It's Gone :o(

ash_s3

Reaction score
Just sold my S3 today,
very sad to see it go, took slightly less than i wanted for it but glad to see it went to a member of the forum, so hopefully il still see it about.
Im sure it wont be long before its new owner (dan) posts up some pics of it.

:crying:

Wow that was sudden didnt you only get that car this year?

Yep, only had it about 6 months, spent a fair bit on it too with clutch and cambelt etc..

Need the cash to pay off my loan so i can look at getting a house. Didnt really want to sell it but i couldn't have both!

Next car... hmm.. something cheap to buy, cheap(ish) to run and fun to drive, only doing short journeys to work and back so dont need a car like the S3.

Any suggestions??

Civic VTI, cheap fun car, 1.8 has LSD 1.6 is better looking but basic interior. Just a normal 1.6 or 1.8 off cam so cheap to run. Or a Ford Focus

Ash you can't say it hasn't been an adventurous journey with the S3's eh?
buy a nail and run it into the ground,have a mate who's dashboard was hanging off ,no door cards,stereos fecked but he only paid 200 quid three years ago! he laughs at how much I spend on mine (barsteward)
Good Luck Ash with the house

Ash you can't say it hasn't been an adventurous journey with the S3's eh?
buy a nail and run it into the ground,have a mate who's dashboard was hanging off ,no door cards,stereos fecked but he only paid 200 quid three years ago! he laughs at how much I spend on mine (barsteward)
Good Luck Ash with the house

Thanks Jase
Yeah ive certainly had 'fun' with the S3's, HUGE thanks to everone on here who has helped me out with questions and problems ive had. Will def be sticking about though for the general banter etc..
:eyebrows:

Yeah id say a VTi too! have a friend that runs 190 in his 1.8. Hes swapped his half leathers for full and as bong said off cam it is so cheap to run, but when you floor it you get that noise! oooooh the noise!!

Sad to see the car go mate, a very nice model you had there!!!

Oh well....go get yourself a Micra..lol..only joking!!!

The Civic sounds like a good move in the right direction.

Cheers Nilz, yes it was a great example, just hope it gets looked after as well as i did.

I hate to say it but im lookin at Saxo VTS' :haha:

From what i hear, you cant get a much more 'fun' car for the cash, sub £2k
It will sicken me to actually buy one though!:keule:

You'd get a very good mk2 rev3 (the best) n/a mr2 for that kind of money.

it'd be between that, the civic and a 306 gti-6 for me.

If you're interested in an mr2 i'd head over to mr2oc.co.uk.

I had a turbo and loved it, considering buying a n/a now that i have no company car and dont have many miles to do

My mate has a 2001 red wine GTI-6 for sale. Only done about 60k - I reckon he'd take £2750 for it. I think it might be on Pistonheads

You can get a decent Civic 1.8 VTI for 2 to 2.5K lot more car for the money over a Saxo

My mate has a 2001 red wine GTI-6 for sale. Only done about 60k - I reckon he'd take £2750 for it. I think it might be on Pistonheads

I had a GTi-6 before I had the S3 (which is gone now too, for a kiddie wagon 330d!) and if I could have either back for a day, I don't know which I'd pick. The GTi-6 was excellent fun. I'd def look at one again. Standard though, something about little french cars means half of them get butchered by the McDonalds teen cruiser posse's.