Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

My mate was advised against a golf 8 by the service guy at our local vw dealer.....lots of issues apparently.
So what's the issue with the TT after such a short time and does the title need changing again to Jassy's TTS misadventure?

Crikey you'll be into SUV's before you know it lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, 45bvtc, pburv and 2 others
My dislike of white cars came from owning 2 white cars in succession....l dislike Turbo even more
Never liked white saloon cars as they're widely used for weddings
The Golf is nice in white it has more than enough black addenda to break up the colour...so you've got a lot black/white contrast on most of the panels

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Wedding cars! :stupid: funny guy lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06
Wow, that was short lived Jassy... All the hassle of getting it delivered as well. What's peeing you off the most about it... Comfort, ride, engine..."blue rinse" not matching the interior lol.
You've got a really exclusive motor at the mo and to chop it for something that will be 10 to a penny once chips become available and lease deals kick in is a shame... But hey upto you fella

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
Reported issues about the mk8 Golf aside, I just can’t get on with the looks of it. Still think the mk7.5 is much nicer looking. Agree with @Chris4410 that the TCR is the better looking car. I’d give the TTS a few more months before deciding to move it on @jassyo06, but that’s easy for me to say!!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris4410 and pburv
Are there not a lot of issues with current Golf's, particularly the electronics?

As with the previous one, seen a lot of lease deals coming up on them meaning the roads will be flooded with them again.

The GTI Clubsport would be a better shout IMO, better looking car as well.

I like the clubsport, minus the decals which you can specify without

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, SPIKE_ and 2 others
Clubsport 45 with Akra exhaust in standard spec

07429c9be4ec9f722a5e837de8dc7171.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and NevMan
And under the £40k road tax hike

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and 8YARWY
Is that 0 - 60 time correct? why almost a second slower than the S3 - not that its important just interested given the same power

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
MK8 R looks best in black with the performance pack and 19s in my opion.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Is that 0 - 60 time correct? why almost a second slower than the S3 - not that its important just interested given the same power

awd makes better launches in the s3.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
MK8 R looks best in black with the performance pack and 19s in my opion.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Until you drive down a British road and it gets covered in dust then shat on by a pigeon

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, RS3 S., Frizzley and 3 others

FWD car.

Not 4wd, which I think will make the CS 45 a more interesting drive!

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, AlS3BE and 1 other person
Until you drive down a British road and it gets covered in dust then shat on by a pigeon

That goes for any colours :wink:
I don’t even need to drive the car and it’s covered in dust and crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
That goes for any colours :wink:
I don’t even need to drive the car and it’s covered in dust and ****.
I work in a seaside town and whenever I wash any of my cars the 'effing' gulls have a go
seagull ****.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally, S32B, RS3 S. and 9 others
Definitely! With the tech and LSD’s they can put the power down. Much rather 300bhp FWD than RWD in the wet

That new Seat is one ugly car mate copper embellishments Jeezo......
You can get them without the copper colour alloys :)
will do mate Clubsport or the R with a good spec would do me even in white Pan roof 19s are a must though
When I asked the sales guy what he'd go for Gti, Clubsport or R, he said Clubsport! Said one of his customers just traded in the R for the Club and said he preferred it as he felt more in control of it, a real drivers car. said the R is just too easy to drive.
I like the clubsport, minus the decals which you can specify without
lol exactly what I asked the sales guy, can they be taken off :D Showing our age!!! :p

@jassyo06 Main reason for selling the TT???

Reactions: Jcbmally, SPIKE_, NevMan and 1 other person
Definitely! With the tech and LSD’s they can put the power down. Much rather 300bhp FWD than RWD in the wet

Yes as they have a Haldex unit on the front axle.

You can get them without the copper colour alloys :)

When I asked the sales guy what he'd go for Gti, Clubsport or R, he said Clubsport! Said one of his customers just traded in the R for the Club and said he preferred it as he felt more in control of it, a real drivers car. said the R is just too easy to drive.

lol exactly what I asked the sales guy, can they be taken off :D Showing our age!!! :p

@jassyo06 Main reason for selling the TT???

Haha, we are indeed mate. Any details on what deals on offer? One issue with VW is the APR. Which is why I will possibly be on a lookout for a lease deal

Picking up the car from the detailer tonight, but he sent me a couple of photos.

87B03C28 4F68 4C8E B1E4 B72CFE128AB6
6CF209A4 529B 43B3 9B82 BB2269E0CC85
8E95B486 73DA 4B20 BAC3 62A146696D40
697918DA 66E9 4997 975B 9C524C293193

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, SPIKE_, S32B and 7 others
Lovely

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Sandra and 1 other person
Reactions: Chris4410, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Well l was offered asking price by 2 small independent dealers from the north of England 6 others l could'nt be ***** with too many questions About this and that l thought didnt you read the ad...****** off

So l thought long and hard about plus and minus points about my car compared to what l had in mind a G8R ...sometimes you just cant see the tree's from the woods ....this was me over the last 3 weeks...l just could not appreciate what l actually had....."l listened to the Mrs for once lol" l do now.....it's silly fast and sounds better than any of VAGS wltp EA888 engine variants l am blowing my own trumpet here but l am as good as any detailer you'd pay to do yer car but l just dont have the time nor the ideal facilities to do the job the car deserves....so l am going down the detailer route but any hows all good in da Jassy hood for the time being

• Haha
Reactions: AllanG, Chris4410, BarryG79 and 5 others
Well l was offered asking price by 2 small independent dealers from the north of England 6 others l could'nt be ***** with too many questions About this and that l thought didnt you read the ad...****** off

So l thought long and hard about plus and minus points about my car compared to what l had in mind a G8R ...sometimes you just cant see the tree's from the woods ....this was me over the last 3 weeks...l just could not appreciate what l actually had....."l listened to the Mrs for once lol" l do now.....it's silly fast and sounds better than any of VAGS wltp EA888 engine variants l am blowing my own trumpet here but l am as good as any detailer you'd pay to do yer car but l just dont have the time nor the ideal facilities to do the job the car deserves....so l am going down the detailer route but any hows all good in da Jassy hood for the time being
If I read this correctly (had a few tinnies lol) your keeping the lovely TTS, it's a cracking motor and I'm not sure you could handle SWMBO stating "fooking told you so" if you get rid of another lovely motor.

• Haha
Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
If I read this correctly (had a few tinnies lol) your keeping the lovely TTS, it's a cracking motor and I'm not sure you could handle SWMBO stating "fooking told you so" if you get rid of another lovely motor.
Like to be a fly on the wall with that conversation. lol
I'm glad @jassyo06 you have decided to keep it :friends:
At least it added a bit of drama to the forum:whistle2:

Reactions: BarryG79, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
I'm glad @jassyo06 you have decided to keep it :friends:
At least it added a bit of drama to the forum:whistle2:

Nothing out there mate the G8R looks like a modded brick compared the TT that white car was sold on Monday.....great deal good spec if you wanted one with £4k off it.
l would require the full Monty of options NONE available

Nothing out there mate the G8R looks like a modded brick compared the TT that white car was sold on Monday.....great deal good spec if you wanted one with £4k off it.
l would require the full Monty of options NONE available
I think you made the right decision mate:yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Ditto mate 4 can Dan here as well...lol scunnered another holiday canceled June 30th......it's a ****** Banana republic were living in at the moment corruption is rife.....to shut down Portugal after the football was just one example of such corruption...best bet is to find out when Boris flying out on his hols then you'll know yer safe for the fortnight

Reactions: pburv, AllanG, BarryG79 and 3 others
Wtf is going on here
You’d never see me change my mind so many times
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Ditto mate 4 can Dan here as well...lol scunnered another holiday canceled June 30th......it's a ****** Banana republic were living in at the moment corruption is rife.....to shut down Portugal after the football was just one example of such corruption...best bet is to find out when Boris flying out on his hols then you'll know yer safe for the fortnight
100% agree fella, funny thing is they all think that we don't know they are all corrupt, mind boggling fookwits, anyway time to get the Jim Bean out. :witless:

• Haha
Reactions: pburv

Came to your senses…for now

• Haha
Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
He would be cowering in the corner saying "I know, yes dear, but, ok dear" :slap::cower::respekt:

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

You’ve made the right decision! I’m sure once you get it detailed, you will fully appreciate what you’ve got. What are you planning for it detailing wise?

Definitely the right decision to hold on to it @jassyo06
Keep it, drive it and enjoy it for at least 6 months before making any decisions.

Gorgeous looking finish money well spent mate

Cheers mate, I’m really pleased with the results.

Ive definitely found a detailer that I am happy to hand my car over to. Bonus was he owned a 675LT that he was happy to show me around when I was picking the car up.

Cheers mate, I’m really pleased with the results.

Ive definitely found a detailer that I am happy to hand my car over to. Bonus was he owned a 675LT that he was happy to show me around when I was picking the car up.
675 lt Must be plenty of dosh to be made in the detailing malarkey

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Chris4410 and 1 other person