I've just bought...

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
A 1980 BMW M535i for a track car... Pure Straight six and some 218 horses with rollerskates on!

WIll post pics soon... :)

I got it for £100 but needs some welding done, it failed its MOT but the things it has failed on I will just remove from the car as it will be stripped for track racing anyways. I would say around £2k's worth of work will need to be done... Project Legacy M5 is underway :)

Nice choice!

It'll be a costly machine for track use though :)

I had a 535i sport, later model (G reg?) - cracking car!

I agree David - it will be costly on the track lol - the ****** thing drinks more fuel than the Veyron and I only drove it around the block... a few times...quite hard...very hard in fact but anyways...!

It probably would JoJo. Thing is I have never really wanted to take my car on the track for obvious reasons; The original M5 just looks at home on the track (Nurburg ring?) and has more than enough horses to tackle the finer twists and turns, straights etc of most tracks.

I wasnt looking for lap times but more enjoyment of having a rear wheel car, straight six with a certain amount of poke that I wouldnt be too upset if I was to make some school boy errors on the track.

Once the car is done its gonna be awsome...

Stripped out, welded, roll cage, maybe a respray in white with the original Blue and red M power go faster stripes down the side...

Its a E28 M5 so I stand corrected it did have 286BHP but I think 218BHP would be more appropriate now seeing as its a getleman ;p

Awesome - if I had the space, I'd love to buy a second car for trackdays. Keep us posted with the progress as it takes shape! :)

Is it and M5 or M535 Sport? Sounds more like the later..which is good for cost but lower on hp of course...but good fun with rwd.

Well it wouldn't be an M5, unless its an import, as there wasn't one available over here until the E34. The E28 was an M535, which (even beyond the Kane Dingle look) are awesome cars!

its in East Grisntead at the moment mate; I have to arrange a trailer to pick it up for home as its not really road worthy (although I did have a few cheeky laps of fun around the block - it was unadulterated to say the least!) as said it needs some work to make it track safe and then some for Road use... WIll post pics soon - I will more than likley keep some sort of Blog with pics that you guys can reference if your intrested on the work progress etc...

An idea of what I would expect to see if I go down a re-spray route, some people may like the Alpina white look with M power colour scheme, some may not but this in my opinion rocks.

mbilene_m535i_e12_bld1.jpg

I must admit, I do like the Alpina/M power colour scheme. Looks awesome :thumbsup: