Ive had my pants pulled down and been conned what should i do

TDI140

Reaction score
Basically heres a story how my life got switched upside down

i bought some BULLDOG adapters off ebay i was told they were hub centric i got them and they wernt i fitted them and my car was shaking like crazy it was horrible handling was really bad and overall a really bad product

i decided to go for fk ones which i now have on the car which are perfect no problems wish i bought these in the first place

i arranged for adapters to be returned and the supplier received them and have refunded me £35 less than i payed for them, he said they have rust on them from the hubs my response was due to them not being hub centric the wheels have been moving up and down moving the adapters causing rubbing and scratching them up his response was "i dont care" im not refunding any more money

A. do i just accept ive been robbed or

B. do i go to his unit 1hour drive and get the money off him face to face ? Or just forget the £35 loss, its not the money its the principle tbh

Really bad customer service and i rate the product minus 10 out of 10 it was appalling quality

Contact your bank and tell them you have returned the product as it was faulty and you want to do a charge back to recover your full payment as the seller is failing to refund you.

Don't go in to the details about the partial refund that has been offered just say the seller is failing to refund you even after he has received the faulty goods back.

Reactions: TDI140
And then i should recieve the full amount ? I even payed £17 postage so thats £17+ £35 which is bang out of order i could have put that towards my air ride

Send him letters, dont visit him. He may see that as threatening and then your screwed all over again.

B) I don't mind comming for a road trip too lol

Lol PayPal should refund you, or at least ebay, ring them up give them the tracking number you sent them by and boom you get a refund! Then proceed to leave him dirty negative rep

He now said its my fault as i fitted to an audi a3, so i asked him what car they should be put on and hes not got an answer as 5x112 fitment is mainly VAG fitment and a few lamborghini's what a complete tool he doesnt know anything And he fabricates these for a living

seriously dont use user name (simonbbc) from ebay he will say anything to make a sale all round worst ebayer I've come across so far

ImageImage Clearly says hubcentric and there not also same centre bore as my a3 i also asked him becore purchasing and he said there perfect to fit, hes clearly in the wrong, he said there damaged now and have scuffs on due to packaging when i wrapped in tissue and bubble wrap to ensure safety buy apparent bubble wrap is crap according to him m, what dis he want a separate car for each bolt and each adapter

Image They were torqued on as well using torque wretch by ETS derby and then taken to speedy's and then put on by me at home with torque wrench and then finally were laughed at by bains tyres in derby for being a waste of time adapters lol

They clearly look hubcentric with a lip on the the adapters but clearly didnt have a centre lip and would clearly not fit on a transporter or andy car with 57.1 centre bore as he stated in his messages Image

Lol my life got switched upside down over £35! I've been stung much worse. How did you pay? As said take it to paypal.

Its not the money as stated before its him taking the Peeee and not having a good enough reason to not refund the remaining cash and coming up with lame excuses to justify his cheap products

If its an ebay purchase then why aren't you taking this up with ebay/paypal, if you prove they've bee returned & its raised as case with tracking data for return, ebay automatically refund you in full.

Asking us if you should go all chest out is a waste of time IMHO, just contact ebay/paypal to deal with it, this is the easiest option.

Reactions: amit91987
If its an ebay purchase then why aren't you taking this up with ebay/paypal, if you prove they've bee returned & its raised as case with tracking data for return, ebay automatically refund you in full.

Asking us if you should go all chest out is a waste of time IMHO, just contact ebay/paypal to deal with it, this is the easiest option.

^^^^^^^ This, but don't expect the postage you paid to deliver the stuff back to him, its not covered. Only postage costs you paid for delivery to you in the first instance is covered under Ebay/Paypal.

K

Reactions: NHN
Agreed, return postage isn't covered, which for me is very unfair if its delivered wrong, damaged or faulty, then why should we be out of pocket, had this argument numerous times.

Reactions: T-800
All day ive had them down ther up now

ebay dispute is underway and had email saying i should revieve remainder of cash

Reactions: Sandra
Email from the seller or ebay?

From seller hes given up i think and has refunded full amount and £17 for postage as well

i feel like a winner

Reactions: kwistof, Zak0123, Kelza and 1 other person
He got his money back, no need to be vindictive.

He got his money back, no need to be vindictive.
If you stand to get something out of it, why not? if the op still needs spacers, and the seller has the correct items, why not? Sure if he has spacers now then its pointless.

I fail to see the point tbh, if he bought a set & they were not very good quality, why would you consider buying another set, only to annoy them, for me you would only be bringing heat on yourself for no reason, he got his money back, go buy some from Damian@dpm, he's a site sponsor, sells great items is a great guy & knows his beans :)

lol if he buys from the seller again, the seller is clearly better off as he now has got another sale? lol i can see a clear winner! lol

JJ

Contact your bank and tell them you have returned the product as it was faulty and you want to do a charge back to recover your full payment as the seller is failing to refund you.

Don't go in to the details about the partial refund that has been offered just say the seller is failing to refund you even after he has received the faulty goods back.

You can only do this if it was paid with a credit card. Just start a reversal process.....if it was a debit card you have no chance as I believe there is no facility to do this.

I already have FK 20mm adapters fitted and there perfect

I would never buy anything off simonbbc

Its like saying I stopped working at the local tesco as the manager was a slave driving idiot. Do I still shop there because its local or do I inconvenience myself and shop ten miles away just so he loses my custom.

From seller hes given up i think and has refunded full amount and £17 for postage as well

i feel like a winner

Nice one. Now time to leave that neg feedback :sly:

Reactions: TDI140 and sliced
Its like saying I stopped working at the local tesco as the manager was a slave driving idiot. Do I still shop there because its local or do I inconvenience myself and shop ten miles away just so he loses my custom.

I'm sorry I don't agree with that analogy, but he's got his money back so for me the point of the thread has been achieved.

why did you fit them if you knew they wernt hubcentric
i would have just sent them back unused