Itv tonight keyless car theft. Home made faraway box!!! MUST READ

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone watched the itv tonight programme about car theft and specifically the keyless theft with the signal boosters.
Anyway I have started to panic so just made myself a home made faraway box for key which works a treat
Can stand with the box pressed against the window and car will not open. Open the box slightly and it picks up the signal
b059bad8dc30efc8af26a677aacb91f7.jpg
99b46943dfd319dc04e157c0e15f26d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rhyso, Sandra and NevMan
Do forget one for your spare key too ;)

I bought a couple of pouches from Amazon for £10 but that idea looks great for a DIY solution :D

Reactions: Suffolk Bloke and Buxton2901
Do forget one for your spare key too ;)

I bought a couple of pouches from Amazon for £10 but that idea looks great for a DIY solution :D
Spare key is in a locked drawer wrapped in foil now lol. I am going to look for a more permanent solution or a nicer looking one perhaps this is just a temporary solution to this problem which I had heard of but didn't realise how easy and cheaply this signal booster can be bought and how quick these bar stewards can have your pride and joy away.

Reactions: Rhyso
I saw a vid on FB where they cut the lids off drink cans and they are good enough to block the signal.

Reactions: Buxton2901 and Rhyso
Spare key in a safe. Main key in a drawer at back of house. Both in faraday wallets from Amazon. Can stand next to car and won't open unless remove key from wallet...

Reactions: NevMan, Buxton2901 and Rhyso
Don't know if anyone watched the itv tonight programme about car theft and specifically the keyless theft with the signal boosters.
Anyway I have started to panic so just made myself a home made faraway box for key which works a treat
Can stand with the box pressed against the window and car will not open. Open the box slightly and it picks up the signal
b059bad8dc30efc8af26a677aacb91f7.jpg
99b46943dfd319dc04e157c0e15f26d2.jpg

What was the programme called? I missed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buxton2901
What was the programme called? I missed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tonight car crime I think. On itv. Was on at 7.30 last night. Should be on catch up