jerking problems in first gear while turning

JMW

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I purchased a 2002 Audi S3 a week ago and so far its a great car! There are only two problems though, one of which I can fix myself but the other i'm a little stumped with. I have notice that when ever i drive around the the end of the cul-de-sac in my street (IN FIRST GEAR) that the car stars to shudder as if it is about to stall. I have driven many manuals though my street (including Audi RS4, BMW 125i and a honda integra) before and I have never had this problem. After doing some research, I found a lot of people talking about a dual mass fly wheel problem when talking about this topic. So would it be the dual mass fly wheel? If so how much is it to replace + labor? All help would be great!

Thanks

It could be the Haldex 4wd system. Could be worth checking when it was last serviced. Its only oil and a filter and if it goes unserviced it can result in the back wheels 'skipping' as you turn. Most places charge around £120 for the service but you can get the kit for about £40 plus a special tool to get the filter off.

Reactions: JMW
MATE YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE CHAMP!!! Just got someone to look as I drove around and the rear right wheel was SKIPPING!! Thank you!