I've had enough!

Reaction score
It just seems to be one thing after another with this car. Timing chain failure, oil consumption issues, headlight unit part that apparently has vibrated loose from its housing!!! And now an MOT advisory.

Apparently 3 out of the 4 shock absorbers are leaking. £800 to repair. 'I'm very concerned Mr Craig, three of your four shock absorbers have been identified as leaking. Have you been driving off road?'

WTF, if I wanted to go off road I would have bought a Landrover! The car is only on 75k.

What to do...sell the car as it is or get it repaired first?

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I know this doesn't help, but think I have a leaking front shock absorber too on my Avant (91kmiles).
As you have 3 that are leaking, have they advised you to replace all 4?
Reason I ask is that I thought you should replace shocks or springs in pairs rather than individual?

You're right because when I bought the convertible it had a leak on the nearside, so I had both replaced.

Reactions: mancdan
May be better off buying a set of coilovers if your replacing all 4 shockers? :idea:

ps, I wouldn't sell it the way it is, safety thoughts for the next owner, you never know, they may be end up on this forum.

JG

Reactions: V6 Quatt
You could get a set of Bilstein B6 monotone dampers for a lot less then that and run them with the standard springs.

Also as mentioned coilovers are a option and again would be a lot cheaper.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: RS5 JON
I can't wait to see what 2015 brings. Maybe the front wings will fall off Herbie style!

At least if the repair bill next year for what ever the car brings is around £1,000, it will be consistent with previous years!!!

Are coilovers better than OEM shocks? I am interested but don't want a firmer ride.

The ride in an Sline is horrendous anyway, my Coilovers feel either the same or slightly better in my opinion.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Normal spring & shock aren't adjustable.
Coilovers adjustable height by winding them up or down.

Reactions: mister.c., scotty76, mancdan and 1 other person