It's been a busy few weeks

Marc18

Reaction score
Just the one picture for now.
DSC 0288

Not totally finished yet, got one last day on Saturday to finalise things and tidy up the boot build.

Will have some better quality photos by the weekend.

The rs style grill looks great in person, had nothing but good comments. Pretty awkward to fit though, lots of bolts in hard to reach places to get the bumper off.

The air wasn't as straight forward as it should of been. The kit is a modified mk5 or mk6 kit (can't remember which) so its not a perfect fit all round, some alterations were needed.

Just the e level height sensors to re adjust as its currently just running in manual mode, then presets and adaptive adjustments should be all up and running

Reactions: Tej13, jimladallen and rikia93
Interesting, tell us more whats been done. Did you have any photos of the build process?

Are you not the same guy with the slightly off coloured green a3 thats changed the exhaust, wheels, forced air induction and tunning box?

Interesting, tell us more whats been done. Did you have any photos of the build process?

Are you not the same guy with the slightly off coloured green a3 thats changed the exhaust, wheels, forced air induction and tunning box?

I have a couple I think, meant to take more but ended up being more involved in the whole thing that first expected.

DSC 0184

That's the only photo on my phone, the rest are on the pc, I'll dig those out tomorrow.

The two sections on the boot floor lift out to show the compressors with some rgb leds around the windows.

The tank will be getting hydro dipped and painted once every thing is sorted. Did have it done already but the original tank was cracked and had to get a replacement.

It's been a time consuming process but its been split into a day or two at a time to work around people's work shcedules.

And no mate this is my only car, although I have done all of those things, maybe your just confusing the colour

Reactions: Tej13
Well its certainly refreshing to see another 8V bagged. How much did it end up costing you for this? Also was the grill worth the time and money?

Well its certainly refreshing to see another 8V bagged. How much did it end up costing you for this? Also was the grill worth the time and money?

The full kit was £3100. Airlift struts and bags with accuair e level management. Fitting was £600.

For me, yes, I hated the standard a3 grill, should of came out of the factory like this

That is lower than snakes *** :eek:

If I were to do that I'd end up ripping the engine out on all the damn speed bumps near me + I don't think my old fart (my sons word not mine :() would suffer the hard ride :(

That is lower than snakes *** :eek:

If I were to do that I'd end up ripping the engine out on all the damn speed bumps near me + I don't think my old fart (my sons word not mine :() would suffer the hard ride :(
Thats the beauty of air ride mate, raise it up for driving and speed bumps then slam it down for shows and stuff :)

That is properly slammed!! When you notch the chassis it is going to sit on the floor, you are going to have be careful on uneven ground!

What is the ride and handling like day to day, with it set to your normal settings?

That is properly slammed!! When you notch the chassis it is going to sit on the floor, you are going to have be careful on uneven ground!

What is the ride and handling like day to day, with it set to your normal settings?

Yeah the undertray already rattles on the floor if the engine is on while it's down lol

Its not too bad Tbh, similar to a medium/firm coilover. Few knocks from the rear shocks if it's too low as we had to cut the bump stops out. I'll be swapping these for coilover shocks eventually

Would be really interested to know how you got the grill to work, I'm sure others would like to replicate this. Nice work!

Would be really interested to know how you got the grill to work, I'm sure others would like to replicate this. Nice work!

The grill was a lot more awkward that first anticipated. The bumper came off first, all the screws from the undertray had to come out, most of the wheel arch screws out then a few tricky hidden screws pretty much beside the headlight inside the bumper. Those took some time as you literally can't See.

Once the bumper came off it was just a case of having two people slowly work around the grill, one prying open clips and the other lifting out the grill. Found this put less strain on the clips that trying to do it all alone.

Then all in reverse and back on.

Couple of things to note though, the outside temperature sensor on the back of the plate recess doesn't have a clip on the new grill so it has to be connected and hidden away elsewhere. Also the standard grill has a lot more of a curve whereas the rs style grill is fairly flat. This meant the bumper wouldn't sit far enough back with the foam padding and plastic cover over the slam panel. That was removed and the slam panel painted black so it didn't stand out.

Also make sure to disconnect fog lights and washer bottle before pulling the bumper

Wow looks great. Not to many 8Vs on air

Partly the reason that drew me to air in the first place.
As far as I know there's only 4.
Waynes red s3 hb
Warricks purple a3 hb
My a3 hb
And Jasons s3 sb

Reactions: Brennan
Partly the reason that drew me to air in the first place.
As far as I know there's only 4.
Waynes red s3 hb
Warricks purple a3 hb
My a3 hb
And Jasons s3 sb
Seen pics on Wayne's insta today with a SB that looks proper slammed. Yours is awesome though, love the grill.

Seen pics on Wayne's insta today with a SB that looks proper . Yours is awesome though, love the grill.

Yeah I've just come accross Jasons myself. The backs about the same but his front end will be lower since mine isn't notched yet.
Yeah Im glad I went for the grill in the end

Just the one picture for now.
View attachment 46304

Not totally finished yet, got one last day on Saturday to finalise things and tidy up the boot build.

Will have some better quality photos by the weekend.

The rs style grill looks great in person, had nothing but good comments. Pretty awkward to fit though, lots of bolts in hard to reach places to get the bumper off.

The air wasn't as straight forward as it should of been. The kit is a modified mk5 or mk6 kit (can't remember which) so its not a perfect fit all round, some alterations were needed.

Just the e level height sensors to re adjust as its currently just running in manual mode, then presets and adaptive adjustments should be all up and running
Very pretty! Wayne's RS6 is a beast!

Very pretty! Wayne's RS6 is a beast!

Yeah that things an animal, pushing nearly 700hp if I recall correctly. Always wanted something in merlin purple too. Originally the colour i wanted for the a3