It's Here

grimey121uk

Reaction score
Well after a sleepless night due to the excitement we collected the RS3 from the dealer this morning and took it out for about 3 hours over some decent roads in Lancashire, we can't wait until it's run in!

I've posted a quick video on YouTube of the soundtrack:)

Reactions: Evotion, B19, Scottyg and 10 others
Congrats ... Love cat red ... Car looks stunning :sunglasses:

Soundtrack is addictive !!! :car::boom::boom::speakerthree::speakerthree:

Reactions: grimey121uk
Car looks amazing. Enjoy. :) x

Really does sound like half a V10 ;)

TX.

Edit - not usually a fan of the silver trim however red + silver looks great!

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin, Sandra and 1 other person
Well me and the wife did around 190 miles yesterday of A roads with only a few motorway miles and the engine has loosened up a fair bit.

I know there are 101 threads on running in an engine in but my theory is that engines do indeed need yo be run in but manufacturers say it takes 1000 miles because 99% of their cars will be driven normally from new however you can run the engine in with a lot less miles if you drive it properly with the sole intention of bedding it in. Yesterday from new we kept the gearbox in sport and drove using moderate acceleration to keep the RPM up, once we got over 100 miles we give it a bit more stick again allowing the revs to rise and fall from around 6K.

Reactions: Scottyg, Bristle Hound and Snake Pliskin
Yeah same for me.

Don't rag it from day one but do give it some beans with some controlled bursts of power ... plus you can't help yourself sometimes lol :)

The engine in these cars really is a classic though isn't it. So much power, immense power actually, smooth & refined but what a sound it makes :sunglasses:

Reactions: Scottyg and grimey121uk
More fun today:)

Reactions: Terminator x, B19, Andyescos and 2 others
Fantastic. Love the Silver alloys, different from most others. Soundtrack is simply stunning. Wouldn't get tired listening to that. Enjoy. :respekt:

Last photo:)

Reactions: Evotion, AndyB-S3, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Awesome! Can't wait to pick mine up in the next week or two! Looks and sounds great!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and grimey121uk
Love the car and awesome videos!!! Just love love love that noise...