. Hmmmmm… not sure how i feel about that.
But i was lucky enough to get the Matrix headlights and the alcantara upholstery (neither of which are available as options anymore) so i guess i can live with a missing stainless steel footrest.
Can it be changed though, if it bothers you?
What else have you noticed missing ?

Seems to be across all new cars from what I've seen online. Think Audi is at fault here and trying to pull one over its buyers. It should be able to be changed but seems like the plant needs to fix the issue at the source.
I'm also missing traffic sign recognition and google maps. Also was supplied an iPhone cable but no android and no top-up oil in the car

Seems to be across all new cars from what I've seen online. Think Audi is at fault here and trying to pull one over its buyers. It should be able to be changed but seems like the plant needs to fix the issue at the source.
I'm also missing traffic sign recognition and google maps. Also was supplied an iPhone cable but no android and no top-up oil in the car
In the U.K., Traffic light recognition is part of the Driver Assistance pack. I’m not sure what you mean by Google Maps: but the satellite view for maps has to be enabled in the MMI settings (by default, it’s a plain map). Phone cables are an optional optional extra: unless you negotiated them as part of your deal. I also didn’t get any top up oil (I wasn’t expecting any).

Reactions: Brian Leslie
Only European models have the Aluminum foot rest....as its always been on most Audi models for years

Reactions: Sparks43, AdamInKent and Frizzley
Only European models have the Aluminum foot rest....as its always been on most Audi models for years

Same issue in my TTRS!!! - subsequently discovered found out there wasn’t an OEM part for RHD models even though it was shared with the A3 and golf

issue with the configurator is it shows images of lhd models

My S5 does have an ali foot rest though

Reactions: AdamInKent
I'm taking delivery of mine in 2 weeks time. Sport trim, assuming all A3s come with regular floormats, a proper service book (or this is now all online?) and Audi first aid kit in the boot somewhere? some may get top up oil, doubt mine would.

Exactly the same as the 8v - Brochure (back in the days when you got one) showed it through all the changes throughout the years but you were never going to get one as European only - Made for LHD and no room next to the gearbox tunnel!!

My TTS Vorsprung did'nt come with the 1 litre of oil either my other 2 S3's did.... not that l am bothered about it ...but Charging £175 for nets on the rear seats and in the boot/hatch/tailgate is a low blow indeed.....my other car's had it as standard

Traffic sign recog is naf as yer sat nav tells you the road speed....well my last S3 Saloon did.....no drivers assist pack My TTS has it but it's an option on all other TT models £150

My TTS Vorsprung did'nt come with the 1 litre of oil either my other 2 S3's did.... not that l am bothered about it ...but Charging £175 for nets on the rear seats and in the boot/hatch/tailgate is a low blow indeed.....my other car's had it as standard

Traffic sign recog is naf as yer sat nav tells you the road speed....well my last S3 Saloon did.....no drivers assist pack My TTS has it but it's an option on all other TT models £150
The advantage of traffic sign recognition compared to sat nav road speed, is that the camera can read temporary and variable speed control road signs.

There’s also the problem that Audi have sneakily removed sat nav speed info in the 8Y :-o

Reactions: Moots
The advantage of traffic sign recognition compared to sat nav road speed, is that the camera can read temporary and variable speed control road signs.

There’s also the problem that Audi have sneakily removed sat nav speed info in the 8Y :-o

doesn’t it show in the instrument cluster or the hud instead though?

also whilst It may be able to read them but it does not always apply them when the ACC Is in operation so for example currently on the M1 they is a long 25m+ stretch of roadworks which have a 60 mph speed limit however when using the predictive assistant option on the ACC the car drops to 50 rather than 60 because it’s using data from the online navigation database rather than the TSR.

Personally find Waze far more user friendly and more accurate

Reactions: Jassyo06
doesn’t it show in the instrument cluster or the hud instead though?
According to complaints in other threads on this forum, 8Y’s without traffic sign recognition do not show speed limits anywhere (unless using CarPlay/Android Auto). Cars with traffic sign recognition show the speed limit in the instrument cluster and on the HUD. (Though I don’t recall anyone with a HUD commenting, so that option might enable sat nav speed limits?)

also whilst It may be able to read them but it does not always apply them when the ACC Is in operation so for example currently on the M1 they is a long 25m+ stretch of roadworks which have a 60 mph speed limit however when using the predictive assistant option on the ACC the car drops to 50 rather than 60 because it’s using data from the online navigation database rather than the TSR.

Personally find Waze far more user friendly and more accurate
My experience has been that the TSR system reads and sets the speed shown on the traffic signs. It has occasionally missed a sign - or set the speed based on a sticker on the back of a lorry - but its never misread a speed sign nor has it set ACC speed based on anything other than signs read by the TSR system.

How many times has the TSR system set the wrong speed for you, Frizzley?

According to complaints in other threads on this forum, 8Y’s without traffic sign recognition do not show speed limits anywhere (unless using CarPlay/Android Auto). Cars with traffic sign recognition show the speed limit in the instrument cluster and on the HUD. (Though I don’t recall anyone with a HUD commenting, so that option might enable sat nav speed limits?)

My experience has been that the TSR system reads and sets the speed shown on the traffic signs. It has occasionally missed a sign - or set the speed based on a sticker on the back of a lorry - but its never misread a speed sign nor has it set ACC speed based on anything other than signs read by the TSR system.

How many times has the TSR system set the wrong speed for you, Frizzley?
Several times in the same journey - not happened again though as I got fed up having to manually reset the acc speed so after a quick search though the mmi menus found and I turned off the predictive acc assistance option in the menu. ACC now sticks to the input speed unless the car in front is going more slowly

Sat Nav Speed Limits has been removed - Manual says it will show if you don't have Traffic Sign Recognition Camera - But all 8Y's have the camera for Lane Assist etc and therefore all cars are prepped for Traffic Sign Recognition with Functions On Demand when available - Very sneaky by Audi - Although it now tells you on the Configurator

Reactions: AdamInKent and Jassyo06