SQ5 IT'S STILL A DIRTY OLD DIESEL Lol!!!

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
So, just for FUN, please understand it's just for FUN, bu as it's a nice day I decided to do a wee test on this ongoing theme of: "It’s still a dirty old diesel Lol!!!" and Audi have it ALL wrong...

And here's 3-photos for you to ponder:

1) The exhaust pipe outlet - RH side - and my finger 'wipe-test' from our 2010 AUDI TT PETROL TFSi:

TT exhaust

2) The exhaust pipe outlet - LH side - and my finger 'wipe-test' from our 2011 AUDI RS3 PETROL TFSi:

RS3 exhaust

3) The exhaust pipe outlet - RH side - and my finger 'wipe-test' from or 2016 AUDI SQ5 Bi-TDi:

SQ5 exhaust

Just sayin' and just for FUN but this dirty old diesel sure shows some 'CLEAN' pipes... :thumbs up::yahoo::readit::racer::respekt::superman::friends:

Reactions: BarryG79, paul wev and NHN
Lol good post.

Yeah but 2010, 2011 & 2016, 5-6 years difference should show advancements in that area mate, but I'll give you that, its clean, maybe Mayor Khan needs to realise this here in London lol, derv owners are getting butt fxxxed royally

Reactions: 45bvtc and paul wev
There's an echo in here

Reactions: Gazwould and 45bvtc
Lol good post.

Yeah but 2010, 2011 & 2016, 5-6 years difference should show advancements in that area mate, but I'll give you that, its clean, maybe Mayor Khan needs to realise this here in London lol, derv owners are getting butt fxxxed royally

Back in 1991, Nigel, I was responsible for compliance to the then new: Council Directive 91/441/EEC of 26 June 1991 amending Directive 70/220/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to measures to be taken against air pollution by emissions from motor vehicles. I'd respectfully suggest mayor Khan and a few others take a close look, Nigel, as for sure they don't understand motor vehicle 'emissions' and neither do some here on ASN, however...

91/441/EEC of 26 June 1991 = catalytic converters to be fitted to ALL new cars manufactured 1993 (with a few dispensations) so bye-bye carburettors and hello fuel injection and cats...

Reactions: NHN
I'll be honest, high 90's percent know the word emissions as something crap coming out of the back of a car, in this discussion anyway, but have no real idea what is being emitted.......

Without dialling down & reading every fact & data about this, I personally dont know all this either, but I have some understanding by experience of automotive work & a father who knew everything about cars in his time............

But to coin a "Trump" fake news usually creates hysteria quicker than factual reality.......... Aka chinese whispers

Reactions: 45bvtc
That pipe probably not connected #phantompipes

;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN and 45bvtc
That pipe probably not connected #phantompipes

;) TX. Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

45.gif
A hospital run in the morning John and when back home I'll post pics of ALL 4-exit pipes...

PS: it's all that AdBlue® compliance to Euro 6 Emission Standards that does it... :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x
This was the inside of the rear silencer on my 2008 3.0 TDI that had over 80K miles on it when I cut it open to remove the baffles. You literally could eat your dinner off it. The DPF's do a very good job of removing particulate emissions. Not so good with Nox.
IMG 1497

Reactions: Terminator x, Gazwould, RAF_S7 and 3 others
45.gif
A hospital run in the morning John and when back home I'll post pics of ALL 4-exit pipes...

PS: it's all that AdBlue® compliance to Euro 6 Emission Standards that does it... :racer:

Dirty old diesel (2016 3.0 V6 Bi-TDi SQ5) - would I 'ever' lie to you guys: this after a typical 15-mile hospital run (that I would not/could not have done faster/quicker in the RS3) earlier today; and after a 45-minute wait 15-miles back home with a couple of stops (post office, etc):

2016 SQ5 BiTDi Offside
2016 SQ5 BiTDi Nearside

Crazy clean for a "dirty old diesel" or what...
4316.gif

Reactions: blackwood and paul wev
In fairness the DPF will remove a lot of the soot your old diesel rattler makes....

My SQ5 missed the PPF by a year but it’s not an issues as the exhausts are fake...

Yes it surprised me how clean the exhaust tips were on my SQ5, definitely a different story now with the RSQ3.....luckily there is only 1 and I can get my hand inside it:icon thumright:

Reactions: 45bvtc