jet ski's ...

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a jet ski ? I've always thought they were a waste of time but after having been on the back of one I can honestly say I want one ! I'm going to sell the 3i and buy a tow bar for the SB. Although I don't think i'll get the same as the one i've just been on, 215bhp and75mph on water is ****** quick, I fact i cannot beleive how quickly that thing picks up.

:yes:Yes i used to have them. I had 6 new ones in 6 years, have got out of them now. You need very deep pockets to run one. They are good fun though.

when you say deep pockets do you mena because you had a new one every year or because they break ... i'd probably only use one for a year and then that would be it. I always said i'd get a speed boat as you can have more fun in one until I went on the back of the jet ski.

Used them on hols, no doubt at all they are very rapid and a lot of fun. Having seen many "playing" in the wakes of ferries coming out of Poole it takes some skill to ride properly and stay on, its not just about going quick in a straight line! Personally speaking though I dont think it would keep me entertained for a long time, its not like you can go anywhere on them given the limited amount of fuel you can carry.

Before you invest have you considered having a ride on the back of a motorbike? They'll probably cost as much to buy & maintain but at least you can go somewhere on them and see different places, as opposed to the same bit of coastline with the jet ski. Plus you dont have to drive anywhere to use a motorbike, its right there waiting for you at home!!

A couple of my mates have em, they're brilliant but as above you need to have alot of spare cash to run one.

Could easily use £50 petrol a day on one, they also need alot of maintenance so it'll be a steep learning curve on jetski internals for you or mega bills if somebody else does it for you.

Having said that i would honestly still love one when i'm making enough money

The chavs of the water - total waste of time. Great fun yes, for about 10 minutes. Just hire one for the 2 days a year you'll actually use it.

lol oh yeah and if you get one get used to people in yachts thinking you're the scum of the earth.

As above, heavy on fuel £50 a day easy, £35 gallon of oil if two stroke, £450 per year insurance, £40 per day launch fees, yearly service at £200 wet suits and lifejackets.These are 2005 prices.

launch fees arn't a problem, it'll sit round the back of my dads in the local river, fuel, well not too bothered about that and oil .... again not to concerned, i've never been interested in bikes and probably never will, it just doesn't apeal. thanks for the replies so far :) I'll probably be bored with it in a year but at least I can say i've done it.