Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

does anyone know if the cars come with pre configured holes for plate mounts or does it require a drill ???
Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Mine were already there mate with little metal clips/threads, the mounts have multiple holes in them that you use to fix to the car, just find the best to fit by moving the mount around! If they are not already drilled, I'd expect an outline to drill into!

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Thread moved to the "Crotch Rocket section" Moderator must have too much time on their hands for such a petty act....last time l looked a TT has 4 wheels and not 2 ie "Crotch Rocket"so less of the cheek whoever you are

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Sandra
Mine were already there mate with little metal clips/threads, the mounts have multiple holes in them that you use to fix to the car, just find the best to fit by moving the mount around! If they are not already drilled, I'd expect an outline to drill into!
Same here - when I swapped out my screwed in plates from the standard plastic/perspex ones (which were shot to bits) to 3M sticky pad mounted pressed metal jobbies, there were factory pre-drilled holes, allowing some movement to align mounted plates to your heart's content. Reckon you'll be fine pal. Only one way to find out though. Oh, and I just went out and did the knock with my knuckle test - the panel on the S3 where the number plate is mounted ain't metal, so likely to be the same install design as yours mate. Blatant and inexcusable opportunity to post m'favourite pic of the car. Again. Lol.

IMG 2241

Your new gloss black badges look ace (OEM I assume?). Don't sweat the lack of alignment between TTS and Audi rings badges on the rear - I get where you're coming from (that stuff makes my OCD twitch), just let it go, it' s a factory decision and would look odd if you aligned them differently as a result.

Good luck with the wing install tomorrow - looking forward to seeing the results - this thread's the only thing keeping me coming on here at the moment. Only so many pix I can post of me cleaning my car, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Kayobong and 4 others
Same here - when I swapped out my screwed in plates from the standard plastic/perspex ones (which were shot to bits) to 3M sticky pad mounted pressed metal jobbies, there were factory pre-drilled holes, allowing some movement to align mounted plates to your heart's content. Reckon you'll be fine pal. Only one way to find out though. Oh, and I just went out and did the knock with my knuckle test - the panel on the S3 where the number plate is mounted ain't metal, so likely to be the same install design as yours mate. Blatant and inexcusable opportunity to post m'favourite pic of the car. Again. Lol.

View attachment 236767

Your new gloss black badges look ace (OEM I assume?). Don't sweat the lack of alignment between TTS and Audi rings badges on the rear - I get where you're coming from (that stuff makes my OCD twitch), just let it go, it' s a factory decision and would look odd if you aligned them differently as a result.

Good luck with the wing install tomorrow - looking forward to seeing the results - this thread's the only thing keeping me coming on here at the moment. Only so many pix I can post of me cleaning my car, lol.
Cheer s mate i'll fit the plate holder this weekend l think the plate area on the TT is damn large compared with the A3's hence the plate looks lost on it,yeah £225 for OEM badges...rip off so when you going for high gloss black emblems a wee makeover for your ornament lol

99% sure the RS wing fits, both base plinths are identical its just the top part that differs in its designs but there is always that 1% of doubt...lol so if l dont post any photos tomorrow you'll know that it did'nt fit and also i'll be in a padded room....somewhere lol

Reactions: pburv, TYb, Frizzley and 3 others
We're on the same page pal - the OEM badges are an absolute rip-off, but they know fella's like you and I will pay it. Take some solice in knowing you'll be in an uber -select club of Turbo Blue TTS Vorsprung owners who have made the understated and classy mods you have (that'll be a club of 1 then). Hope you're not flying over the cuckoo's nest after the RS wing attempt (you get the big balls medal of honour for attempting that one pal). Fortune favours the brave...

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Think l am already in the TTS Nutter club even without fitting this rear wing lol as they dont sell many TTS/TT Vorsprung models and it was Audi Grimsby first... oh by the way after the last post l went out and sat the RS wing on top the existing wing and they are identical but just a different style got it all machine polished and ceramic coated....then wrapped in protection film....how sad lol
All wrapped
04b7001614c1c7bf5db406590adbe27a.jpg

Reactions: pburv, AllanG, Jimbob76 and 3 others
Thread moved to the "Crotch Rocket section" Moderator must have too much time on their hands for such a petty act....last time l looked a TT has 4 wheels and not 2 ie "Crotch Rocket"so less of the cheek whoever you are

Ridiculous. ONLY decent thread on here at the mo

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Sandra and 1 other person
After the rear wing being sat in the conservatory for almost 5 months it's fitted not the best photo but I'll get a few more soon am over the moon with it and glad to see the back of the standard rear wing
d56f366df15c55a676891332ca37c653.jpg
56ef4f1d25ccb0eccce34365316760a9.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Andy F, pburv and 12 others
Looking very classy James

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jassyo06
After the rear wing being sat in the conservatory for almost 5 months it's fitted not the best photo but I'll get a few more soon am over the moon with it and glad to see the back of the standard rear wing

TTS looking mega, it's great to see audi are still making some decent new, nice looking models.

That new cape wing looks ready to fly!

Most like the choice of rims, perfect, love the solid 5 spokes, not just how they look but how easy they are to keep them clean.

The cool blue tones/touches in the interior just sets it off. Yep, a classy motor for you.

Be scared to death leaving it parked too long in that carpark. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, NevMan and 2 others
I am delighted with it @Sandra it was bit of gamble just buying it from Hungary right through to getting/hoping it fitted the car now feels more personal to me strange but it didn't before and it's the first dry and sunny day that av had the car out on the road

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Jimbob76 and 2 others
Definitely worth the wait -really suits the car :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Jimbob76 and 2 others
Looks 100 times better
Even just the black rings and TTS changes the look
Adding the spoiler just takes it a good few notches further up the ‘ I love it ladder’
Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Jimbob76, NevMan and 1 other person

Quality mate, looking spot on

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
A couple more lol just the Audi beam,dashcams rear plate holder ceramic coating but l need a breather got other more important things to do..so Avril says time out from the car...true though
633be0798ef9e3afc4f288effd8ce90a.jpg
656b7f915d728ffa138d7339887b6519.jpg
646e5641ad428deb8980986834ecbe4e.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Chris4410, Snake Pliskin, S32B and 8 others
More like...looking very Lairy....lol it is a bit shouty the TT still looks very fresh looking considering it's a 7 year old design really glad l got one before Audi stop its production

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Sandra and 1 other person
Cheer s mate i'll fit the plate holder this weekend l think the plate area on the TT is damn large compared with the A3's hence the plate looks lost on it,yeah £225 for OEM badges...rip off so when you going for high gloss black emblems a wee makeover for your ornament lol

99% sure the RS wing fits, both base plinths are identical its just the top part that differs in its designs but there is always that 1% of doubt...lol so if l dont post any photos tomorrow you'll know that it did'nt fit and also i'll be in a padded room....somewhere lol
£225 for the badges :wtf:! I knew they weren’t cheap, but that is completely mental. Do look good though:thumbs up:

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jassyo06
A couple more lol just the Audi beam,dashcams rear plate holder ceramic coating but l need a breather got other more important things to do..so Avril says time out from the car...true though

Absolutely loved your voodoo S3, but this is on another level. Just everything about it looks stunning. Take a break as you say and enjoy it for a while.

Classy mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Absolutely loved your voodoo S3, but this is on another level. Just everything about it looks stunning. Take a break as you say and enjoy it for a while.
That's is a real compliment mate thank you

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and SPIKE_
£225 for the badges :wtf:! I knew they weren’t cheap, but that is completely mental. Do look good though:thumbs up:
S3 gloss black addendum are cheaper its the extra letter T in the badge yer paying more for lol absolutely everything is getting more expensive these days mate

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Sandra

Truly stunning mate
Apologies for not being on the forum much mate. Like others have said I,v only been following your thread . Not much going on at the moment
Anyways that,s a sharp looking motor you have there.

Reactions: 8YARWY, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 2 others

View attachment 236767

Nice pic mate

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jimbob76, NevMan and 1 other person
Looking very nice, my SQ's still in the 'new car' category but the b7's been in the family for quite a while now so I'll maybe buy that one off you when the time comes:cool:

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and pburv
Truly stunning mate
Apologies for not being on the forum much mate. Like others have said I,v only been following your thread . Not much going on at the moment
Anyways that,s a sharp looking motor you have there.

same here @jassyo06

car looks incredible mate, absolutely stunning !

Reactions: pburv, Andy F, NevMan and 2 others
Hi @jassy 06
that car is stunning and the spoiler just adds to it .
I was wondering if you had wheel abd tyre insurance and gap or the rti as they call it now and if so where did you get it from .
Thanks and sorry to interrupt the thread .

Hi @jassy 06
that car is stunning and the spoiler just adds to it .
I was wondering if you had wheel abd tyre insurance and gap or the rti as they call it now and if so where did you get it from .
Thanks and sorry to interrupt the thread .

Hi pal l have the Audi alloy and tyre insurance bought from Audi £400 had to as its around £1200 per alloy alone from Audi, don't know how much a tyre is but l guess around £240 GAP was £280 for 3 years car insurance fully comp with every option £370 my S3 when l insured it last year was £620

These alloys are beautiful but they look very fragile as the diamond cut surface is virtually mirror like...i'll ceramic coat them soon as l can as will the car

Decided not to go through with the Xpel ppf as l just could not justify spending £1500 on the car as l have spent enough on it it'll be a fair weather driven car

it's silly fast as l keep on saying so so much torque in gear acceleration in dynamic mode just makes me start laughing.....like it made me laugh today driving it over to my wee mums house....it'll stay there until the plague of birds that are shitting around my own house atm subsides at the end of month it's relentless removed around 50 bird shits off my car yesterday

it got a bit of attention today it being Sunday plus l had just washed it....l love it sounds great like l have said even though it doesn't pop nor bang

Hate the length of the fooking doors really.... do, but the THUNK sound they give off when closing is one of the reasons why we all used buy an Audi for
Hate it once it's rained as when you open the tailgate and it floods the boot space
Dislike the key less entry
Dont miss the pan-roof like l thought l would
Dislike frame less doors....where the window always pops down a bit
Rear space well they might not have bothered put any bench in at all
Driver foot well is tiny how did they managed to fit a clutch pedal into this space is beyond me
Rear oleds are very nice/up to date and the led dynamic/cascading indicators are more flube like in operation no dot matrix led modules are visible in operation oem fitted tail lights are old looking compared to the new Audi models
The front dynamic turn indicators on the matrix lights are noticeable as these a 7 year old design but work just as good as they did in my 8v
Turning circle is what you'd expect diabolical and Audi have the stupidity to fit the car with a self parking function.....lol like to see that operation
The new rear wing is the icing on the cake it's a wee bit wider than the OEM TTS black wing but it suits the car better as its mostly painted in the same colour best £700 bangers l have ever spent on a car the only place you can get one now is from Audi themselves.....
I'll post more photos once the car has machined polished and ceramic coated

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, NevMan and 2 others
Hi pal l have the Audi alloy and tyre insurance bought from Audi £400 had to as its around £1200 per alloy alone from Audi, don't know how much a tyre is but l guess around £240 GAP was £280 for 3 years car insurance fully comp with every option £370 my S3 when l insured it last year was £620

These alloys are beautiful but they look very fragile as the diamond cut surface is virtually mirror like...i'll ceramic coat them soon as l can as will the car

Decided not to go through with the Xpel ppf as l just could not justify spending £1500 on the car as l have spent enough on it it'll be a fair weather driven car

it's silly fast as l keep on saying so so much torque in gear acceleration in dynamic mode just makes me start laughing.....like it made me laugh today driving it over to my wee mums house....it'll stay there until the plague of birds that are shitting around my own house atm subsides at the end of month it's relentless removed around 50 bird shits off my car yesterday

it got a bit of attention today it being Sunday plus l had just washed it....l love it sounds great like l have said even though it doesn't pop nor bang

Hate the length of the fooking doors really.... do, but the THUNK sound they give off when closing is one of the reasons why we all used buy an Audi for
Hate it once it's rained as when you open the tailgate and it floods the boot space
Dislike the key less entry
Dont miss the pan-roof like l thought l would
Rear space well they might not have bothered put any bench in at all
Driver foot well is tiny how did they managed to fit a clutch pedal into this space is beyond me
Rear oleds are very nice/up to date and the led dynamic/cascading indicators are more flube like in operation no dot matrix led modules are visible in operation oem fitted tail lights are old looking compared to the new Audi models
The front dynamic turn indicators on the matrix lights are noticeable as these a 7 year old design but work just as good as they did in my 8v
Turning circle is what you'd expect diabolical and Audi have the stupidity to fit the car with a self parking function.....lol like to see that operation
The new rear wing is the icing on the cake it's a wee bit wider than the OEM TTS black wing but it suits the car better as its mostly painted in the same colour best £700 bangers l have ever spent on a car the only place you can get one now is from Audi themselves.....
I'll post more photos once the car has machined polished and ceramic coated
I think a combination of PPF and ceramic is the best way to go, the PPF is there to help against stone chips which happen regardless of the weather conditions, so only driving the car in the dry is not going to mitigate the chances of getting one.

I am having the side skirts and rear quarters PPF on mine, as these are the really vulnerable areas on a Porsche. The rest of the car will have a ceramic coating applied, just haven’t decided which coating to go for.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
I think a combination of PPF and ceramic is the best way to go, the PPF is there to help against stone chips which happen regardless of the weather conditions, so only driving the car in the dry is not going to mitigate the chances of getting one.

I am having the side skirts and rear quarters PPF on mine, as these are the really vulnerable areas on a Porsche. The rest of the car will have a ceramic coating applied, just haven’t decided which coating to go for.

Best kit out there is this

Reactions: Chris4410 and pburv

I NEED a holiday far more than my car needs Xpel whenever that will be allowed already had 2 holidays cancelled this month alone...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
I NEED a holiday far more than my car needs Xpel whenever that will be allowed already had 2 holidays cancelled this month alone...

I hear you, hopefully getting away for 5 days in July and we have Florida booked for October, but it’s anybody’s guess if we will actually be allowed to go at the moment.

Watch those on a frosty morning mate, sometimes they don't go down fully and the motor gets stuck in a down-up-down-up-down-up routine...it sounds horrible as if the motor will burn out. I keep an old debit card handy and run it down between the glass and rubber seal to break any frost off.

Also get a Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick, you put it around the rubber door seal and it stop the doors and glass sticking to the rubber again when it's cold! https://www.micksgarage.com/g/dash-rubber-and-plastics/products/4d212517984/gummi-pflege-stift-100ml. I think Sonax also do a version which looks like a hard pop up glue stick, like a lipstick!

Watch those on a frosty morning mate, sometimes they don't go down fully and the motor gets stuck in a down-up-down-up-down-up routine...it sounds horrible as if the motor will burn out. I keep an old debit card handy and run it down between the glass and rubber seal to break any frost off.

Also get a Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick, you put it around the rubber door seal and it stop the doors and glass sticking to the rubber again when it's cold! https://www.micksgarage.com/g/dash-rubber-and-plastics/products/4d212517984/gummi-pflege-stift-100ml. I think Sonax also do a version which looks like a hard pop up glue stick, like a lipstick!
Thanks for the heads up on the window seals mate

Reactions: S32B, pburv and NevMan
I hear you, hopefully getting away for 5 days in July and we have Florida booked for October, but it’s anybody’s guess if we will actually be allowed to go at the moment.

I should have been going there then, but didn't have the confidence to book - so probably next year for me.
So much new stuff there I want to see - so enjoy if you do go,

Reactions: Chris4410 and Jassyo06
Thanks for the heads up on the window seals mate

Yeah I was gonna mention that - the window drop on cold morning if window is frozen.
Minor issue though.
Yes I did warn you the doors are HUGE lol :)

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
I should have been going there then, but didn't have the confidence to book - so probably next year for me.
So much new stuff there I want to see - so enjoy if you do go,

We go to Florida at least once a year, last year was the first time in over 15 years we hadn't been.

We were last there in October 2019, quite a lot of new things opened since then so really hoping we get to go. Also 30th anniversary of Halloween Horror nights this year, this is our favourite event and we will be gutted if we miss such a milestone event.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
We go to Florida at least once a year, last year was the first time in over 15 years we hadn't been.

We were last there in October 2019, quite a lot of new things opened since then so really hoping we get to go. Also 30th anniversary of Halloween Horror nights this year, this is our favourite event and we will be gutted if we miss such a milestone event.
I am sure if your anything like myself you'll get your holiday in Florida just need to be patient

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Chris4410