Jaguar F Type

Adam14

Reaction score
Hi all! Just wondering if any on here has any experience with owning an F Type, I'm considering changing to one, I'm a tall bloke which might put the whole thing down the drain

Anyway just curious if any had owned one, I'd be looking at a 14/15 plate coupe and what they were like to drive and maintain. It'd be the V6 S model.

Something like this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910193489758?atmobcid=soc3

Any input is appreciated!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I have driven one at Millbrook a couple of years ago.
I am 6'5" and the seat had to be right back hard against the bulkhead, still not quite enough room, and it creaked like mad. Loved the car but in my experience not big enough for me.
You will certainly need to try one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have driven one at Millbrook a couple of years ago.
I am 6'5" and the seat had to be right back hard against the bulkhead, still not quite enough room, and it creaked like mad. Loved the car but in my experience not big enough for me.
You will certainly need to try one.

Thanks, I've got a test drive/look around this Saturday! I'm also 6'5" so this is what I'm worri
ed about.
Thanks for your input, appreciate it!

The V6 s I drove did sound really nice, especially round the Alpine loop at Millbrook. I did notice they had speed limit signs up but I didn't get a telling off!

Well I stopped by my local dealer and sat in one, I fit? Had a couple inches headroom which was more than enough, unfortunately they'd sold the one I wanted to test drive so will have to go elsewhere to sort that! But it's on the list!

That's good news

Reactions: Adam14
Great news Adam. Hope you get one.
I'm 5'4 so I'm not the problem but I thought my drive was too narrow. I never checked the width with them looking so wide from the back. I have just checked and autotrader says it's narrower than my jag xe that I had a couple of cars ago. I'm going to look into the 2 litre version and see how wide they are. I'd be happy with the 2 litre

Great news Adam. Hope you get one.
I'm 5'4 so I'm not the problem but I thought my drive was too narrow. I never checked the width with them looking so wide from the back. I have just checked and autotrader says it's narrower than my jag xe that I had a couple of cars ago. I'm going to look into the 2 litre version and see how wide they are. I'd be happy with the 2 litre
Thanks Sara, will be sticking up the S5 after my holiday and will go from there, looking at a V6 S model but as you say it's a great looking car.
Already checked my drive and plenty of room for it!
Look forward to hearing about your thoughts on the 2.0 model!

Hi Adam,
I went to visit the local Jag dealer at Hessle to look at the ftype they have advertised online but it had closed down or moved. I got thinking and thought it really isn't practical and I wouldn't have dared park it up anywhere. They are beautiful and probably attract the jealous types. I'm moving back to a Mercedes. I had one before I got the S3 and I miss it. I've hardly driven the S3. I checked the mileage today and it's only 2.130 miles. I'm going back to an estate but the C43 this time. Practical and nippy so should be able to keep this one. Are you still going for the ftype?

Hi Adam,
I went to visit the local Jag dealer at Hessle to look at the ftype they have advertised online but it had closed down or moved. I got thinking and thought it really isn't practical and I wouldn't have dared park it up anywhere. They are beautiful and probably attract the jealous types. I'm moving back to a Mercedes. I had one before I got the S3 and I miss it. I've hardly driven the S3. I checked the mileage today and it's only 2.130 miles. I'm going back to an estate but the C43 this time. Practical and nippy so should be able to keep this one. Are you still going for the ftype?
I can see what you're saying, but I don't think that's any different to having the S3 when I did or an S5 personally.
I don't really need a practical car at the moment, I'm still waiting for my local dealer to call me back so I can organise a test drive, it's all they're good for as an absolute shambles of a company.

F type is definitely high up in the runnings for sure, I'd love an RS3 but the price of them is a bit out of my budget really as looking to being less a month then I currently am.

Personally think the F Type looks fantastic inside and out. I’d have one in a heartbeat if I didn’t have kids.

Personally think the F Type looks fantastic inside and out. I’d have one in a heartbeat if I didn’t have kids.
I've sat in a few and fallen in love, so planning to make the most of being young and not needing a "practical" car.
Just got to sort selling my S5 in the new year.

However your RS5 looks the business mate

Reactions: Evil Derboy