I've finally done it...

wallacr

Reaction score
Well guys, I've finally gone and got my windows tinted and a set of 19" RS4 replica's. I also got my hands on a set of S4 mirrors that I've put on. Thought I'd share a pic with you all.

a4new.jpg

The next thing I need to work on is getting the mirrors to fold in, as they are the folding model. I bought the different mirror switch, but I think I'll probably have to replace the control modules in each door as well.

Rich

i think you should get it lowered a tad first personally. very nice touches though i must say!

Thanks Chris. I agree about lowering it, I was thinking probably a 30mm drop.

It'll most likely be next month now though :)

Looking good. I'd say some sort of tyre shine would be a good idea too. Make the tyres as shiny as your paintwork.

Looking good. I'd say some sort of tyre shine would be a good idea too. Make the tyres as shiny as your paintwork.

Yeah, that does let it down a little bit now you mention it. I normally do use the AutoGlym stuff, but I went to use it today and noticed I'd run out :(

Looks well mate, as said, Lower her first before the hole in your pocket gets too Big!!!

Looks well mate, as said, Lower her first before the hole in your pocket gets too Big!!!

Yeah, defo, the more I look at her now, the more I notice that it needs doing...

How much did you lower your J7uss?

Mine aint lowered mate, its on standard sports suspension which is 20mm lower than standard set up.
My kit makes it look lower and Id love to lower mine but got to wait till I move house as my run up to my drive is like a Tepee and the council that own the path want over a grand to dig it up and flatten it :(,gutted!

Mine aint lowered mate, its on standard sports suspension which is 20mm lower than standard set up.
My kit makes it look lower and Id love to lower mine but go to wait till I move house as my run up to my drive is like a Tepee and the council taht own the path want over a grand to dig it up and flatten it :(,gutted!

It does look good, looks like it's more than 20mm difference. ****** about the drive, hope you move house soon and get to drop it more soon ;)

I think 30mm should do me nicely then :)

ha thats what I keep saying to the Mrs!! somehow Im finding it hard to justify moving house sooner just because I want to lower my car.:)

I have often wondered why mine does look lower than some other sports.

...a 30mm drop will do you nice. It amazing how it transforms the whole statue of the car - nice n mean!!

Wallacr - do you need a pair of folding motors for the mirrors @ I may have a complete pair of mirrors spare that have the motors

Andy

ha thats what I keep saying to the Mrs!! somehow Im finding it hard to justify moving house sooner just because I want to lower my car.:)

I have often wondered why mine does look lower than some other sports.

...a 30mm drop will do you nice. It amazing how it transforms the whole statue of the car - nice n mean!!

Yeah, I can see how convincing the boss on that one may be a bit tricky...

Any suggestions on what kit to get?

Wallacr - do you need a pair of folding motors for the mirrors @ I may have a complete pair of mirrors spare that have the motors

Andy

Thanks Andy, but the ones I've put on are folding ones, I just need to figure out how to get them to fold. I'm pretty sure I just need to change the control modules for the ones without B at the end of the part number as I currently have:

8E2 959 802 B
8E2 959 801 B

Either that, or I might need to add an additional wire or two to the switch if it's not there as standard.

What tyres did they come with? £719 seems a good price if the tyres are good??

They are Avon's, can't remember the exact model at the moment and I never really thought of avons being any good, but i did a bit of googling and found a lot of good feedback about them.

They seem ok, been driving on them for about two weeks now and the grip is good, even in the wet.

When I ordered the wheels, I did make a point of saying that I didn't want and wouldn't buy them if they came with budget tyres. I paid a touch more, the total was a little over £800.

I paid a touch more, the total was a little over £800.
Sounds good to me.

When i bought my S4 cab a couple of weeks ago, it came with Fullrun 199's on it and they aren't great. :keule:

Some people appear to rate them and I think they are pretty poor in the wet, especially with 339 bhp under my right foot!!:whistle2:

Sounds good to me.

When i bought my S4 cab a couple of weeks ago, it came with Fullrun 199's on it and they aren't great. :keule:

Some people appear to rate them and I think they are pretty poor in the wet, especially with 339 bhp under my right foot!!:whistle2:

Not heard much about the Fullrun 1999's, but with that kind of power, you definately need a good tyre to handle it...

If i didn't do so many miles each year (approx 24k) I'd definately have a petrol again with a simular power output, but it was costing me too much in petrol, so had to swap to diesel. Been running a diesel now for about 4 years.

Mind you, in fairness, my 1.9 TDI SE 130 is no slug.

before I get bigger wheels, has anyone had a problem esp on sports suspension, with rubbing on the front arches?? I'm on standard 16's and theres some light rust where the paints been rubbed off the front edge of the fron arch.

I assume at some point some clot (like me) took a dive off a ramp, bottomed out and rubbed the paint off! Either that or I must have weak springs as it does crash the belly pan sometimes.

Worried that bigger wheels will only cause the problem to occur more often.
Paul

before I get bigger wheels, has anyone had a problem esp on sports suspension, with rubbing on the front arches?? I'm on standard 16's and theres some light rust where the paints been rubbed off the front edge of the fron arch.

I assume at some point some clot (like me) took a dive off a ramp, bottomed out and rubbed the paint off! Either that or I must have weak springs as it does crash the belly pan sometimes.

Worried that bigger wheels will only cause the problem to occur more often.
Paul

I haven't got the sports suspension, but I went from 16's to 19's with no problems and nothing rubs.

I totally agree, a bit of a drop in height would really look fantstic, I've also got the Sport which has lowered suspension and feel it looks just that bit more surefooted.

I wouldn't lowere mine any more than it is as there are quite a few speedbu8mpsm where I live so I could end up ruining my front bumper.

I haven't got the sports suspension, but I went from 16's to 19's with no problems and nothing rubs.

Seeing as you dont have sports suspension you will need to change the dampers aswell as the springs to lower it or it will handle and ride ****.

gotta disagree with james there. mine is also the non sport model, i just changed the springs and mine rides very well and handles equally as good.

I guess I could always start with just the springs and if it wasn't great, I could get the dampers later on.

gotta disagree with james there. mine is also the non sport model, i just changed the springs and mine rides very well and handles equally as good.

Put some proper matched dampers to them springs and tell me what you think.
Handles equally as good is very bad,i have never been in a car that handles as bad as an A4 se.

any more pics from the side to appreciate the dark windows better ?

Cheers

I'll take one or two photos for you tomorrow.

I haven't gone that dark really, 50% on the rear and 35% on the front.

I'll take one or two photos for you tomorrow.

I haven't gone that dark really, 50% on the rear and 35% on the front.

Good combination, thought you would have Limo Blacked it all round..:salute:

Put some proper matched dampers to them springs and tell me what you think.
Handles equally as good is very bad,i have never been in a car that handles as bad as an A4 se.

lol, well mine handles quite nicely. no complaints from me

Good combination, thought you would have Limo Blacked it all round..

I was tempted... Nah, not really ;) I think anymore would be too much, this works well for me and it hasn't really effected night driving either, which is a bonus :)

Yeah I got 50% back and 25% front and like you say pretty much spot on.Dont affect night drive at all and the day is just perfect.
Get them side shots up :icon_thumright:

Here you go, as requested and promised, some more photos of the windows tints. The car is a little dirty today though :(

a4new2.jpg

a4new3.jpg