Jeff's S4

Good call

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jeff, both your FW and database are newer than mine (I have P0814 & 6.20.4). Please let me know if you notice any change in functionality (i.e. from the FW part).

Reactions: V6_Man
This is where i got the information from regarding MMI 3G Plus versions including maps:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_Media_Interface

Looks like there is a newer version available (from when i got mine updated).
8R0 051 884 GA 8R0 060 884 GA ECE 6.28.2 Europe 2019 Edition MMI 3G HDD (HDD, 3D, Joystick) need Activation SD card

So I left the car at Maidstone Audi at 5.30 this evening, ready for the safety recall and MMI update work to be done tomorrow. They expect it to be finished tomorrow but have booked it as a two-day job just in case it overruns. To be honest, even if it's ready tomorrow, I think I'll wait to Thursdasy morning to go pick it up anyway. The M20 is a complete mess at the moment, and only worse at rush hour times.

first impressions of the place and the people very positive. It's a big, spacious site with plenty of wide parking bays that allow ample door opening space so no danger of dings. I picked up a good vibe from my contact there; he seemed to get how precious this car is to me. Still, I'll find out for sure on Thursday. Thast brings me to the courtesy car. It's a latest model A6 Avant diesel; about as new-fangled as it's possible to be, loaded with the very latest tech. And here's the thing; whilst I might acclimatise to it over a period of days and weeks, first impressions after an hour is the it's total sensory overload and a distraction to safe driving. Here's some pics to give you an idea of what this old f a r t is going on about.

The car; huge and hardly a beauty.
IMG 1384

Too many shiny surfaces causing reflections to fire all over the place
IMG 1383

IMG 1377

Total information overload
IMG 1381

Attachments

• IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: Bristle Hound, scotty76, V6_Man and 2 others
I'm not impressed with that SatNav, I think mine looks better - but maybe that's because of the Google part.

I've got the S4 back; the fuel rails have been replaced, and all felt well on the 25-mile journey home from Maidstone. The mapping update hasn't been done yet, though. It seems that in the last few days, the newest version has just been released, so as it's being done at Audi UK's expense, the dealership and I agreed that rather than install the 2019 version they'd been supplied with, they'd order in the 2020 version - which will take about ten days to get from the factory - and I'll take it back down later in the month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, scotty76, Chets and 1 other person
Any car park dints?

Had a really good offer via Carwow from Maidstone when I was looking for my S4 so good to hear they seem OK. Worth remembering for future albeit it's 100 miles from me which is why I went for the 2nd place offer a mile away. :)

Reactions: jdp1962
Had a really good offer via Carwow from Maidstone when I was looking for my S4 so good to hear they seem OK. Worth remembering for future albeit it's 100 miles from me which is why I went for the 2nd place offer a mile away. :)
You are near me aren't you? I had to go with the offer from Hitchin because none of the dealers in Berkshire/Hampshire would even discuss discounts with me!

You are near me aren't you? I had to go with the offer from Hitchin because none of the dealers in Berkshire/Hampshire would even discuss discounts with me!
I am. Reading Audi came a very close second to Maidstone so went with them. At the time the showroom was a mile from my work at Green Park. I won't touch Reading now for reasons I've mentioned in other thread.

Sorry for the thread hijack Jeff.

We need to discuss something until Jeff goes back for his maps...

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Does it have to be car specific or can we discuss anything

Reactions: Bristle Hound
And here I am, sat in the comfy lounge of Maidstone Audi, drinking free coffee and using the wifi to do this post whilst the MMI update gets underway. :)

And here I am, sat in the comfy lounge of Maidstone Audi, drinking free coffee and using the wifi to do this post whilst the MMI update gets underway. :)

Is it done, Jeff or I am being impatient here

So the update is done; just needs activating with the code: and the code is in a box that they handed to me last month and didn’t tell me to bring back today!!!

So the update is done; just needs activating with the code: and the code is in a box that they handed to me last month and didn’t tell me to bring back today!!!

. Annoying, frustrating!!

Can you not call the Mrs (if she is at home) and ask for the code

Oh oh oh

Rang home; Mrs Grumpy Old was back from work and read the codes out. They’re inputting them right now.

So we’re just past 5pm and the updates are proceeding with agonising slowness. They’ve offered me a car to take home but I've refused saying I have to take the S4 home tonight as I’m having a Ghost fitted tomorrow.

Ok, so I’ve made it home. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is that all of my Carista settings have been reverted to standard. I won’t get the opportunity to redo them before the weekend.

Ok, so I’ve made it home. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is that all of my Carista settings have been reverted to standard. I won’t get the opportunity to redo them before the weekend.

Oh, and what about the map, does she still feel stage 1 fast

So, I’ve redone my Carista mods so all is back how I like it. But here’s a strange one. The Hill Hold Assist no longer stays on as default setting. I’m having to press the button to switch it on with each start up. Anyone got any clues on that one?

EBC grooved discs and Redstuff pads on (not a great pic as the pads haven't scrubbed off the coating evently yet:

EBC Front

Strutco brace on:

Strutco

And APR supercharger pulley on:

Stage 2 Dyno

I'm now set up for another very happy five years of S4 ownership. :)

Reactions: mister.c., DieselJake, scotty76 and 3 others
Great longevity, with that amount of kick, you do right!.

Reactions: V6_Man and jdp1962
EBC grooved discs and Redstuff pads on (not a great pic as the pads haven't scrubbed off the coating evently yet:

View attachment 210482

Strutco brace on:

View attachment 210483

And APR supercharger pulley on:

View attachment 210484

I'm now set up for another very happy five years of S4 ownership. :)

Brilliant stuff Jeff and the results look spot on for a Stage 2 run on a DynoDynamics dyno. The area under the curve looks sweet as well mate. Enjoy the tune and let us know once you’ve given it full beans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk