Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

So l have been chasing my tail since l got my car....So today l downloaded the alloy wheel and tyrw insurance
Read through what it covers and what it doesn't
1.For a start the car registration was FV20 KRO.... Wrong
2. Make of car =Citroën
3.Model of car C1
Only covers up to £150 per refurbished alloy 10 in total cost around £200 for a 20" alloy to be refurbished
4.Only pays up to £150 for a buckled/beyond repair alloy wheel one wheel from Audi is £1180
5.Does not cover polished finished alloy wheels My car has polished finished wheels
6. Replacement of tyre only covers up to £200 per
Basically it's not worth Jack so it's getting canceled tomorrow still within the 30 days cooling off period

• Angry
Reactions: 8YARWY, Snake Pliskin, BarryG79 and 1 other person
So l have been chasing my tail since l got my car....So today l downloaded the alloy wheel and tyrw insurance
2. Make of car =Citroën
3.Model of car C1
Only covers up to £150 per refurbished alloy 10 in total cost around £200 for a 20" alloy to be refurbished
4.Only pays up to £150 for a buckled/beyond repair alloy wheel one wheel from Audi is £1180
5.Does not cover polished finished alloy wheels My car has polished finished wheels
Basically it's not worth Jack so it's getting canceled tomorrow still within the 30 days cooling off period

Looks similar to the one I had when I had my a6. There was one from Audi that covered diamond cut alloys. If I remember right it was £450 back in 2015/16 for the diamond cut version as it was more expensive.
Mine covered £250 per tyre up to a max of 5 in the policy period and I got my monies worth from the tyre insurance alone as I got loads of punctures from builders leaving screws and nails around.
Refurbs isn’t a proper refurb, they will try a smart repairs first.
You will find it hard for any insurance to cover cost of new alloy especially cost of Audi alloys so it’s more a small contribution towards a new one.

Looks similar to the one I had when I had my a6. There was one from Audi that covered diamond cut alloys. If I remember right it was £450 back in 2015/16 for the diamond cut version as it was more expensive.
Mine covered £250 per tyre up to a max of 5 in the policy period and I got my monies worth from the tyre insurance alone as I got loads of punctures from builders leaving screws and nails around.
Refurbs isn’t a proper refurb, they will try a smart repairs first.
You will find it hard for any insurance to cover cost of new alloy especially cost of Audi alloys so it’s more a small contribution towards a new one.
I wasn't told that when l purchased it mate my main concern was alloy wheel replacement not kerbing alloys as l never park my car near one just on them lol

Reactions: AlS3BE
Lol on the Citroën C1, maybe that was the limits of the policy for that car they were quoting Jassy?
These alloy policy covers aren't worth the paper they are written on for high end motors... Also if you need a wheel sorting you have to send the thing off I think... Great when we all have a spare wheel these days... NOT lol.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol on the Citroën C1, maybe that was the limits of the policy for that car they were quoting Jassy?
These alloy policy covers aren't worth the paper they are written on for high end motors... Also if you need a wheel sorting you have to send the thing off I think... Great when we all have a spare wheel these days... NOT lol.
Yup av seen the light as they say alloy repairs = designated repairers of there choice only not your own
There is new set of alloys on eBay if they are still on there at the end of the month l will make the seller an offer

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
2. Make of car =Citroën
3.Model of car C1

I always found those types of polices to be useless, based on the amount of people that curb wheels they would have to cost a fortune for insurance provider to make any money out of them.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I always found those types of polices to be useless, based on the amount of people that curb wheels they would have to cost a fortune for insurance provider to make any money out of them.

Mine was good value. Got 4 tyres out of them which would have costed me best part of a grand and a smart repair on 1 alloy just before I traded it in. Claim process is painless a couple of pictures and a small description. The dealer pretty much did it all for me.

Reactions: NevMan
I tried the alloy wheel insurance with my M40i only to find nobody seemed to offer anything for 21”

Reactions: 8YARWY, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
2. Make of car =Citroën
3.Model of car C1
what a crock !
You do right cancelling it and just put the money in a pot if ever needed to be dipped into.

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Jassyo06
what a crock !
You do right cancelling it and just put the money in a pot if ever needed to be dipped into.
I canceled it this morning mate it'll take a week to be refunded going to put the money towards a new set of 4 alloys as i am in talks with a seller on eBay for a set of 4 new boxed alloys

Reactions: Jcbmally, AlS3BE, NevMan and 1 other person
I canceled it this morning mate it'll take a week to be refunded going to put the money towards a new set of 4 alloys as i am in talks with a seller on eBay for a set of 4 new boxed alloys

Extreme, but may not be a bad shout, especially if you can get for a decent price

Reactions: Jcbmally and 8YARWY
Did you get them mate? Still enjoying the car and have you done anything else to it???

It's like a ghost town on these forums these days :(

Reactions: NevMan, BarryG79, Frizzley and 2 others
Did you get them mate? Still enjoying the car and have you done anything else to it???

It's like a ghost town on these forums these days :(

agree, it’s gone very quiet.

I see someone created a “what do you like best about your 8Y” thread. That has the potential to be the least responded to thread ever

• Haha
Reactions: Bells, 8YARWY, NevMan and 6 others
GT silver in the sun is awesome.

CA4B40E9 9921 4AF1 9D95 995A38DDCA2D

AEB1B752 37BF 407D B69A DA638CCEE3D7

A87D1244 7CA1 4B63 B214 33889195F1F9

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Nige Smith and 9 others
Classic and stunning looking car you have there love the headlight and tail light design on your car the Boxster is far better looking than the coupe 718

Cheers, I’m really pleased with it. And the driving dynamics are on another level to anything I’ve driven before.

It’s going in for a kamikaze ceramic coating next week, can’t wait to see the results as the paint was already popping today in the sun.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 2 others
As for me and the TT..... l am at odds with myself over the colour Turbo Blue sometimes l like it..... a lot of the time l don't..... to be honest my S3 suited it's colour better than my TT does......the interior is stunning in my eyes... seats are great love the Rock Grey leather colour really suits the satin blue paint they but lack shoulder support maybe designed for yer smaller blonde female hairdresser ...lol it's a ****** to dry the car after a wash its got so many places that hold on to water especially the tailgate, open it after it's been raining/washing and the boot gets flooded it's easier to drive it swiftly than my S3 ever was....much more torque mid range acceleration is.....awesome but that's what fast Audi's should do...it feels more powerful than what Audi state....
Still to drive it at night to see how the cabin illuminates up and how good the matrix lights are....not a fan of the push button ignition on the centre console it should be on the dashboard

The alloys are extremely high maintenance....@S32B I didnt buy them alloys as the seller was'nt willing to budge a penny on price even outwith ebay l offered him £1700
Am l gelling with it....???? honestly it's a difficult one but as the Mrs said your never happy with anything YOU................lol took some photos today after l washed it...........not had the time to machine polish it ..well l have on a few panels purchased a Gyeon Synchro ceramic kit but l need a few dry days in a row for this application

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 2 others
Cheers, I’m really pleased with it. And the driving dynamics are on another level to anything I’ve driven before.

It’s going in for a kamikaze ceramic coating next week, can’t wait to see the results as the paint was already popping today in the sun.
Kamikaze is top drawer mate you'll be over the moon with the results

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Chris4410
Here are a few photos from today a very overcast warm day for a change turbo blue looks guff in this light but it is what it is

Attachments

• 20210529_162423.jpg
    20210529_162423.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 101
  • 20210529_162802.jpg
    20210529_162802.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
  • 20210529_162730.jpg
    20210529_162730.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210529_162423.jpg
    20210529_162423.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 100
Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY, Snake Pliskin and 9 others
Here are a few photos from today a very overcast warm day for a change turbo blue looks guff in this light but it is what it is
That blue and the blue interior trim is gorgeous. Didn’t realise the tt had electric seats, about the only thing I miss from my a6 to s3. Wife always moves it and takes me ages to get right again.
I like most of the Audi blues. Sepang, ara, turbo, Nogaro(sp?) and can’t remember what the metallic/Pearl dark blue is called.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Looks awesome, I really like an unfussy style of alloy wheel. And those look great.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person
That blue and the blue interior trim is gorgeous. Didn’t realise the tt had electric seats, about the only thing I miss from my a6 to s3. Wife always moves it and takes me ages to get right again.
I like most of the Audi blues. Sepang, ara, turbo, Nogaro(sp?) and can’t remember what the metallic/Pearl dark blue is called.
The electric seats are wasted on the likes of myself mate only myself drives the car strange thing is though when l turn the ignition on the lumbar support engages and side bolsters inflate...???
Navarra Blue is that the colour you've forgotten Still no Audi connect and the only way of getting it is taking the car to Audi l hate taking a brand new car to a dealership

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person
The electric seats are wasted on the likes of myself mate only myself drives the car strange thing is though when l turn the ignition on the lumbar support engages and side bolsters inflate...???
Navarra Blue is that the colour you've forgotten Still no Audi connect and the only way of getting it is taking the car to Audi l hate taking a brand new car to a dealership

that’s the one, Navarra.
As for your Audi connect, have you registered the e-sim? On my s3 the map updates didn’t work till I was registered. To be fair the dealer should have done most of the setting up before delivery.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
that’s the one, Navarra.
As for your Audi connect, have you registered the e-sim? On my s3 the map updates didn’t work till I was registered. To be fair the dealer should have done most of the setting up before delivery.
The car just says no Sim installed so tthe car then try to use my mobile phones Sim which in turn buggers up my mobile

Reactions: pburv
The car just says no Sim installed so tthe car then try to use my mobile phones Sim which in turn buggers up my mobile
Sounds to me something was missed in the PDI. either needs activated or registered etc
Unless it’s like my old a6 which needed my own SIM card as the earlier audi connect systems/MMI didn’t have the built in sim. I just used a pre paid sim off Amazon/eBay. Found a £20 SIM card lasted about 6 months.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
Looking great mate ;) I did think about black side rings when I saw your pictures...but now????

Rings

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Pinky1959 and 2 others
Sorry mate but we are short of laughs on the forums these days... :)
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bells, NevMan, toooldforboyracing and 8 others
Ming Blue?

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
She,s looking sweet mate. Hope you are enjoying it.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
You need a pic of Ming blue. Too many to remember.
Ming blue
Sorry mate don't know why I suggested it. Only resemblance to blue is the way it's spelt in the description...Brain fart moment lol:stupid:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
I kinda like the TT from this angle going to get some properly nice photos took in a nice location soon
fce408f5dbe96757c05366abf3ae2ab0.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, S32B and 6 others
I kinda like the TT from this angle going to get some properly nice photos took in a nice location soon
fce408f5dbe96757c05366abf3ae2ab0.jpg

Looks awesome mate . I love the rock grey seats . Not a big lover of the colour coded interior trim but each to their own mate . What about the fuel filler ? I bought a spare one and had gloss black as didn't know of id like it . But when fitted on my daytona grey I love it . Again that's just my view not everyone's choice

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Frizzley and 1 other person
Looks awesome mate . I love the rock grey seats . Not a big lover of the colour coded interior trim but each to their own mate . What about the fuel filler ? I bought a spare one and had gloss black as didn't know of id like it . But when fitted on my daytona grey I love it . Again that's just my view not everyone's choice

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I have been searching for a gloss black fuel flap but all that are for sale are in the USA most are carbon as well of which l want to avoid as gloss black and carbon dont match in my opinion...the satin blue interior trim is just there to lighten up the interior up not a fan of the standard slate grey trim the 2021 TTS is very restricted on interior leather and exterior paint colour combos....gone is the option of black leather with red stitching...even if it where available you cant have it with Turbo blue....rock grey l am very happy with not as light as Lunar silver leather but not as dark as black.....to be honest once sat in the car l dont notice the blue trim.....lol

Have you got some photos of the black fuel flap...???

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jcbmally
TBF @jassyo06 the TTs had a lot to look up to with your previous S3 but the interior of your new one is sweet. I like the look of the exterior but I will admit the S3 was lovely in that blue, but hey WTF do I know !! I change my cars more than me kecks :blow:

Reactions: NevMan, AllanG, pburv and 1 other person
When I had my TTRS I had a look into this and this guy had some good reviews on the tt forum - might be worth a look

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person