Its on its way!

Chrislake90

Reaction score
Morning All,

Been lurking on here for a couple of weeks and its this forum that made me pull the trigger and order a black S3 Saloon, B&O, privacy glass, rear sensors.

Had a hell of a lot of cars. just over 40 now i think. The S3 is a 26th birthday present and will be picking up on my birthday (6th Jan if anybody wants to send me lots of presents)
Coming from an a6 blackline so the S3 will be a whole new world of fun. And expense! But who cares - cant wait!

Looking forward to contributing to the forum

Reactions: Simon L, DJAlix and Rob2k68
Hi there, Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of the S3 - don't think there's many black Saloons on here so look forward to seeing the pics of that. At 26 that's good going I've had many cars over the years like yourself maybe 60 plus but I've lost count to be honest but then again I'm a good many years older too ;o(

Not long to wait now the excitement must be building !!!!!!! :yahoo:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and Sandra
lol 40 cars at 26! That's about 4 per year then!?! :)

Black is nice but a pig to keep clean.

Reactions: Simon L
Well i should point out that i was a tech for Vw for 4 years so had easy access to trade ins and what not.

I've never found a car i was 100% happy with, although a mk5 gti and a subaru estate came close. When I have the time i will try to compile a list but they go from a Fiat uno, classic mini,pajaero, brand new golfs, brand new Rav 4, scirrocco, new mini, bmw 3 series estate and R33 GTST skyline.

Its varied!

Yeah the excitement is killing me hence the frequent visits to this site. Trying to get as much info as possible before we pick it up. Totally agree about black being a pig to keep clean! the a6 is black and i gave up in the end. S3 is a bit special though so i will be more inclined to keep on top of this one. Was going to hold out until march for the new plate but really just want to get in it and drive it now!

Reactions: Simon L, Sandra and Rob2k68
Well i should point out that i was a tech for Vw for 4 years so had easy access to trade ins and what not.

I've never found a car i was 100% happy with, although a mk5 gti and a subaru estate came close. When I have the time i will try to compile a list but they go from a Fiat uno, classic mini,pajaero, brand new golfs, brand new Rav 4, scirrocco, new mini, bmw 3 series estate and R33 GTST skyline.

Its varied!

Yeah the excitement is killing me hence the frequent visits to this site. Trying to get as much info as possible before we pick it up. Totally agree about black being a pig to keep clean! the a6 is black and i gave up in the end. S3 is a bit special though so i will be more inclined to keep on top of this one. Was going to hold out until march for the new plate but really just want to get in it and drive it now!
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Car sounds nice. Not long to wait. We look forward to lots of pics. You will love the s3. Enjoy the forum:) x

Welcome Chris.
Happy birthday for the 6th of Jan.

Like others I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the new S3

Reactions: Chrislake90
Just don't do anything like this guy does when he picked up his new bike!!!

Reactions: pburv
What a friendly bunch! Thanks for the welcome. Once we get it, its getting a good clean and then ill post up some pics :)

Reactions: Simon L
What a friendly bunch! Thanks for the welcome. Once we get it, its getting a good clean and then ill post up some pics :)
Yes we are friendly, that's why we the best Audi forum. :) x

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Welcome to the forum Chris!! :)

Very nearly went panther black on my saloon but to be honest I couldn't bear the thought of the maintenance, well that and the fact there was a black S3 HB at work and I wasn't gonna have the same!! . My daughter has only just forgiven me as she reckons Audi's look 'cool' in black (which of course they do) ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Just don't do anything like this guy does when he picked up his new bike!!!

Ha Ha I almost spat out a mouth full of coffee looking at that......I bet he felt a right 'plonker'
Cheers for that S32B:friends:
ps Welcome to the forum Chrislake90. Looking forward to seeing your new ride....

Reactions: Simon L and Sandra
Hi there, Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of the S3 - don't think there's many black Saloons on here so look forward to seeing the pics of that. At 26 that's good going I've had many cars over the years like yourself maybe 60 plus but I've lost count to be honest but then again I'm a good many years older too ;o(

Not long to wait now the excitement must be building !!!!!!! :yahoo:

AWESOME Bettee...lol

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Hi Chris welcome to ASN, we have the same bday mate but i will be a little bit older than you and iam hoping to bring home a B7 RS4 which is a large xmas bday gift to myself for being a good boy.

Reactions: Simon L, Chrislake90 and Sandra
Hi Chris welcome to ASN, we have the same bday mate but i will be a little bit older than you and iam hoping to bring home a B7 RS4 which is a large xmas bday gift to myself for being a good boy.
Quite possibly my favorite car i've ever driven. I will own one at some stage - probably closer to my 40th though!

Hope you get it!