Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

Jassy, how's the seat bolsters looking now? Mine are looking pretty horrendous and it's only been just over a month with someone in the passenger seat maybe 10/12 times at most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me seat bolsters are still the same mate, big wrinkle on the drivers, per day one, passengers seat well that's not been used since day one, my advice book into Audi mate and see what they say

Reactions: Rolly12
@jassyo06 What blue is...Thee of all knowledge on Audi colours :respekt: It looks good on the TT

6586-1448191780-acb55dd1634a4444b3a7977a10320545.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68
Me seat bolsters are still the same mate, big wrinkle on the drivers, per day one, passengers seat well that's not been used since day one, my advice book into Audi mate and see what they say

Tried this before when the leather in my S3 has sagged and went baggy, they said it was well within guidelines. Basically if they don’t have holes in or split seams, you have no chance.

Tried this before when the leather in my S3 has sagged and went baggy, they said it was well within guidelines. Basically if they don’t have holes in or split seams, you have no chance.

That's not true mate, there's been a few on here with seat covers replaced, and @Rolly12 S3 car is just over a month old, so he may have a case to put forward, as l said it doesn't do any harm to bring it to there attention

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Mine too, well will be if Stockport Audi stop d1cking about.

When I booked the car in it was all agreed, seat base to be replaced under warranty.

Fast foward three week to the morning i dropped the car off to get the work done "sorry the seat base isn't available it will be about 3 weeks, plus we need to see the car to get the replacement under warranty approved"

And now the funniest comment from that conversation "the seat base is made to order based on your chassis number" oh get stuffed, its a standard A3 interior, just like the other gazillion and 1 FL S Line cars on the planet. One thing I cant stand is people trying to blag their way out of a 7uck up. Just admit it, you'll get more respect

I had a bad experience with a BQ kitchen, utter dog sh1t customer service, Audi are getting dangerously close.

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
Mine too, well will be if Stockport Audi stop d1cking about.

When I booked the car in it was all agreed, seat base to be replaced under warranty.

Fast foward three week to the morning i dropped the car off to get the work done "sorry the seat base isn't available it will be about 3 weeks, plus we need to see the car to get the replacement under warranty approved"

And now the funniest comment from that conversation "the seat base is made to order based on your chassis number" oh get stuffed, its a standard A3 interior, just like the other gazillion and 1 FL S Line cars on the planet. One thing I cant stand is people trying to blag their way out of a 7uck up. Just admit it, you'll get more respect

I had a bad experience with a BQ kitchen, utter dog sh1t customer service, Audi are getting dangerously close.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted soon mate, nothing worse when you just get a new car

That's not true mate, there's been a few on here with seat covers replaced, and @Rolly12 S3 car is just over a month old, so he may have a case to put forward, as l said it doesn't do any harm to bring it to there attention

My S3 always had bum shaped sagged seats, two loose baggy sections in the base and I hate a photo of the car like it in the showroom!
Audi brought out a chart showing some horribly worn leather, stating mine was perfect and as expected because leather is a "natural" product.

Below photos are at two weeks old.
cb9512f91434df6a764704188b3e2c05.jpg

2e5de286912a949939bdda642a6997af.jpg

5 months old
3ffcb61af2a73b6b630b5814d665b46d.jpg

11 months old
bf29f1b104bfda57628261f1012603aa.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and MattSedg
My S3 always had bum shaped sagged seats, two loose baggy sections in the base and I hate a photo of the car like it in the showroom!
Audi brought out a chart showing some horribly worn leather, stating mine was perfect and as expected because leather is a "natural" product.

Below photos are at two weeks old.
cb9512f91434df6a764704188b3e2c05.jpg

2e5de286912a949939bdda642a6997af.jpg

5 months old
3ffcb61af2a73b6b630b5814d665b46d.jpg

11 months old
bf29f1b104bfda57628261f1012603aa.jpg

The Seating part is what l would call acceptable,my car from new ie collection day had dents in this area....on the furtest away panel,it actually looks like scarring from the coo rubbing its **** against some barbed wire

Attachments

• DSC_0058.JPG
    DSC_0058.JPG
    932.7 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
The Seating part is what l would call acceptable,my car from new ie collection day had dents in this area....on the furtest away panel,it actually looks scarring from the coo rubbing its **** against some barbed wire

I complained because the car was brand new, but they didn’t care.

I haven’t seen the RS3 Seats yet without a cover, so that will be interesting I wish I’d checked them now.

I complained because the car was brand new, but they didn’t care.

I haven’t seen the RS3 Seats yet without a cover, so that will be interesting I wish I’d checked them now.

Lunar silver should'nt be as prone/show as much defects in the leather as black,mines didnt.....

Lunar silver should'nt be as prone/show as much defects in the leather as black,mines didnt.....

The rears did look absolutely flawless, so hopefully the same for the front. But, the seat covers on there open up and expose the bolster to allow height adjustment. The drivers bolster is already black haha!

They have stayed on because they are getting coated before I sit in them with jeans on.

How is the S3 treating you? Still saving the pennies for XPEL?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
The rears did look absolutely flawless, so hopefully the same for the front. But, the seat covers on there open up and expose the bolster to allow height adjustment. The drivers bolster is already black haha!

They have stayed on because they are getting coated before I sit in them with jeans on.

Love the car mate...cant wait to get it pro detailed...even though l could do it myself but the weather makes that impossible, yeah will get the expel done in Jan.....car is off the road as of today.l have only done 500 miles in it in since l drove it up from London....5 weeks ago,so its got 1k miles on the clock now,gave it a snow foam and quick coating of contact less fireball premium easy coat tonight...in the dark.....lol......paying all that money for a paint colour.....really does ma box...in....shoulda just gone for lbis......lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1 and Tom.H

you wont get any dye transfer on the Lunar....its sturdy stuff.....and far easier to keep pristine than you think.....best colour of leather Audi use.....but l see Audi dont use it on the door cards of the RS3.....

Love the car mate...cant wait to get it pro detailed...even though l could do it myself but the weather makes that impossible, yeah will get the expel done in Jan.....car is off the road as of today.l have only done 500 miles in it in since l drove it up from London....5 weeks ago,so its got 1k miles on the clock now,gave it a snow foam and quick coating of contact less fireball premium easy coat tonight...in the dark.....lol......paying all that money for a paint colour.....really does ma box...in....shoulda just gone for lbis......lol

That’s brilliant news, it looks a right stunner you should be happy with it! That’s the thing for me, I paid extra for Exclusive it would be madness to spend just over half the price of it stopping stone chips. Shame I can’t get all the car done to make keying it a lot harder, but £4K is a bit steep.

Don’t know how the hell you’ve driven it so little, I will probably do 500 miles in the first week. S3 got sold on October 13th, been without a car of my own for what seems like eternity haha. The RS3 is just a toy, so I will enjoy putting needless miles on it to start with.

I heard that Fireball stuff is good, never had it on one of my own though.

Salesman when mine turned up said “I’m really glad it’s not white”, having heard of the dreaded Ibis rumour....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and MattSedg
you wont get any dye transfer on the Lunar....its sturdy stuff.....and far easier to keep pristine than you think.....best colour of leather Audi use.....but l see Audi dont use it on the door cards of the RS3.....

Really? If I’d had £1 for every person that has told me I’m a fool for getting light seats it would have paid for them by now haha!!

I’ve been told the leather isn’t very good quality at the lower back of the Super Sports? Not sure if there is any truth in that. I always wear medium quality jeans, Next jeans and hope they don’t have a bad effect on the seats.

I will say, the seats are darker than I remember.. always remembered them to be more white, I see where the silver comes from now.

On the RS3 PFL the Lunar interior did colour the door cards, but in Audi fashion and ripping the consumer off further on the FL’s the door cards stay black :( :( Only the seats and armrest are Lunar.

You Guys May find that the super sports seat ‘bases’ are a tad firmer than the regular seats & thus are less prone to sag.

No matter what anyone says, the super sports seats are fundamentally a different construction to the regular seats including the bases even though visually the bases look very similar.

Has mine nearly 2 years now and wearing fine with no issues at all.

Reactions: Jassyo06
....... and quick coating of contact less fireball premium easy coat tonight...
Is this stuff you can just spray on after suing mate? Looking for something easy to apply in the garage during the winter months. Recommended?

Agreed. Had Lunar on the S5 for 3 years and I think I gave only the drivers seat a quick clean ONCE in that time and they were immaculate when I traded it in.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Is this stuff you can just spray on after suing mate? Looking for something easy to apply in the garage during the winter months. Recommended?
Yes mate it beads silly and adds a umber glossy shine to the car just rinse with water l only got a litre of it, should have got 5 litres of it damn get it next week

Reactions: lucaslfc
Yes mate it beads silly and adds a umber glossy shine to the car just rinse with water l only got a litre of it, should have got 5 litres of it damn get it next week
Cheers bud, that's it on the santa list lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and lucaslfc
Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
Where do you get yours?
I'm looking at it on Ultimate Finish for £13.50 plus delivery for 500ml.
There's also 4 litres for £61.00
Thought I'd get the small one to try it, means you've got the sprayer, then get the 4 litres to top up the sprayer after that.

Where do you get yours?
I'm looking at it on Ultimate Finish for £13.50 plus delivery for 500ml.
There's also 4 litres for £61.00
Thought I'd get the small one to try it, means you've got the sprayer, then get the 4 litres to top up the sprayer after that.

Yip that's where l got mine's from mate, the one litre will do 3 applications but l should have got the largest size as it awesome and quick to apply especially in the winter

Happy birthday Voodoo man!

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Happy Birthday Jassy have a great day mate - que for beer out of the sunroof pic in the new car LoL !!

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Happy Birthday Jassy have a great day mate - que for beer out of the sunroof pic in the new car LoL !!

Aye mate me nuts would be ****** frozen posing oot a roof lol

Aye beer time eta..... 5ish... Lol

And..... l am saving my next pano-roof Jakeball photo for your 50th ya golf R...... Nugget.... Lol

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Aye mate me nuts would be ****** frozen posing oot a roof lol

Aye beer time eta..... 5ish... Lol

And..... l am saving my next pano-roof Jakeball photo for your 50th ya golf R...... Nugget.... Lol

You got much snow up there mate ?

Yeah get them Buds out man !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MattSedg and Jassyo06
Happy Birthday chap.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06