I'VE upgrade

Makmbob

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought a mk2 and love it to bite but it comes with the concert audio , I've had quotes around 600 quid to replace it , and seen some on ebay for around 200 , can anyone advise on head replacements.

Cheers
Bob

Depends what you're after as aftermarket presents radio reception issues unless going dab & that's not perfect either, what are you needs.

When I bought my TT last year it had one of the all singing all dancing Xtrons units in it, the sound was great but it would only answer the phone. I couldn't get it to play music from the phone or from my iPod.
I got both of my boys to have a look at it, both of whom are into modern tech in a big way. My oldest lad builds computers and the youngest has just got his HNC in Cyber security so to say that they were tech savvy would be an understatement, and neither one could get the damned thing to work the way I wanted it to.
I got so **ssed of that I decided to buy an Alpine unit, a CDE-W296BT which was made for iPods and iPhones, success!
Now I can listen to my music and answer the phone with no issues. Getting old and falling behind with the modern tech ain't no fun at all, I'm beginning to feel all of my auld git, 62 years. :laughing::laughing:
IMG 4701

The fitter at Halfords had an oops moment when he was checking out the wiring for the steering wheel controls and left me with couple of cracks on the face, consequently they replaced it foc with this and, it suits me just fine!
IMG 4727

They replaced a touchscreen modern unit with that, no offense as you're happy, but I have had that very same xtrons generic unit which worked great, so maybe a dud unit, but that alpine is a terrible spec wise replacement, I'd be ****** & insulted if they offered that to me.

They replaced a touchscreen modern unit with that, no offense as you're happy, but I have had that very same xtrons generic unit which worked great, so maybe a dud unit, but that alpine is a terrible spec wise replacement, I'd be ****** & insulted if they offered that to me.
I understand that you think that the Alpine unit is not up to spec, as it were but, it suits this auld codger just fine.
I know how to work it and it does exactly what I need and want. I picked it from numerous options because it was a good match and I liked it.
I personally hate touch screen units, they always look dirty to me with smears and finger prints all over them, that really offends my OCD. :grinning::grinning:

Reactions: NHN