Its falling appart!!!

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Reaction score
My glove box lid came off in my hand yesterday!!

It had been difficult too open for a while so I knew something wasn't quite right with it. Didnt expect it to fall off in my hand though! lol.

Is this a common fault?

Does the full glove box need changing or can I just change the lid?

How easy is it to do?

Wheres the best place for a new one?

Cheers

RyanJon

same thing happen to me, i think it's quite common with these b6's. what i did was get the araldite out, a couple of screws from underneath and it was sorted. works fine now and hasn't come back off yet (its been about 8 months)

Either cobble it back together yourself or buy a new lid from Audi for £90. The probem is caused by the damper/light switch unit which gets stiff with time. Once you have fixed or replaced it keep lubricating the damper shaft as soon as it starts to stiffen up.

Ryan - If you can't fix it, give me a shout for a new one!

Ryan - If you can't fix it, give me a shout for a new one!

I wondered how long it would be till you popped up!! lol

Theres a really small mark on my current one that you prob wouldnt notice but it annoys me. Dont think i'll be fixing it as i dont like the idea of having screws stuck through it, even if I cant see them, I'd still know they were there and it would get the better of me!

How much would I be looking at off the you?

How would I let you no the colour as I presume theres a few different ones?

Is it just the lid or do I need to replace the full glovebox?

Cheers

RyanJon

Here you go, mine went a few months back really easy to swap over.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/audi-a4-new-gl...3A1%7C294%3A50
cheers mate

mines a saloon though so not certain it would fit.

pjmspeedy priced me 1 at just short of £100 and the part number is different to the 1 on the bay.

I've been thinking about the new seat thats based on the b7 a4 and weather that has the same lid and if it would be cheaper of them?

may be worth a go?

Hi guys mine also has been traumatised :) I opened it one day and it couldn't close properly so after I checked it, it had one end of the round-point base tear apart.

I don't wish to pay much money in replacing it so if someone has some pictures on how to remove it and fix it and put it back it would be great. I think I found somewhere in the net a photo on how it was fixed but not how to pull it out in order to do this.

Mine is also knackered. Whilst the car was in York Audi last week re a proble, with the EML they did a full check over on the car and quoted me just over £200 to sort the glove box. I'll be trying to sort myself i think.

Hi there, mine broke too. I had noticed the glove box light wasn't working so me being me felt that i had to fix it. Replaced the bulb: nothing. Then searched the net for GLOVE BOX LIGHT and found a site showing the location of the damper/light switch for the soft opening glove box. I then re attached the damper using a small bolt hey presto the light worked. Two days later SNAP the plastic hinge snapped and was only held on with two wires. I then had to take the whole glove box out (three screws at the top and two at the bottom iirc)and take it upstairs to glue it together using 2 part glue Araldite. Problem solved, I reinstalled the box but had to modify damper. The damper was cut at the top end and rubber resistance washer removed then sealed back up with tape. The glove box light now works perfectly just remember to take the weight a bit when opening box so as not to break the glue.
:beerchug: