Its Arrived!!!!

JamS3

Reaction score
As above, exactly 4 months from day of order my new facelfit S3 has arrived at the dealers!

Been having a look today and it looks awesome in Sprint Blue, picking up tomorrow afternoon (should not have gone today and sat in it cause it want it now!).

Getting it lowered on H + R's Thurs and detailed on Fri so I'll post some pics up then.

Next to mine was a Spint Blue sportback that was getting picked up on Thurs. Interesting to see was that the sportback sat higher than my 3 door, very noticable from the front end!

congrats..
hope you have many happy motoring memories:)

the wait really is a killer, hope you sleep tonight!!

Awesome mate - looking forward to seeing it.... especialliy as it's in sprint!
Have a nice sleepless night!!!

I will thanks fellas, what makes it worse got a exam for work tomorrow morning which lasts 3 hours!!!

Well, good luck in the exam mate - nice reward for when you're finished.... just try not to get toooooo distracted!!!

its a killer the waiting... picked mine up on Saturday waited since April for it

yours is well spec'd up though - what discount did you get if you don't mind me asking?

8.5 % mate.

The RNS-E and Bluetooth is a retro fit though out of my old S3.

good luck with the new S3 jam, at least its in the best colour this time:icon_thumright:
re the sportback maybe it still had its suspension packers in from transport, had it been pdi'd.

hey jams3
when you're putting up pics, could you put some up
of the piano black inserts?

i'm curious to see what they look like, did a search
and found 1 pic only...

thanks in advance..

good luck with the new S3 jam, at least its in the best colour this time:icon_thumright:
re the sportback maybe it still had its suspension packers in from transport, had it been pdi'd.

Yes mate it had been PDI'D and driven from there to the dealer, I checked because thats what I thought!!

Haha i know the feeling when you go see your car but your not getting it till the next day! :-|
Sounds nice put some photos up after friday. Hope you like your car

hey jams3
when you're putting up pics, could you put some up
of the piano black inserts?

i'm curious to see what they look like, did a search
and found 1 pic only...

thanks in advance..

No problem mate will do.

I'd spec them everytime as they make the interior look more individual as the s -line has the alu inserts too.

Very nice - will be interested to see the pics with the 15mm spacers on the front - have been thinking mine could do with been a little wider at the front !

Richard

No problem mate will do.

I'd spec them everytime as they make the interior look more individual as the s -line has the alu inserts too.

That's exactly why I did it, PLUS I loved the black inserts on my old 8L S3.

Some pics of mine including custom mount for aftermarket car kit courtesy of the guys at Biali....

P1010849.jpg

P1010850.jpg

P1010557.jpg

All I have to hand I'm afraid!!!

Jamie,

Good news, can't wait to see the pics!!!!! Will have to wait to see mine :(

Other good news I got my S-line sold today :) so I can actually afford to pay for my S3!

I told the guy to join the forum, so I can keep an eye on the car.

Anyway enjoy pick up day tomorrow.

Dont forget I want to have a look! Also can I try your front bumper on mine?? ;)

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY RIDES....

WAITING FOR YOUR IMPRESSIONS...JUST TO GET AN IDEA....because some of still have a long wait....

enjoy..

U of all people should have pics up by now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Well people picked it up today!

Well pleased with it, seems very quick and low down torquey for brand new, possible due to new software version which was changed on the facelift.

One thing though is do the adaptive lights do a self check left and right for definate, I specced them but they dont appear to do this. Is there any way of checking I have them other than this??

One minor issue though is the F/N/S alloy was very very slightly scuffed which I was not happy about but they agreed to repair it so I'm not bothered. Luckily I noticed it only 10 mins after I picked it up and went straight back with it.

Pics to follow when its lowered and detailed at the weekend!!

Just seen my first S3 3dr facelift in the dealers, got to say really liked it, front end looks gorgeous, love the mirrors aswell, wheels ???. This car was painted Java green from the exclusive range and looked stunning, not a colour I could see myself owning, although the wife loved it.Car also had the buckets with lots of other goodies, 35k, although they did say they would do a killer deal.

Mark

Get it done, got to say I was undecided and just "liked" the wheels but they have really grown on me just with one day of ownership!

Get it done, got to say I was undecided and just "liked" the wheels but they have really grown on me just with one day of ownership!

Stop it !!

I really don't need any encouragement, green though. Dealer did say it is going to be really popular colour, with the new Scirroco available in a similar one. Like a green version of sprint blue if you like, very bright.

Enjoy your car Jamie, look forward to the pics.

Mark

Teaser pics JamS3..... c'mon!
Glad you got it collected, shame about the alloy, but good they are sorting it out for you.
Enojy the running in phase..... again!!!

Go on then here are some teasers I took yesterday a day before I picked it up, note how the sportback sits alot higher (the suspension chocks were taken out!). Oh and there is no worrys about showing my number plate as the dealer put the wrong one on!!!

DSC00049.jpg

Here is another, not the best shots but you get the idea before I do some proper ones!

DSC00046.jpg

You picked the right colour JamS3. Even now I still find my car looks amazing because it looks so different depending on the light.

:drool:

Every photo I have seen of Sprint Blue does not do it justice as you say, the colour changes all the time. It looks much deeper than what it does above....

Here mate, that looks the dogs!!

Excellent colour (damn you phantom black lol)!!

Awesome mate..... best colour by far :)
See what you mean about the SB... weird

Which dealer did you use? Teesside Audi? How did you find them? I am thinking of using them.

Rich

Oh man!!! Jamie those pics are getting me excited!

Can't wait to get mine :)

Enjoy mate.....pity about the scuffed wheel mate. As long as they get it sorted.

The pictures are great...the color is amazing....i keep looking at the SB one, (it does sit higherm i wonder why) and keep thinking when mine will show up....

enjoy it..

Lovely mate !! Front end looks so much more aggressive than my ''old model''. S3 sportback just doesn't work for me.

Photo in the dark/dusk with DRL's on would be nice.

Mark