Jet Lag

Brilliant isn't it? I'm flying home from Singapore on Sunday night after two months, got it all to go through myself once again. I've been doing two months on, one week off for the last year and I spend most of my week at home getting up at 4am but alseep by 7pm. Then come back here and cannot sleep until it's almost time to go back to work!

Nightmare dont think i would fancy that much , your job must be worth it i take it

The money does go some way towards compensating I guess, and I can feel good that we're giving Singapore cleaner air to breathe!

I'm flying out to Oz end of this month-not looking foward to the long flight :(

Ooh, I don't know.

25 hours on the plane with a 'bed' to kip in, choice of nice food, wines etc. and quick shower at Singapore in the lounge (1hr stop) was quite bearable when I did it ;) (BA Club World).

Bit expensive if you're paying for it yourself though - which I was :(

Getting my username sorted TDI .........flight was good was first class with contential all the way but i cant sleep on planes think it is because i am to tall 6ft 4inch never get comfortable enough to fall asleep

marshalld said:
Ooh, I don't know.

25 hours on the plane with a 'bed' to kip in, choice of nice food, wines etc. and quick shower at Singapore in the lounge (1hr stop) was quite bearable when I did it ;) (BA Club World).

Bit expensive if you're paying for it yourself though - which I was :(

LOL-I'm on Economy class Singapore airlines-With the option to upgrade to Executive Economy!

Aldo said:
LOL-I'm on Economy class Singapore airlines-With the option to upgrade to Executive Economy!

Singapore Airlines economy is pretty good, reasonable seat space and about 95 tv channels on demand rather than on a tape loop. You've gotta keep prompting them for the drinks though. My wife and kids came out here for Christmas and the New Year on Emirates and were not impressed one bit, we flew up to Penang Christmas weekend on Singapore Airlines and they gave me even more grief about spending 14 hours cramped on Emirates.

That said I use Singapore's Raffles Class with a full length bed and free flow champagne :beerchug:

I flew from Greece to Sydney with Olympic Airways, was very pleasant going out, no real jet-lag at all, bit of sleep and loads of food. But coming home was terrible. I'm 6'1" and was at the very back where the seats are non-reclining. Sitting straight all the way back with people bumping off me everytime they went for a Pee, was feeling very sick and sore after it.

MY tip for jet lag.

Sit facing backwards in the seat on the plane that way you are really coming instead of going or going instead of coming either way its uncomfatable, Also if the plane is sat on a moving conveyor belt with the wheels spinning in the same direction at the same speed do not board it and ask for a later plane

Im thinking of there welfare TDI, if they havent seen the conveyor belt plane thread they will just think whats that conveyor belt for and then board the plane and be stuck for 6 months waiting for it to take off, or for someone to make a plane out of bolsa wood and a conveyor belt made out of paper clips and just pray that nothing goes wrong

TDI-line said:
Glad you back Rev-head.

And BB, please don't mention conveyor belts.

Cheers man........yeah dont go there BB i nearly lost the will to live the last time

TDI-line said:
BB, what an earth is that avatar?

Looks like a delivery driver in Pakistan. We used to get one with DHL signs down the side turn up at site every day to deliver and collect when I was there:D

tonedef said:
Looks like a delivery driver in Pakistan. We used to get one with DHL signs down the side turn up at site every day to deliver and collect when I was there:D

Top service then.

That Mr TDI is the new BMW 7 series avaliable in India from next october, notice please if you will the lack of indicators, BMW India has realised that 9 out of 10 BMW drivers have no idea what they are used for, so to cut the costs and to make the 7 series as cheap as possible in this instance 10 ruppees they have left them off and done away with the air con

Oh i forgot pre order one before the 1st july of this year and they chuck in a free tea cosy now that's Gratisfaction

This is good.

BMW-Comic7.jpg

neil.c said:
Business class or first class (especially if you get a free upgrade) is the only way to travel :D

Oooo How do you get a free upgrade! :p

Aldo said:
Oooo How do you get a free upgrade! :p

The best way, believe it or not is to ask every time you check in, sometimes you just strike lucky. And always look smart, free upgrades are rarely given to someone in jeans!

tonedef said:
The best way, believe it or not is to ask every time you check in, sometimes you just strike lucky. And always look smart, free upgrades are rarely given to someone in jeans!
That rules my Tracky and trainers out then!

Thanks, I guess if you don't ask you don't get!

Well when we came back from Bangkok at christmas we were not upgrade material, being in shorts, trainers and tee shirts but we got upgraded from business to first. This was not at check in but at boarding. The only reason we can think of was that we rocked up just before the doors closed, as we had been drinking G+T's in the business lounge. We got the two seats in row 1 on the plane, and I managed to polish off a bottle of Dom Perignon 98 while togged up in my complimentary Guy Laroche jim jams :D