I've done something really really stupid. Please help!

TheGLuigi

Reaction score
I have recently put a new stereo into my car as the old one was constantly on unless you take the head unit out. I then realised that the guy before me has done a really good job of splicing all the cables really badly (he soldiered the connections and only an electrical god could figure out what he has done) so the back speakers wouldn't work.

Halfords helped me get the speakers working and advised me how to get it to turn on with the key, so all of that was fine but the battery kept draining. I was scratching my head wondering why when my girlfriend got in the car and said "why are the back speakers crackling when the head unit isn't on" problem solved lol.

Anyway, I went to jump start the audi for about the fifth time off my Skoda and managed to connect the f**king wires the wrong way!

Im an idiot... I know. Now the ignition comes on but the car won't start. I'm currently checking fuses but I got told that it could of blown the relay switch.... Great!

My question is, as I'm by no means a mechanic, what to check and also where to find this relay switch. The audi in question is a 52 plate a4 avant b6. If you could help me get the thing starting again I would love you all even more. (And my girlfriend will stop kicking me in the head as it's actually her car until I buy my Skoda and she part exchanges the audi for it.)

Please help me! My head hurts lol.