I've fell in love but not sure if I should go for it. (Audi RS6 Avant C5)

AUDILOVE86

Reaction score
Hello everyone I hope you're all doing good.

I've recently sold my Audi S3 2014. I was going to have a break from owning a car for a while as I work from home.

However I've recently discovered a love for the C5 Audi RS6 Avant. I've found one for around 10k but not sure if I should go for it or not.

I'm concerned it may be a money pit when having a car is not 100% needed at the moment BUT every man needs his wheels right?

I'm not sure weather to see this as an investment either as the car is almost a classic car status. The Audi RS4 same year is worth over 20k right now some even 24k

If anyone owns one I'd love to hear your opinions on the car and if it's even worth buying or if I will regret it as I don't really have lots of money to put in to it right now. I've watched almost every video on YouTube about them and they are all positive reviews.

The car I'm looking at has coil overs sorted, long service history, no issues with leaks, and seems to be in a decent condition. I'd just need to find original alloy wheels and some other bits.

Thanks again if anyone can give me some advice.

Reactions: oldoiler
Hello everyone I hope you're all doing good.

I've recently sold my Audi S3 2014. I was going to have a break from owning a car for a while as I work from home.

However I've recently discovered a love for the C5 Audi RS6 Avant. I've found one for around 10k but not sure if I should go for it or not.

I'm concerned it may be a money pit when having a car is not 100% needed at the moment BUT every man needs his wheels right?

I'm not sure weather to see this as an investment either as the car is almost a classic car status. The Audi RS4 same year is worth over 20k right now some even 24k

If anyone owns one I'd love to hear your opinions on the car and if it's even worth buying or if I will regret it as I don't really have lots of money to put in to it right now. I've watched almost every video on YouTube about them and they are all positive reviews.

The car I'm looking at has coil overs sorted, long service history, no issues with leaks, and seems to be in a decent condition. I'd just need to find original alloy wheels and some other bits.

Thanks again if anyone can give me some advice.

Find someone on here that has some experience of them, but be ready for costly running alternative find a good independent audi vag service and see if they would be prepared to go along with you to offer their advice ( envi you!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A good one will certainly retain value, just make sure you have another 10k slush fund as these cars swallow money at an alarming rate, gearbox is the main money pit but anything engine related will be grand to fix.

Reactions: oldoiler and AUDILOVE86
The RS6 is a money pit and they do require you to have deep (RS TAX) pockets. They also don't hold there value unlike the B5 RS4. From memory things to look out for on the C5 was turbos (mainly seals) , DRC system if still fitted and the rocker cover seals, and I sure there was issues with the manifolds (that could have been the B5 A4) Also that age of car is would be look at all the suspension and things like the engine & gearbox mounts. They don't last forever and on that age of car will becoming very soggy... Just get under the car and have a good look around as oil leaks could become very expensive to fix and suspension is also not a cheap fix.

Reactions: AUDILOVE86
Hello guys thanks very much for the feedback I really do appreciate it.

I'll admit I don't have deep pockets for maintaining or repairs. Which is putting me off to be honest.

Here is the link to the car.... I may as well share https://tinyurl.com/yk9cdnrw

The car has also got the below image fitted

I really do appreciate the time lads for giving me your advice I will probably give it a miss.

Attachments

• audi.jpg
    audi.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 76
Might be worth looking at this guys channel on YouTube

Total technik

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: AUDILOVE86
Thanks mate I've actually just watched this what a video! helped a lot thanks very much. The thought of the leaks and taking the engine out is a scary thought.

Reactions: DW81